The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do visitor limits in player housing need increasing?

Mureel
Mureel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I think that the visitor number allowed for houses is too small and prevents a lot of fun, player sponsored events!

I bought the CH landmass, and I'd like to have some duelling contests with seating and stuff with a self sponsored 100k prize etc - but 26 people at a time would make most big events rather lacklustre...

Does anyone else think the visitor limits need looking at?
Edited by Mureel on April 12, 2018 9:05AM

Do visitor limits in player housing need increasing? 71 votes

Yes! More visitors allowed, please.
87%
Lantian_DocoHrogunTurelusstatic_rechargeJRCandeiasSirCriticalLivvyfalcasternub18_ESOgangyzgirlAjaxandrielOmniDoTerraDewBerryGTech_1KarraxxLaenendilAndarneDDemonGarishhiydeCreawen 62 votes
No thank you, they are fine as they are.
12%
chess1ukb16_ESOGythralChickensteinNovaMarxTyharTasearMerlianktdotexeghastley 9 votes
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More people? yes pls. More furniture slots? yES PLEASE
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    More people? yes pls. More furniture slots? yES PLEASE

Hiya! Yeah slots anyway!

But like 26 is awfully few for a place like CH landmass house. My witch cottage has limit of 6.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for increasing all the caps on housing.

I think now that more guilds are getting guild halls it's needed to let more people in.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The yes votes reasoning are a given, I think - but if anyone voting no, cares to comment as to their reasoning, I'd really like to read that. I cannot think of a logical reason not to want an increase - if you are at all into housing and if you aren't, I cannot see a logical reason why you'd vote in a poll that hasn't anything to do with you.

I am sure people have some good reasons for this I haven't thought of, so if you do, please share?
  • MrWesleyPipes
    MrWesleyPipes
    ✭✭✭
    yes but not nearly as much as the furnishing slots need to be raised. priorities please since this has been an issue since the release of homestead.
  • Chickenstein
    Chickenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    The yes votes reasoning are a given, I think - but if anyone voting no, cares to comment as to their reasoning, I'd really like to read that.

There is no real reason. I just think of all things that could and should be tweaked, like furniture caps etc., this would just be the last on my list (though I understand the reasons for wanting that). So if I had to choose, this would not be it.
    Orc Harvester: It's about picking flowers and smashing things
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as there is no technical reason for not increasing the limit, I see no reason why not.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The yes votes reasoning are a given, I think - but if anyone voting no, cares to comment as to their reasoning, I'd really like to read that.

There is no real reason. I just think of all things that could and should be tweaked, like furniture caps etc., this would just be the last on my list (though I understand the reasons for wanting that). So if I had to choose, this would not be it.

You poll muddier! xD

Joking aside I do agree with you!

FYI, This poll doesn't exclude anything else, nor is it meant to.

I'm asking if it should be considered- but not in any mutually exclusive way.

Item and storage limits go before this for me too. ❤️
    Edited by Mureel on April 12, 2018 9:43AM
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice for guilds that have 'guild halls' to allow more people to congregate.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 12, 2018 9:36AM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Chickenstein
    Chickenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

You poll muddier! xD
    This poll doesn't exclude anything else.

I'm asking if it should be considered- but not in any mutually exclusive way.

Item and storage limits go before this for me too. ❤️

Heh :smile: well then better not call the option "they are fine as they are" which manipulated me to click right away
    Orc Harvester: It's about picking flowers and smashing things
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes but not nearly as much as the furnishing slots need to be raised. priorities please since this has been an issue since the release of homestead.
    Yes I agree! People have offered many theories as to why item limit increases aren't happening. I'm not sure I believe them, but lots of possible reasons have been posited.

It's a shame some things like rocks/trees/flowers cannot be a 'stamp' type thing so that you only need one, but can place it multiple times in the same house. A second one for a second house etc- but I understand why they don't do that - monetisation reasons mainly.

If they could though, that would sort out a lot of space and loading issues.
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the visitor number allowed for houses is too small and prevents a lot of fun, player sponsored events!

I bought the CH landmass, and I'd like to have some duelling contests with seating and stuff with a self sponsored 100k prize etc - but 26 people at a time would make most big events rather lacklustre...

I would much rather be able to place my alts in the house when I am not playing them.
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    more items 1000% more important than increasing player cap
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would much rather be able to place my alts in the house when I am not playing them.

Yes! YES!

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    more items 1000% more important than increasing player cap

The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.
    Edited to add: also it seems a lot more viable than adding more item slots, if what others have said about it is even true.
    Edited by Mureel on April 12, 2018 11:26AM
  • Andarne
    Andarne
    ✭✭✭
    Everything about Housing needs increased. It's far, far too restrictive.

Heck - if anybody ever played Star Wars Galaxies (RIP) you could place thousands of items in a non-instanced location.

ESO easily has ten years on SWG, I think they need to get their fingers out and throw some love towards Homesteads.
    Andarne [PC-EU]
    Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
    ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    Housing needs to be better 1000 times over, especially for use by a guild
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    Andarne wrote: »
    Everything about Housing needs increased. It's far, far too restrictive.

Heck - if anybody ever played Star Wars Galaxies (RIP) you could place thousands of items in a non-instanced location.

ESO easily has ten years on SWG, I think they need to get their fingers out and throw some love towards Homesteads.

Forget about just houses. In Star Wars Galaxies my guild had their own city on Dantooine
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously there should be as high a cap as ZOS can possibly add. Their excuse of that leading to performance issues is a bit of BS. Performance issues don't seem to stop them from developing anything else in the game. *COUGH* Cyrodiil *COUGH* If adding one more visitor to houses will lead to constant game crashes and server shutdowns, I'll eat my shoe.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted no mainly because I don't want a simple increase across the board. Yes, there are instances that could use a higher count as a trade-off against something else, and I'd prefer a system that lets you make those trades. E.g. You want to make an open arena - trade visitor slots against furnishing.