Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

When Should I Sell My Anniversary Event Motifs?

Vanchatron
Vanchatron
✭✭
I've collected around 20 motifs so far from the Jubilee boxes, and was just wondering when a good time to sell them is. According to guild mates, I shouldn't sell them right now as the price is low, considering everybody is receiving them quite easily. Then again, some people say to save them for up to a year, in order for the price to rise, although I'd rather not wait THAT long to be honest.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.
Edited by Vanchatron on April 17, 2018 1:55PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will buy them all now for a rekuta and six bananas. Lol...jk. No one gets my precious bananas.

I am, I guess, a motif magnate. I’ve bought and sold at least 10,000 motifs in my time playing. Yes, the gold box motifs are valuable. If you have time this weekend, I recommend grabbing as many more as you can. (The towns in Cyrodiil...you can get 10 boxes per hour...)

So...the market will indeed be flooded for a while. Oddly, the prices don’t tend to fall that much. A bit, but they don’t collapse. Like the Morrowind house chapters have consistently been 15-20k on my server. With the event they’re down to the low end of that, but not really much lower. The bigger problem is that the stores are jammed with motifs, and no one is buying because we all just got piles of them. So your stuff will just sit.

The prices will probably correct shortly after Summerset. There will be five times as many players, people will come back who have been gone for a while, and tons of new players will come into the game. You should be able to move them then. I don’t recommend holding them for the long term. It depends on what you’ve got, but newer motifs will lose value over time regardless the event. Bloodforge and Dreadhorn were selling for ~$60k before the event. That’s just because they’re new. Over the next year they’ll probably drop in value to 20-30k.

So sell them in June, and prioritize the most expensive and newest motifs.