The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pre-made versus pre-made matchmaking and game type selection coming with Summerset!

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
Sounds like they've been listening.
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. About to tear up the solo scene.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you want to play Deathmatch, you can play Deathmatch? Finally.
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch every game. See you there!
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold my beer.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »
    Deathmatch every game. See you there!

Thank goodness, now I know what to avoid. Your group is toxic.
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. DM 4 L. Finally
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things are going to happen with this: premade queues will be dead, because premade don't want to actually play against each other - which will lead to people complaining on the forums that they can't get matches so the change needs to be reverted so they can go back to farming pugs. Second, all of the guys that were running premade before will just queue sync outside of groups so they can attempt to continue to steam roll pugs.

This is exactly what happened when Rift separated the queues.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things are going to happen with this: premade queues will be dead, because premade don't want to actually play against each other - which will lead to people complaining on the forums that they can't get matches so the change needs to be reverted so they can go back to farming pugs. Second, all of the guys that were running premade before will just queue sync outside of groups so they can attempt to continue to steam roll pugs.

This is exactly what happened when Rift separated the queues.
    Sync'd queueing is very unlikely to put all 4 players on the same team. Some time ago, when playing with @Thogard and some others in premade groups, I suggested that we all split up and solo queue at the same time, rather than stomping on random groups (or each other, when we had something like 5-6 people in the same discord server). While we still had unfair teams sometimes, especially if there was a dedicated healer queueing, I don't think we ever had any 4 of us end up together. It would be bound to happen eventually, assuming you played enough games, but should be quite rare.

However, it's possible that some of those players could make agreements with each other, and gang up on players outside of their "group," while avoiding fighting each other. Such behavior still wouldn't be as cowardly as getting all super tryhard 4-man vs randoms, though.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Battleground match making now adds an additional multiplier to the value of players who are grouped. This value scales differently between 2, 3, and 4 player groups.
      • This change is intended to improve the quality of matches between players. Pre-formed groups will generally be pitted against pre-formed groups, and solo players will generally be pitted against other solo players.
    To me, this doesn't mean that premades will always be facing premades but that premades will be considered stronger than solo.

So a premade with 4 crap players could play against good solo players.
    Edited by Vostorn on April 21, 2018 1:01PM
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like how a group needs to be good at all types of BG's i would like it if there could still be a random queue that counts towards it's own "all-rounder" leaderboard. The all rounder style will probably die with specific queues because you could be in an all rounder group but come up against a really tanky relic/chaosball team and not stand a chance.