The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Anti-game

Iskras
Iskras
✭✭✭

With respect and consideration for all those who are fighting a fierce campaign, whether these EP, DC or AD. An 'unusual' situation occurred today in Vivec. One group decided to make the so-called 'PVEDOOR' between two keeps.

Nothing against taking - occupying keeps, but repeating this for more than two hours, for more than once a day, in my view, it is anti-game, anti-PvP and does not add up to anything, whether the faction does this or not . AD won the last campaign without needing this 'strange' PvP practice. I can not forbid groups and guilds to do what they want, but try to avoid the 'anti-pvp', the 'anti-game'.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean like how one AD guild decided to PVE-DOOR Rayles, then leave and do the same with Warden? Constantly? All night long? Oh yeah. You won without using those ‘tactics’ right?

It’s part of the game. And it never bothered me because of the sheer number of AD PUGS running around DC home keeps. I had a blast hunting them down!

Just play the game and have fun, some of you take it far too seriously. Put the hypocrisy away for a bit and go kill someone.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muica_Too_Sexy_For_My_Chair.gif
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan, i dont say who do that, i ask it to all factions. :) (this is not hypocrisy - it would have been if I had appointed someone or some faction in particular - but I did the opposite, even to serve as criticism to those who do this in my own faction. Attention to this is nothing more than a 'request ', an' appeal to 'common sense')

Rohamed u is my hero :smiley:
    Edited by Iskras on April 18, 2018 3:30AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way to bust up a faction zerg, is to keep hitting their home keeps. The faction zerg can either loose their home keeps and risk loosing a scroll, or stop pushing and send some folks to the back lines to deal with it.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay. So, it is now considered PvDoor if you cap keeps during a time when there were defending players online? Is it the attacker's fault that the defending faction doesn't defend and instead runs behind to do exactly the same for defense?

Why did the defenders not go and break the cycle by taking keeps on the attacker's hometurf, instead of playing catchup?

I am sincerely baffled. Dear OP, please write your rulebook down somewhere so I can follow your requirements for being a proper adversary. Not.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    just the typical forum whining move along nothing to see here
    Edited by chris211 on April 18, 2018 10:33AM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is weak AP farming and not necessarily intentional map strategy. ( If it is the latter, I weep )
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what?

People scream: "Don't PVDoor! Its anti-PVP."

Okay, so we'll go where the fight are. Then they turn around and scream: "Get off the emp-keeps! Spread out the fight!"

And when we get off the emp-keeps and hit a back keep that has few defenders because most PVPers don't sit around and guard keeps, they scream -you guessed it: "Don't PVDoor!"

Can't freaking win. Can't freaking win.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hitting the enemy where they are not is a completely valid modern warfare strategy. take a few pages from history if you don't believe me.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    hitting the enemy where they are not is a completely valid modern warfare strategy. take a few pages from history if you don't believe me.

The pages of history also tell that armies *** and pillaged towns they conquered? Better get that tbag going people's
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

Agree.

But in that case, I summarize the subject of 'jumping in two places' (the same ones) consecutively for more than four hours. Today, there were the same situation in two distinct factions. I did not see logic besides doing AP (I do not condemn, I do not criticize) but I think every tactic should have a strategy supported. Tactics, is the 'immediate' goal, the strategy, where you want to blind to the end. For example, the strategy is to win the campaign, the countless tactics will occur according to the situation of the map, the forces involved, etc.

In this sense, I did not see much nexus in this action specified here.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvDoor is part of the game, time zones etc etc.

However AP BOOSTING especially using dirty alliance switching is cheating and people been caught before.

U sure from your post which you are really talking about. As the later I'm with you. The forner, part of the game
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Try to look up the definition of PVDoor but just find pages about PVC Doors. I would guess from the context it is the process of capturing, loosing, recapturing the same couple of keeps over and over. Also is this the keeps by by the home gates so that they are always on the transitus network?
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    Try to look up the definition of PVDoor but just find pages about PVC Doors. I would guess from the context it is the process of capturing, loosing, recapturing the same couple of keeps over and over. Also is this the keeps by by the home gates so that they are always on the transitus network?

PVDoor is attacking a keep that can be reasonably expected to not have many defenders, so the attackers are "Players vs Door" aka in the view of many who dislike the practice, players who are deliberately avoiding more defended targets and thus avoiding actual Player vs player.

