Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Original ESO on Disc (PS4) Plus ESO Morrowind on Disc

Boxman425
Boxman425
Soul Shriven
I own the original ESO ps4 disc and I want to purchase Morrowind, however on a lot of websites it is considerably cheaper to buy a physical copy (Base Game + Morrowind) instead of buying the upgrade code. I was wondering if i purchase ESO Morrowind on disc, would I be able to access my old character, or would the games act as two separate entities on my ps4. I only ask as Iv'e seen that it is not possible with the Disc version of ESO Gold to match up with a disc version of ESO : MW.

Thanks

Best Answers

• TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's possible to save your account regardless of disc, what's important is that you use the same psn, but i would keep on the lookout for someone who knows from experience.
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of your character data is stored on the servers. None is resident on your console. And there aren’t different versions for the software...it’s all the same software, just different sections get unlocked based on your purchases.

So...if you had an old edition that unlocked some areas, that got updated to your account and those areas are unlocked. If you buy a physical Morrowind disc and play it in your PS4, it will unlock Morrowind on your account and open that zone and features to you. Yes, you can do what you’re asking. The new disc would run exactly like the old one, just opening more areas.

Note - Morrowind comes with Summerset pre-order. That’s a reason the discs are cheap now. If you purchase the digital Summerset upgrade, Morrowind is unlocked upon purchase and Summerset will be open when it drops. So you might want to go that route.
    Answer ✓
  • Boxman425
    Boxman425
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys, love this community.