The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New structural items... hallelujah!!

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Thanks for listening ZOS.
Walls, stairs, large floor piece and a fireplace.
This opens up huge possibilities. Just please don't let @ZOS_DickTurpin set the prices on CS this time!
Edited by Zypheran on April 17, 2018 6:12AM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Are these racial as well or just some generic designs?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    walls, stairs, floor piece?? really? REALLY?

can you post some screenshots please?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus @immozz01

I had to watch this whole video because she gets so excited over the new stuff, it made me think of the home shopping channel, lol.

Structures at 24:45

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8nC8crsLE
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I can't watch video ATM but will check back tonight.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    walls, stairs, floor piece?? really? REALLY?

can you post some screenshots please?

Yes... really. I too was excited.
    They are high elf but are reasonably generic being just light grey stone.
    Don't have screen shots at the moment as I'm at work but will try post later.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could also place our own water.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! no more building brick by brick :D

AWESOME
    PC
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for the stairs: what I saw on the video linked above, was quite wide, which I think wouldn't fit in a medium sized room. Also there is no room under the stairs, which is always a nice place for some decorations. The floor will most likly only fit in Summerset style houses, this very light stone will at least look odd in all houses that I own. Glad to see they care about structure items after all. Hope some will not be crown store exclusive and that they will continue to create items like these.
  • Spoticus
    Spoticus
    Loving these structural pieces keep them coming in all styles @ZOS
  • Corrinos
    Corrinos
    ✭✭✭
    Yet, no housing cap increase?

/snore
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea if any in-game (with gold or crafting) way to procure these items?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Corrinos wrote: »
    Yet, no housing cap increase?

/snore

Maybe not, but this could save me quite a few slots currently used up to make my own stairs.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we don't know if they will be crown exclusive
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    @Turelus @immozz01

I had to watch this whole video because she gets so excited over the new stuff, it made me think of the home shopping channel, lol.

Structures at 24:45

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8nC8crsLE

Another bath! :open_mouth:

Hopefully it isn't crown store exclusive, but looks like it is. :(
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, absolutely all the furniture depicted in the video are AWESOME! I can´t wait to have some of them in my tower. The only problem, as always: housing slots...
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on April 18, 2018 6:30AM
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown $tore only? Zo$ giveth and Zo$ taketh away. Why can't these be at the home furnishing vendor? Shameful. Next they will put motif pages in the crown crates, oh wait...
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome to see these! We definitely need more like it.

I'd kill to get my hands on actual matching Walls/Stairs/Doorways in all the other house styles as well. Hell, I wouldn't even care of it was CS exclusive, every house/race style should have these!
    Edited by Vehlir on April 21, 2018 9:15PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a new bookshelf in Summerset called “High Elf Bookshelf, Polished” (pretty sure that’s what it was called).

It’s an empty bookshelf.

Is there a furnished version of it with books already inside, or is there only an empty version? Very nice furnishing but due to the furnishing limit it’d be nice if there was a version that already came full of books. Hlaalu bookshelves are a perfect example of this.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I get excited about new furniture. Then I remember there is a slot cap and a predatory crown store :s
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gives me hope that I'll eventually have decent stairs to get to Hundings roof. Yay!
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I noticed a new bookshelf in Summerset called “High Elf Bookshelf, Polished” (pretty sure that’s what it was called).

It’s an empty bookshelf.

Is there a furnished version of it with books already inside, or is there only an empty version? Very nice furnishing but due to the furnishing limit it’d be nice if there was a version that already came full of books. Hlaalu bookshelves are a perfect example of this.

I and others have made this point many times. To overcome the restrictions, ZOS should introduce more single item, complete pieces of clutter e.g. filled book cases, dinner setting, a shelf with knick knacks, a bowl of fruit... you get the idea.
    This still allows us to be creative but not to have to use dozens of items just to make our houses look lived in
  • eternal.koor_ESO
    eternal.koor_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here are the items on the zone furniture vendor that you can buy with gold. There IS a staircase in it.

https://imgur.com/a/6BN1Plt
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here are the items on the zone furniture vendor that you can buy with gold. There IS a staircase in it.

https://imgur.com/a/6BN1Plt

Perfect, this is going to save me like 20-30 slots.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    we don't know if they will be crown exclusive

Well, we know our expensive furniture packs weren't exclusive. Saw at least the winged bull statue.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of amazing new furnishings. Alas, all excitement I feel is curtailed, when I remember my unfinished favourite house which already hit the furnishing limit a long time ago.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure some of these will stay crown tab only to purchase, like the marble stairs or something; but I was pleased to see the small retaining walls were added to the generic furnishing vendor in Alinor for like 100g and the limestone stairs were added there as well.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    OMG... finally some items to make segregating rooms and creating custom structure take less slots.

Thank you ZeniMax. This is a good start.

However, there is still a ways to go.

Please consider

More 'wall', 'floor' and 'stair' styles so they can fit with other race styles.

More 'fully populated' items. The 'plates with food on them' are a good start, but we also need thing like

'dining tables with full place settings',
    'book cases full of books',
    'shelves full of books and kniknaks',
    'desks with paper and books on them',
    'night stands with personal items on them'

There are already tons of 'empty' items of these times to work with for people who want to place every item on them individually.

But there is virtually nothing for people who want to 'conserver' slots to work with.

700 slots should feel like way to many items.

Even though I have only used 380 slots in my house I fear trying to do anything 'too' custom since over one hundred slots are already eaten up by monster heads and odds and ends kniknaks just to make they house look less 'abandoned'.

Oh... and more 'NPCs'...

Houses need more life in them.

But again, thanks for this update it is a big step in the right direction.