Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Looking at getting into the Ganking business and need advice !

Hawco10
Hawco10
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
Is dual wield and bow the way to go ? Or is it 2h and bow ?
I was thinking about running with marksman and shadow walker ?
Not sure on gear and set up, so any advice from the Ganker community would be welcome :smile:
Thx guys !
Edited by Hawco10 on April 17, 2018 11:54PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor nice :trollface:

https://alcasthq.com lists a bow & melee gank build :smile:
    Edited by Sparr0w on April 18, 2018 8:15AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sparr0w

Original Thread Title said "..Tanking Business..."
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a NB bow gank build. He's pretty lethal.

Marksman is a top performer, for sure. I am currently pairing this with Hawk's Eye. Morag Tong is a good choice if you make sure to take all poison morphs. Shadow Walker is a great set, but with the double cost reduction of Marksman + Hawks Eye I find that I don't hurt for resources. If I can't get my kills in the 30-40 procs I get with these sets, I'm not going to get the kills.

I like the 2h for the back bar. Rally is a great skill, and offers a route to major brutality that doesn't waste a potion and doesn't pull me from sneak.

From Alcast's build, I like to pull relentless focus and piercing mark to the front and back slot mage light and cloak. Barrier is ok, but lately I've been slotting the siphoning ultimate to get the 8% more magic. I'd rather have more cloak power than barrier. Barrier does save my butt, but not that often. I also like fear traps a lot.

The Asylum Bow also offers some awesome opportunities if your play style offers a way to proc it.

Upcoming changes

Update 18 will offer some changes to a bow gank build regardless of class. Here's what I'm looking at right now

- I will probably lose magelight. I don't need to hunt players, and the #%@&#$ing changes to empower will make this a waste for me. I'm not sure what I will bring in. Shuffle and Shadow Image are strong contenders.

- The bow and 2h counting as two items is huge for us bow gankers.
    A. It might push you away from Marks/Hawks since you can't get weapons other than bows in these sets (unless they change this). It makes Marks/Morag a bit more attractive.
    B. It's going to offer me a 5/5/2 setup in cyro pvp. (pause to allow everyone I've killed before to collectively go 'uuuughhhh') That's huge! I'm going to experiment, and see what the experts think. Right now I'm interested in exploring:

- two monster pieces but not a set. As in, Kraghs for the pen and Domihaus for the resources. That sort of combo might actually be better than a full monster set.
    - There aren't many great sets for range stam builds. I'm going to play with Sellistrix (low expectations), Stormfist (we will see), or Troll King to see how that helps my health.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx, great info in there.
    Thx very much !!