The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Prosperous Trait

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I don't think I have ever crafted with except to use for research.

Does anyone actually use Prosperous gear?

It struck me that the amount of gold dropped by enemies it a trivial amount. Boosting this trivial amount by another trivial percent is not going to achieve a lot.

The most profitable endeavours seem to involve selling rare items with traders.
Even in day to day terms, selling ornate drops and quest rewards probably account for a higher percentage of income than enemy gold drops.

I wonder if prosperous would be more useful if it boosted all kinds of collection. Percentage increase of extra items from resource nodes. Improved percentage change for rare drops when harvesting or using chests etc. Then it might be a useful trait to use in gear for harvesting. As it stands I don't know if anyone would use it.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prosperous was removed and changed to Invigorating.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Invigorating

Garnets, the most useless armour gems in Tamriel. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the fact the trait changed and I hadn't even noticed is telling in itself.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    Perhaps the fact the trait changed and I hadn't even noticed is telling in itself.
    Yup. Sadly the Garnet seems to forever be that trait which just isn't good enough to be considered in any situations.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    The regeneration on Invigorating is still arguably more useful that increasing the trivial gold drops by a trivial amount. Still it is argued that a Mundus Stone trait plus divines can achieve greater regeneration. That said Invigorating is tri-stat where a Mundus stone is just one.

Mostly people would use an enchantment (individual or tri-stat) and Infused. Still this increases the resource pool and not the regeneration.

On paper it might be useful and certainly better than no trait at all.
    My Characters

• Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Garnets, the most useless armour gems in Tamriel. :tongue:

#PrayForGarnets
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... certainly better than no trait at all.

And that, my friend, summarizes the usefulness of Invigorating.

Oh, and the need to research it to craft 9-trait sets.

I'll get back to you when I think of something else...
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :( I recall when the Prosperous Build was all the rage:

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/prosperous-build/
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    This article for the build is parody though right?
    My Characters

• carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

I would still classify invigorating as more useful than Sturdy. I don't know how many people need a set just to limit how much stamina blocking costs.

I also thought one of the traits reduced the rate at which armour took damage and needed to be repaired. From other articles about Prosperous it mentions Impenetrable saving more money on repairs than Prosperous generated in extra income. I thought Impenetrable was just protection against weapon critical and only really useful in PvP? That on the basis that I don't think critical damage is an issue in PvE but then things in the game change such that this might not be true anymore.

That would raise question as to what is more valuable in PvP? Boosted enchantment with Infused? Boosted Mundus with Divines or protection against critical from all them dagger ganking Nightblades with Impenetrable? Still I am not aware of anyone using Invigorating in PvP.
    My Characters

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

I would still classify invigorating as more useful than Sturdy. I don't know how many people need a set just to limit how much stamina blocking costs.

I also thought one of the traits reduced the rate at which armour took damage and needed to be repaired. From other articles about Prosperous it mentions Impenetrable saving more money on repairs than Prosperous generated in extra income. I thought Impenetrable was just protection against weapon critical and only really useful in PvP? That on the basis that I don't think critical damage is an issue in PvE but then things in the game change such that this might not be true anymore.

That would raise question as to what is more valuable in PvP? Boosted enchantment with Infused? Boosted Mundus with Divines or protection against critical from all them dagger ganking Nightblades with Impenetrable? Still I am not aware of anyone using Invigorating in PvP.

When Prosperous changed to Invigorating they changed Impenetrable to add the reduction in durability damage damage. That makes the Impenetrable trait at least slightly useful in PVE.

As for sturdy, it is very useful for your typical perma-blocking tank. Consider my old tank build:
    • Block Cost = 550 Stamina
    • Block Cost + Sturdy x 7 = 380 Stamina

So only 170 Stamina difference....except block cost can be deducted every 0.25 secs which is the equivalent of 1360 Stamina Recovery. Not only are you going to not going to get anything close to that with Invigorating you can't regen Stamina while blocking anyways.

Eben on a none tank build the effect of sturdy can be significant:
    • Block Cost = 1760 Stamina
    • Block Cost + Sturdy x 1 = 1689 Stamina
    • Block Cost + Sturdy x 7 = 1276 Stamina

Probably not too useful in a PVE build but for a PVP build it is not uncommon to throw a couple of sturdy pieces in there.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :( I recall when the Prosperous Build was all the rage:

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/prosperous-build/

Regardless of what anyone says, prosperous WAS very useful for farming. It's funny, part of me thinks that the whole "impenetrable gets you more gold in the long run" argument was just propaganda started by the few players who were making crazy bank running prosperous.

No, prosperous wouldn't make you gold if you just ran around indiscriminately killing zone mobs. That's basically what all that "math" was based on. The "shocking find" was that only killing animals and other mobs that drop little or no gold wasn't profitable with gold gain boosting equipment. Shocking, simply shocking.

BUT, if you focused your farming efforts on areas with high densities of humanoids / imperial mobs, that prosperous bonus really started to yield results. A full set of prosperous gear golded out is 150% gold drops. In certain areas, you could make anywhere from 50,000 to 80,000 gold an hour just by running around killing these specific mobs. Was it boring? Yes, but it was very consistent, and a lot of players enjoyed it more than speculating on motif drops or flipping items in guild stores.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should of just buffed Prosperous and made it so it not only increased gold dropped on enemies but gold for completing quests, dailies, etc. The new Invigorating trait is even worse than Prosperous because there's literally not a single reason to use it.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think I have ever crafted with except to use for research.

Does anyone actually use Prosperous gear?

It struck me that the amount of gold dropped by enemies it a trivial amount. Boosting this trivial amount by another trivial percent is not going to achieve a lot.

The most profitable endeavours seem to involve selling rare items with traders.
    Even in day to day terms, selling ornate drops and quest rewards probably account for a higher percentage of income than enemy gold drops.

I wonder if prosperous would be more useful if it boosted all kinds of collection. Percentage increase of extra items from resource nodes. Improved percentage change for rare drops when harvesting or using chests etc. Then it might be a useful trait to use in gear for harvesting. As it stands I don't know if anyone would use it.

Prosperous has been removed.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty crappy that i made a full set of purple prosperous 160 gear on a stam dps to run around and gain gold in pub dungeons just for them to change the trait a few months later making my gear useless.
    I had to decon it.