The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"come Summerset MagDK will be a lot better." Based on what?

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm going to just throw this out to the player base, as I keep seeing it pop up in a lot of my discussions and its a basis for what I might chose to play, for the following reason:
"Just struggling with playstyle and such, and that I like to play a desired class so when it does come to dungeons/etc I am not kicked. Then again, do they do that here? In GW2 man if you aren't raiding with the meta its an insta kick (part of my leaving that game)."
That's my current state of gameplay in ESO at the moment as I don't see the point in putting out all the effort to "relearn" a stamDK if mag is going to be the golden child. So the question is doesn't the buffs to DK that are coming (so they say) apply to both stam and mag? Therefore on what is it based that magika is going to be all the rage, if stam is king now wont it just stay as such and maybe be better? So the proper comment should maybe read "Dragonknights will be a lot better"? Or am I missing something huge being so "new" and all?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    both specs see a buff in their resource management, since they can restore magicka or stamina, when the status effect burning or poisoned procs. now a magdk has a highe chance for that a little bit rng based sustain passive, since they have more fire abilities included in their rotation, so proccing burning can be very easy, especially, when they use BSW set or a perfetc AS staff.
    stamdks will have a bit more problems to get the sustain, since they have around 4 sources to proc poisoned by venomous claw, noxious breath, poison injection and poison enchant. so you still will see a better sustain for stamdks compared to dragon bones patch.
    heavy and light attacks of several weapons also got buffed by scaling better with the max magicka or stamina pool. staves, bows and dual wield i think all belong to the weapons, which benefits from the change. so again a damage increase compared to dragon bones. but sadly last patch in dragon bones sustain and damage of stamina toons was cut a bit, because of the offbalance changes. therefore all those heavy attacks in the stamdks rotation did more damage before dragon bones and restored more stamina. thats why they are a bit off to play atm. but with SS you actually will see a buff to yourself.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE meta changes. Zaan+jewelry elf bane, bloodthirsty, sustain, 2x stave set bonus. Stamnerfs.

Adds up. Elfbane alone adds over 3k dps to Zaan. And allows you more dps from more time for lash and higher standard. Almost definitely be (comparable with) top tier. Melee has their own issues in new content though.

I guaran-***-tee you PvP will remain most the same, the changes were PvE oriented and only the sustain is truly a buff (even then situational obsolescence based on shield, race, cloak) the rest are buffs to useless or at the very least worse option skills oriented mainly around PvE healing.

I have been right thus far (whip changes Foss changes on range, useless skill changes)
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag dks werent viable in trials because they didnt pull anywhere near the dps stam did. This patch they are nerfing stam into the ground (about 10-20% overall) meaning stam is less viable in raid and now the melee mag dps will thrive again.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting with Summerset, staves will count as two set pieces, which means MagDK (as well as every other magicka class) will be able to wear two 5-piece armor sets and a full 2-piece monster set. That'll increase their DPS and should put their damage more on par with dual wielders.
  • mastoeb
    mastoeb
    The current issues with magdks in raidenviroment:

1. sustain is bad
    2.the dps in comparison to stamina is not there

stamdks:

1. easy sustain due to heavy attacks in teh rotation
    2. like basicly all stam classes atm their dps in melee spot is great

What will summerset change ?

More sustain for the class in general.
    -> Stamdk wont benefit from this nearly as much as magdk since they can already sustain just fine

Staffs count as 2 set pieces

-> Buff to magdk (and other magclasses) that doenst do anything for stamdk, getting to use a second 5 piece set is a huge deal

Big nerfs to stamina dps in trials

Stamina will loose a big chunk of their dps with sunder and nmg penetration gone which will effect stamdk as much as every stamclass while mag dk ofc wont be affected

Conclusion:

While magdk is getting pretty huge buffs stamdk doenst benefit form the ressource buff and stam dps in general is going to experience a nerf.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, just read the Deadly cloaks and twin blades nerfs so um yea, bummer for stam....damnit. stay with mag I reckon. figures after I went and respec'd to stam...grrr.....lol. you all had better be right!! getting expensive! ;)
    Edited by Joxer61 on April 18, 2018 7:29AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep saying that the 2H weapons counting as two items is only a buff to magicka builds? I have quite a few stam builds that will benefit from their Bows and Great Swords counting as two set pieces.

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people keep saying that the 2H weapons counting as two items is only a buff to magicka builds? I have quite a few stam builds that will benefit from their Bows and Great Swords counting as two set pieces.

Because this is obviously a PvE discussion. No set will beat MA bow and front bar two-hander is not really an option if we are talking about optimal performance. Especially on a stamDK.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That too, but we were talking about magDKs in this thread, so I only mentioned staffs.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main DK healer, and the changes to ash cloud and fragmented shield have really helped me... So that's a definite plus.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the most recent patch notes on changes to Dragonknights, that are coming in the next major patch. It shows several changes that may buff some skill morphs.

