Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which Skills Do I Level In Alchemy & Enchanting To Receive Higher Quality Mats?

Vanchatron
Vanchatron
✭✭
I'm looking to be able to collect the highest level materials available to me from harvest nodes. I know that for Woodworking, Blacksmithing & Clothing I have to have the first skill maxed out, which is the one that says "Allows the use of ________" but what about Enchanting and Alchemy?

Do these work in the same way? Is there a specific skill I need to level up in Enchanting and Alchemy in order to receive higher levels materials from harvest nodes? If so, which ones are they?

Many thanks!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alchemy would be solvency proficiency, I believe. It's the one that states what level of potions you can craft - should be the first passive. There are 8 levels.

For Enchanting, it's potency proficiency, again not sure of the name. It's the one that says what level of glyph you can craft and I believe it is the first passive. There are 10 levels.
  • Vanchatron
    Vanchatron
    ✭✭
    That's great, thank you.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those two, you're harvesting at the highest quality all the time, for most of the materials. The essence and aspect runes can drop at any level, and alchemical reagents likewise.

However, solvents will match your crafting/play levels in the same way that ores/timber/hides/fibres are 50% play level, 50% craft level. Especially with grease etc. dropping alongside hides from the same creatures, it was simplest to develop that way.

Potency runes may have a crafting level bias, but you can buy those from the merchants anyway, and usually need to do so.

It may appear that those differ from Equipment crafting, but the extra ingredients are a distraction. Solvents and Potency runes follow the same rules as the ores, timber, and hides/fibres.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good point - forgot to mention that there is a split if your character level doesn't match your crafting level. So, if your character is level 10, but your crafting skill allows you to craft CP150, you'll harvest mats (solvents, potency runes, ores, wood, fiber, hide) in a 50% split - 50% of the time, you'll get level 10 mats and 50% of the time you'll get CP150 mats.