As I stated above, I get terribly annoyed by the hypocrisy of this call.

See, all the emp keeps can be reasonably expected to have defenders. Anything off the emp ring, not so much.

So if we stay on the emp ring, everyone screams "Quit zerging! Spread the fight out you zergs!"
    Then if we move off the emp ring into the less defended keeps its "Quit PVDooring! Come back here and actually PVP, you scrubs!"
    Then we move back and before you know, they're whining about zerging again. But if we get off the emp ring, well, its probably PVDoor.

Just can't win.

Seriously, people. If you want to spread out the fight and break up the emp ring zergs, you have to go hit the back keeps. And if you don't have defenders there, its gonna be PVDoor some/most of the time. You can't complain about both things and not see the connection.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group regularly takes home keeps of the faction that is pressing our keeps to make them back off so we can re-align the keeps and fight for emp. You have to cut off the re-enforcement's so you can take your keeps back and start taking emp keeps. It is the closest things we have to supply lines.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    One way to bust up a faction zerg, is to keep hitting their home keeps. The faction zerg can either loose their home keeps and risk loosing a scroll, or stop pushing and send some folks to the back lines to deal with it.

This doesn't work 2pm-5pm est on DC unless you break their ability to port. Then they will fix that and get back to farming their brindle keep/lm quests.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a little wisdom about 30 day campaigns. The first week is purley AP farming to position players on the leaderboard for emping. The second and third week of the campaign is about making those emp pushes. The final week of a campaign is about getting all those other goals accomplished.

The ambiguity of trying to win a campaign is really counter-productive to a game that is 4 years old. Of course everyone likes to win at some point but honestly the ONLY thing that matters are the transmute crystals or the accumulation there of. Without them players will simply have to farm for the best gear best traits in order to implement those theory crafted builds that wipe the mindless which in turn feeds the wheels of PVP.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to know how to report a type of in-game behavior that disrespects the ToS rules, spurred by guild leader [Edited for naming and shaming] when it ends up subjecting all its members to that particular type and behavior ... honestly . I report just the lead of this guild or everyone who repeat this bad behavior (I would have to report more than 10)?
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 25, 2018 1:12PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a little wisdom about 30 day campaigns. The first week is purley AP farming to position players on the leaderboard for emping. The second and third week of the campaign is about making those emp pushes. The final week of a campaign is about getting all those other goals accomplished.

The ambiguity of trying to win a campaign is really counter-productive to a game that is 4 years old. Of course everyone likes to win at some point but honestly the ONLY thing that matters are the transmute crystals or the accumulation there of. Without them players will simply have to farm for the best gear best traits in order to implement those theory crafted builds that wipe the mindless which in turn feeds the wheels of PVP.

humm, nice read it, i learn more. I dont have this experience yet. But, good obervation.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the 20 or 30 people per faction that actually have a shot at emp maybe, for the other couple thousand per faction not so much.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    I would love to know how to report a type of in-game behavior that disrespects the ToS rules, spurred by guild leader when it ends up subjecting all its members to that particular type and behavior ... honestly . I report just the lead of this guild or everyone who repeat this bad behavior (I would have to report more than 10)?

What ToS rule do they break in your eyes?
    Is there now a "upsetting Iskra is against ToS rule?"
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 25, 2018 1:12PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to know how to report a type of in-game behavior that disrespects the ToS rules, spurred by guild leader [edited for naming and shaming] when it ends up subjecting all its members to that particular type and behavior ... honestly . I report just the lead of this guild or everyone who repeat this bad behavior (I would have to report more than 10)?

With the things he reports for (or claims to, anyway) one would think so.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 25, 2018 1:13PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we edited a few comments for naming and shaming. This is a reminder that naming and shaming is a violation of our forum rules (this includes members and guilds). Keep comments constructive and away from personal insults or we will consider closing this thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to know how to report a type of in-game behavior that disrespects the ToS rules, spurred by guild leader when it ends up subjecting all its members to that particular type and behavior ... honestly . I report just the lead of this guild or everyone who repeat this bad behavior (I would have to report more than 10)?

In that case, Harassment. But the idea of the topic its another. Back to the subject. :)

*Izanagi - the "upsetting Iskra" is upset when is necessary be. ;)
    Edited by Iskras on April 25, 2018 2:08PM