Dragonknight changes

Ardent Flame
    Cauterize (Inferno morph): Increased the range of the heal from this morph to 28 meters from 15 meters.
    Combustion: This passive ability now also restores 250/500 Magicka or Stamina to you when you apply the Burning or Poisoned status effects to an enemy. These effects can occur once every 5 seconds.
    Empowering Chains (Fiery Grip morph): This morph now grants you 2 stacks of the Empower buff, up from 1.
    Shifting Standard (Dragonknight Standard morph): Decreased the cost of this morph to 225 Ultimate from 250 Ultimate.

Draconic Power
    Reflective Plate (Reflective Scale morph): This morph now removes all snare effects from you when you cast the ability.

Earthen Heart
    Ash Cloud: This ability now heals you and your allies in the area and snares enemies; note the Eruption morph remains unchanged.
    Cinder Storm (Ash Cloud morph): This morph now increases the healing done.
    Obsidian Shard (Stonefist morph): Increased the healing done by this morph by approximately 25%.
    Obsidian Shield: This ability now grants you Major Mending for 2.5 seconds as a baseline effect, but no longer grants you a stronger damage shield that absorbs 200% more damage. In addition, we’ve also made adjustments to both morphs:
    Igneous Shield: This morph now grants you a stronger damage shield that absorbs 200% more damage.
    Fragmented Shield: This morph now increases the duration of Major Mending to 4.5 seconds.
    Shattering Rocks (Petrify morph): This morph has been redesigned so that when the stun ends, it causes the enemy’s next attack to heal their target.
    Stone Giant (Stonefist morph): This morph now also grants Minor Ward in additional to Minor Resolve.

• Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soo much healing! good for any healing DK's I reckon. but don't magdk have more chance of procs due to more fire based skills being used, so that will be a win?
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Here are the most recent patch notes on changes to Dragonknights, that are coming in the next major patch. It shows several changes that may buff some skill morphs.

Dragonknight changes

Ardent Flame
    Cauterize (Inferno morph): Increased the range of the heal from this morph to 28 meters from 15 meters.
    Combustion: This passive ability now also restores 250/500 Magicka or Stamina to you when you apply the Burning or Poisoned status effects to an enemy. These effects can occur once every 5 seconds.
    Empowering Chains (Fiery Grip morph): This morph now grants you 2 stacks of the Empower buff, up from 1.
    Shifting Standard (Dragonknight Standard morph): Decreased the cost of this morph to 225 Ultimate from 250 Ultimate.

Draconic Power
    Reflective Plate (Reflective Scale morph): This morph now removes all snare effects from you when you cast the ability.

Earthen Heart
    Ash Cloud: This ability now heals you and your allies in the area and snares enemies; note the Eruption morph remains unchanged.
    Obsidian Shard (Stonefist morph): Increased the healing done by this morph by approximately 25%.
    Obsidian Shield: This ability now grants you Major Mending for 2.5 seconds as a baseline effect, but no longer grants you a stronger damage shield that absorbs 200% more damage. In addition, we’ve also made adjustments to both morphs:
    Igneous Shield: This morph now grants you a stronger damage shield that absorbs 200% more damage.
    Fragmented Shield: This morph now increases the duration of Major Mending to 4.5 seconds.
    Shattering Rocks (Petrify morph): This morph has been redesigned so that when the stun ends, it causes the enemy’s next attack to heal their target.
    Stone Giant (Stonefist morph): This morph now also grants Minor Ward in additional to Minor Resolve.

I hate using Obsidian Shard as it gives cc immunity to the enemies, and I'm far from an effective dps with my healing setup. Plus it only heals one target, where as healing springs, ash cloud, energy orb, or mutagen could be slotted/stacked to add more HoT in rotation, so there's no need for a burst heal(even though healing springs has a small burst to it).

I personally think they should remove the healing effect from obsidian shard and maybe give stam or mag DK another dps morph option, as I don't see why any healer would take it as it is now.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Dragonknight changes

Ardent Flame

Draconic Power

Earthen Heart

I hate using Obsidian Shard as it gives cc immunity to the enemies, and I'm far from an effective dps with my healing setup. Plus it only heals one target, where as healing springs, ash cloud, energy orb, or mutagen could be slotted/stacked to add more HoT in rotation, so there's no need for a burst heal(even though healing springs has a small burst to it).

I personally think they should remove the healing effect from obsidian shard and maybe give stam or mag DK another dps morph option, as I don't see why any healer would take it as it is now.

I still think they should revert Stone Giant to do Physical Damage (plus the resistances) and Obsidian Shard to do Flame Damage (and a heal). Make them have the same amount of damage, though. That way- stam players (who usually wear medium) will have resistance buffs and mag players (who usually need heals) can still add this to their cart for damage.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren