The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it "Crafting" or Licensed Distributor?

President_PUG
President_PUG
✭✭✭
I was so glad to find out making a pair pants didn't require, Learning to grow Cotton, Learn to Weave and Make thread. Some games have you spend half Your play time just doing those Basic things in order to Craft a finished product. So don't get Me wrong when I say there isn't any crafting in ESO. Crafting defined by dictionaries call for hands on skill, not just book learned.
The current "Crafting" in ESO is more like a Soda machine, These steps anyone can do. #1 Insert money. #2 Make selection. #3 Out comes Can soda hold it up and Say "LOOK I Crafted This Can of Soda!" That's an oversimplification, and I'm happy ESO does it that way. Had to call it something. I can't recall ever seeing a Forum Thread complaining about "CRITICAL FAILURE" rates during upgrading a pair pants. The new Jewelry Crafting looks like it may require more then an ADD-ON (Lazy Wit) to have a finished product for sell.While this is more a Tongue in Cheek post about semantics, I really wanted to Congratulate ESO on 4 Years not only Surviving in a Very Competitive Industry, but seem's to be well on the way Establishing Itself as The Leader. I started out with "PONG" 1970's ish, and I have seen The Changes First hand. I Beta tested most every major Title in The 80's-90's ESO being one The last I choose to participate in.My fingers just cannot keep up with button spamming any more, so I choose ONE Game to Keep, and threw out the Rest.Having stepped away from the game a few years, It didn't more then couple hours to understand why this game is so good.First it's an open SandBox, with some The Best Artist,Story Teller's,Set Designer's,Programmer's,I can spend Hour's a day just walking around pretending I'm "IN THE ZONE" Player's may take That Scenery for Granted, but let Me tell, THAT"S TRUE CRAFTING YOUR SEEING.ESO so huge, The $15 a month is for this quality of Entertainment? What's a Box Popcorn cost at The Movie Theaters now? THE Player's also have been a MAJOR reason this game is so popular.The suggestion's and timely response from GM is so quick I think We become SPOILED.People have different opinions and play styles, There's a difference in submitting a Constructive review, and just Whining.All The Games I've played since 1970'ish I never bad mouthed The Game. If I didn't like it I moved on. When A Game like ESO get's it right They deserve The Round applause and Congradulations. The Future of Gaming is "A.I." I remember first day came back and found a Senche Tigress Stalking Me.She was not afraid of Me. The Creatures, NPC's, Environment, (THE WATERFALLS in Caves now have Mist) big deal? HELL YEAH, when You started out playing 2 little paddles and bouncing white Blip!. I see The BOT's in Game, it's an Exploit I never had to use, In The Future, A game might be set up where You need to be able to Let It make You some Money while You sleep. I consider Myself a MEDIEVAL MERCHANT class , listening to Knight's and Noble's brag about Their Dungeon and how awesome it was. I sold You all The stuff You needed to accomplish that.Here have a SODA! That's the Real End Game, like in RL. When Developer's allow Their Content to adjust itself, That's a step toward True A.I.There are a Couple game's out that actually let the Game learn and Grow itself. It takes so much micro-management from The Players to stay on top of it, its not a game any more It's WORK! A word about A.I. real quick, It's not "THE TERMINATOR" Most Human's smarter then Cat's, You don't see a concerted effort to wipe out Cat's just cuz they peedd on your New carpet. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE to Me is like a an ARTIFICIAL PLANT. It only appears to be something. I prefer PERFECT INTELLIGENCE =P.I. You cant yell at it to change the Fact 1+1=2.It doesn't care You too 2 week's to Craft a Ship, and the first time you flew it, some one Blew it up, with a Bigger Ship...Ship happen's. I hope to See someone like Cortuna in a Game before I check out. I could sit play cards "ESO LEGEND"S" all day with Her.
Time to wrap this up, and Thank ALL The people That have played ESO from The Start, and stayed with it.Thank The Returning Player's for coming back and seeing how it's Grown.It's not perfect, there No Paragraph in any Publish Document Promising You a "PERFECT PRODUCT" It's 4 Year's old People, What were you able to do at 4 Year's OLD?
Last= Thank THE STAFF! All We really ask for is "ENTERTAIN US!" and YOU DO! HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!
“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tl;dr, Npara, can someone who reads it summarize?
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    Holy wall of text!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tl;dr, Npara, can someone who reads it summarize?

Despite the thread title, it is a "I like this game, congrats to ZOS" post.
    Edited by Leandor on April 21, 2018 6:11AM