The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Enchanter certification bug

Morbeous
Morbeous
✭✭✭
I was tasked with crafting a Trifling Glyph of Health and I did this but it is still asking me to craft one. Still shows 0/1 completed although I have the one I completed in my backpack
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it White or Normal in quality?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jora Oko Ta are the runes you should of used to create it.
  • Morbeous
    Morbeous
    ✭✭✭
    Jora Oko Ta are the runes you should of used to create it.

Just collected the runes and had another go and again I created the glyph but it still says 0/1
  • Morbeous
    Morbeous
    ✭✭✭
    No more Jora left to have another go. Need to go and find some more :(
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morbeous wrote: »
    No more Jora left to have another go. Need to go and find some more :(

you can buy the first runes from the enchanter near the table. the second and third runes you have to get on your own. That should work. i cant think of any other reason it might not unless your not level 6 in enchanting yet. You can try abandoning and resetting the quest.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on April 14, 2018 4:00PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A possible work-around if you have any other characters is to have them craft glyphs for this character to decon; get your Enchanting skill high enough and you can skip the 'go craft X' part of the Certification quests. (This goes for the other Certifications and their respective skills too.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morbeous wrote: »
    I was tasked with crafting a Trifling Glyph of Health and I did this but it is still asking me to craft one. Still shows 0/1 completed although I have the one I completed in my backpack
    First, I recommend that you Quit the TESO game client, run the Launcher, then select the "Repair Files" entry from its Game Options menu. That procedure should ensure that any corruption in your game installation will be rectified (i.e., if any is found).

Double-check: read the Journal > Crafting > Enchanting entry very carefully to be sure that your character makes the required Glyph. I have mis-read them a few times myself or made some other mistake in the process. Now I let the add-on Dogulbon's Lazy Writ Creator do it instead.

For what it may be worth (if I recall correctly), there was a time when the Notice Board might give a quest to craft an item which the character accepting the quest did not have the Potency passive Rank to craft. That has not happened in a rather long time, but maybe the ancient bug has come back to haunt us again.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 15, 2018 12:24AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Morbeous
    Morbeous
    ✭✭✭
    Upon restarting the game it worked. Weird wonder why it didn't work before.