Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Using the lover mundus stone

NewFordOrder
NewFordOrder
✭✭✭
I typically use the warrior mundus on my stam dps. However, I tried out the lover with all legendary divines and saw it gives you more penetration than say a set like spriggans. I've always heard the lover stone was useless, but I'm thinking it might work well if you used it with 2 weapon dmg sets. Discuss.
Edited by NewFordOrder on April 15, 2018 11:15PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it depends on how much penetration you have already if it is good or not, if you solo I guess lover is better most of the times.
    for dmg. In pve.
    Edited by Yakidafi on April 15, 2018 11:18PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are solo, sure. If you are doing group content like trials, I'd check with your group to see what level of penetration they are running so you dont "waste" it on overpenetrating boss resistance.
  • NewFordOrder
    NewFordOrder
    ✭✭✭
    Switching back to warrior mundus on trials would probably be optimal in most cases. I do a lot pugging dungeons, so the groups are far from optimized.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrior is better for trials, Lover is better for dungeons or solo play. This may change with summerset, however, as penetration sets are being changed (sunderflame/night mother's), so it may no longer be possible to reach the pen cap even in trials settings (at least, not without putting significantly more points into champion points for penetration).

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • mastoeb
    mastoeb
    Lover vs warrior completly depends on the amount of penetration your group provides.
    Currently nmg + sunder + alkosh + major and minor fracture + infused torug crusher putts enemies to basicly 0 resistance which makes extra pen from gear or mundus overkill. (Side note for trash lover would outperform warrior since crusher sunder etc wont be on each mob )
    In solo content or in groups with bad uptimes / multiple debuffs missing lover becomes the better choice.

For summerset if theygo trough with the changes to nmg and sunder(which i hope they wont ) lover will most likely be better then warrior

Edited by mastoeb on April 16, 2018 4:15PM
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    for a mag dk dps is lover still the preferred mundus? I mostly play solo or random dungeons so that's where my question is focused. On the other hand what is better for bg's, the lover as well? I just started getting into pvp but don't play it all that much yet.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me the lover mundus has been the absolute best outside of trials. Heck even in Trials it’s probably still good if you’re not in an organized raid.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    ivheard something about trying the atronach out and seeing if there is any boost to my dps
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ivheard something about trying the atronach out and seeing if there is any boost to my dps

I doubt it. Magicka would ordinarily run either Apprentice, Lover or Mage (some might run Shadow as well). Atronach means you lose whichever of these bonuses you would ordinarily have for something that does not directly contribute to DPS in any way, i.e. a net DPS loss.

Now, it can be argued that with the extra recovery you might get better sustain, e.g. fewer heavy attacks more spam-spam per rotation. However a) you'll still need "heavies" in a long fight anyhow, Atronach (even boosted with Mundus) just isn't that much extra recovery per second; b) there are other sources of recovery (from magicka steal abilities to glyphs) which work just as well and you can take a "DPS mundus"; and c) in shorter fights recovery might not matter at all since the thing you are fighting is dead in 1-3 rotations.

My point is that yes, I can envision a singular exception of a build where Atronach works wonders. On average, however, I wouldn't bother much.

On topic. I suspect Lover, as some have pointed out, may become the new meta post-Summerset, however I do recall as well someone making very detailed calculations that made the Apprentice-Lover-Mage-Shadow-Thief relationship rather more ambiguous and build/gear dependent. [See https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/pts-2-1-2-sorcerer-arithmagic/]

Given that Mechanical Acuity now exists, and that one will be able to go 5x5x2 in the new meta with a staff, I almost wonder if Shadow isn't going to be superior for burst damage and shorter fights. Something to be tested in any case.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    true true, I'm going to try switching to one you guys commented, I wish I was playing on pc so we could use add-ones too lol but o-well maybe one day us console players will have it as nice as comp players & get to use same tools they have. anyways back on topic I think the first mundus I'm going to switch to is the one for spell power to see how that helps, then mage, followed by whatever thenother was I can t remember right this sec. I'll post any results or thoughts I have regarding this.
    **MBF**