The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time of Day and Weather Control

OmniDo
OmniDo
✭✭✭✭✭
So we've been asking for home controls like being able to...
  1. Control the Time of day (or rate of time)
  2. Control the weather
  3. Control Music
And during the Summerset ESO Live demo, we see that they have the ability to do just that, built right into their admin command options:
uz9s1Bb.png

Taken directly from the Live Stream during the ESO Live.
So it shouldnt be much difficulty for them to just add it as a saved option for houses.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure the House instances aren’t set up that way...as independent weather and time. When they change it on the dev server, it shifts it for everywhere on the server.
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyways, this is a much demanded feature. I hope we will get it one day. I´m sure it is not that much difficult to implement it. The house instances are already separate from the world, so...
    Options
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure the House instances aren’t set up that way...as independent weather and time. When they change it on the dev server, it shifts it for everywhere on the server.
    That may be true, but a housing instance is an "instance".
    Its in no way connected to the rest of the open world, so therefore it should have its own independent variables.
    It shouldnt require more than a few dozen lines of code to separate the two, and if it requires more than that, then the dev team should probably be re-evaluated.

Heck, I'll even pseudo-code if for them right now:

On Load PlayerInstance(x) {
    If PlayerInstanceSetTime = WorldTime {
        SetTimeOfDay = WorldTime
        }
    Else {
    SetTimeOfDay = PlayerInstanceSetTime
              }
       }

Gee, that was easy. :tongue:
    Thats some beginner-level coding right there.
    I'd presume that the software developers on Z0$'s side hopefully have many more years of experience than that.
    Edited by OmniDo on April 16, 2018 6:32PM
    Options