Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question for possible returning player

Kalifas
Kalifas
✭✭✭
Hi everyone :)

I haven't played ESO in a long time. Was kind of feeling the itch but have two questions.
  1. If I have the steam version, can I buy an expansion on the ESO website and it works or do I need to buy it through steam?
  2. If I buy an expansion, do I get bonus crowns?

I am asking question two because I really want to be able to play the new class from Morrowind. I know when you subscribe for 15 dollars US, you get 1500 crowns, but that wouldn't give me access to Morrowind. But I was wondering since I am spending twenty bucks on a digital upgrade which is more than a 15 subscription, wondering If I received crowns.

I know thirty five dollars wouldn't be a big amount of money but I am on a tight budget right now.
An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Believe you need to buy it through steam
    2. No, bonus crowns but pre order comes with a senche mount

I thought when SI launches MW will become DLC content?
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on April 13, 2018 3:38AM
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, guess I am going to have to choose if I want to play now.

So can anyone confirm if MW will become a DLC later. I might be able to hold off awhile and just subscribe then.

Thanks Cpt_Teemo
    Edited by Kalifas on April 13, 2018 3:44AM
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    Ah, guess I am going to have to choose if I want to play now.

So can anyone confirm if MW will become a DLC later. I might be able to hold off awhile and just subscribe then.

Thanks Cpt_Teemo

When summerset launches MW will be included in eso+. However when this happens I think you still need to purchase the warden class (will need to check this)

• Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Please do, I have been trying to find this info out myself but not having any luck. I really want to play Warden, but could wait if no extra purchase needed to play the class later.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't played ESO in a long time. Was kind of feeling the itch but have two questions.
    1. If I have the steam version, can I buy an expansion on the ESO website and it works or do I need to buy it through steam?

I am asking question two because I really want to be able to play the new class from Morrowind. I know when you subscribe for 15 dollars US, you get 1500 crowns, but that wouldn't give me access to Morrowind. But I was wondering since I am spending twenty bucks on a digital upgrade which is more than a 15 subscription, wondering If I received crowns.

I know thirty five dollars wouldn't be a big amount of money but I am on a tight budget right now.

As a steam player. I purchased my expansions through the website and not steam. Cheaper for those of us not using monopoly money. (US currency). Just need to link your steam to your esoonline account.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭

As a steam player. I purchased my expansions through the website and not steam. Cheaper for those of us not using monopoly money. (US currency). Just need to link your steam to your esoonline account.

Do you link that in the launcher, or via steam or via the eso website?
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Website. You need to verify it.

Edit. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36511/

I did it via the website. But this is one qay of doing it via steam.
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on April 13, 2018 4:15AM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for being helpful.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26355

Found it. Looks like I am either going to have to suck it up and buy both or choose if I cannot wait. Seems If I wait I will have to buy the Warden class separate. Thanks again everyone.
    Edited by Kalifas on April 13, 2018 4:22AM
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭

The best you could do is preorder Summerset now.

You will get Morrowind for free now (with the warden class and all), plus a nighmare Senche mount.

Once Summerset releases, Vvardenfell will be a DLC zone (included in ESO+, buyable with crowns) and the warden class will be crown-buyable, separately.

Otherwise... if you don't want any of the expansions, subscribe now and save up crowns for buying the warden class when Summerset releases. I'm not sure you are saving any money this way, though...