The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please put Hirelings on 20 and 10 hour clocks!

Armisael9
Armisael9
✭✭✭
Would be great to prevent log in time forward creep. Kinda like the horse training. Thanks!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But this would mess up the hirelings' circadian rhythm.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. A lot of hireling collections end up getting missed. It would actually be better if with 3 points in hirelings you got double mats instead of having to log in twice per day. This would be a big quality of life improvement
  • Armisael9
    Armisael9
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    But this would mess up the hirelings' circadian rhythm.

Lol
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZoS cannot improve the log in/log out time of the game, they should at least knock an hour off the timer.

It takes a ridiculous amount of time to log in and log out of a character (even characters that don't get the countdown still sit there before logging out for that long or longer). I expect there to be some additional time with addons or graphics pumped up, but it has gotten worse and worse as time has gone on.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    If ZoS cannot improve the log in/log out time of the game, they should at least knock an hour off the timer.

It takes a ridiculous amount of time to log in and log out of a character (even characters that don't get the countdown still sit there before logging out for that long or longer). I expect there to be some additional time with addons or graphics pumped up, but it has gotten worse and worse as time has gone on.

With all this hassle, it's no wonder why some people only use one character.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Player add-ons, a full quest log, and environment/graphics settings all have bearing on load times too. Is your quest log 20/25 or higher?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Player add-ons, a full quest log, and environment/graphics settings all have bearing on load times too. Is your quest log 20/25 or higher?

jesus. Literally last line of my comment acknowledges something and someone feels need to repeat it.

And no, my quest log is not maxed out on any character, not even half way and on a couple of them literally empty or 1-2 open quests. Most add-ons I have are light weight with stuff like MM turned off on all but one character and that one is not impacted by the load time vs others.

Also, not talking about sitting in a loading screen even (though that as well) but just the box saying something like 'preparing to load' running for an average of 10-12 seconds before it even actually starts to load. Also, logging off - the game just sitting there after it "logs off" for about 5-10 seconds before actually going from the game screen to character screen.

Also, I do have a good computer.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC