The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Provision Writs - recipes?

mjonis
mjonis
I seem to always get the provision craft writs that call for recipes I don't have.

I can't seem to find them either (red rye beer or something, roast chicken, etc.)

Is there a spot to farm for the recipes?

I tried looking on the trade guilds, but seems what's for sale is mostly high level stuff that I can't even craft.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the NPC Chefs and Brewers. They will sell the crafting writ recipes :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mjonis ^ @MissBizz has you covered. This used to be a nightmare but ages ago it was changed so the chef (food) and brewer (drink) sell the level recipe you need.

I was a huge recipe collector before as it bugged me.about the writs!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • mjonis
    mjonis
    Thanks all!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone else in another thread pointed out; originally the lower level recipes asked for in writs varied according to your character's faction. If they didn't update that with One Tamriel, you might need to check different areas for them, depending on the faction.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The recipes required for lower level provisioning writs do vary by character faction. However, what I see is that the recipes for sale by npcs are the same at every location but do depend on the faction of the player. (So two players of different factions, same craft level, will see different recipes for sale from a single vendor).
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right, all chefs and brewers will sell recipes based on your character's alliance and their provisioner rank. Note, top tier writs use the same recipes regardless of faction.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a side note: Thanks to the event and the lower prices, my cook now knows every single recipe in game except for aetherial ambrosia (and that she will never know since I refuse to spend 2mil for it).

That put a smile on my face.

FWIW, the last one missing was Berveza Vitae
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    Does the prov
    Leandor wrote: »
    On a side note: Thanks to the event and the lower prices, my cook now knows every single recipe in game except for aetherial ambrosia (and that she will never know since I refuse to spend 2mil for it).

That put a smile on my face.

FWIW, the last one missing was Berveza Vitae

Does the provisioning write now show the X? Mine still shows VIII