The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More maintenance ?

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there really ANOTHER round of scheduled outages? I appreciate that the event has been extended, but surely some “mandatory database maintenance” can wait until the next scheduled window? Quite unbelievable really.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photo-by-ICanHazCheezburger.jpg?resize=500%2C332
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this rate, I might actually get caught up on my housework.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are having issues and they are compensating you the (probably only) best way they can. I understand you aren't happy, but sometimes it rains and complaining won't change that either.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Is there really ANOTHER round of scheduled outages? I appreciate that the event has been extended, but surely some “mandatory database maintenance” can wait until the next scheduled window? Quite unbelievable really.

Yep, extremely frustrating. I've said this in another thread, but I'll say it here, too. Why on earth can't they do this during normal business hours (NA) when the vast majority of people are at work? "Based on player feedback" is what I've read, but there's no where to give any feedback. lol
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    3 maintain in a week and the week is not over so maybe we can have more ?
    It is to much !
    If you can't control the game maybe get professional help from some who can make games like Blizard.
    I thinks it could be nice for all so we could have a game with not all this loading screen and less bugs and errors in game.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • ramenwaifu
    ramenwaifu
    ✭✭
    PunkAben wrote: »
    It is to much !
    If you can't control the game maybe get professional help from some who can make games like Blizard.
    I thinks it could be nice for all so we could have a game with not all this loading screen and less bugs and errors in game.

from what i've heard, blizzard also has some issues with its servers in general...
    but anyways, it is what it is, and things happen. yes, it may be frustrating to have to endure all this waiting, and not everyone has the patience for it, but lets try and think how hard the team has been working to satisfy us throughout today and the week.
    NA PSN: Abymen
    g's waifu
    Thottie I Magplar I AD
    Tharjae I Warden I Tank I AD
    Mat'ilda I Stamblade I DC
    console peasant
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ramenwaifu wrote: »
    PunkAben wrote: »
    It is to much !

from what i've heard, blizzard also has some issues with its servers in general...
    but anyways, it is what it is, and things happen. yes, it may be frustrating to have to endure all this waiting, and not everyone has the patience for it, but lets try and think how hard the team has been working to satisfy us throughout today and the week.

They sure did, to the tune of nearly a month of compensation. I have to laugh every time I see this sort of post. Blizz had some really rocky times. Most MMOs do.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Wait.... they're out again??? Is it the NA server?
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Wait.... they're out again??? Is it the NA server?

NA and Euro. They did, though, extend the event to the 23rd, I believe.
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Ah. Thank you for the info! Did you all experience NA downtime yesterday, too? My friend and I did, though we were able to play just fine on the EU server.
  • ramenwaifu
    ramenwaifu
    ✭✭
    NA and Euro. They did, though, extend the event to the 23rd, I believe.
    yep, they did.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/406113/recent-eu-server-issues-anniversary-event-extension/p1
    NA PSN: Abymen
    g's waifu
    Thottie I Magplar I AD
    Tharjae I Warden I Tank I AD
    Mat'ilda I Stamblade I DC
    console peasant
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Ah. Thank you for the info! Did you all experience NA downtime yesterday, too? My friend and I did, though we were able to play just fine on the EU server.

What I'm hoping is that it won't last too long and I'll be able to get an hour in or so. ha ha
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really pathetic. About this close to quitting this pathetic broken game

Terrible job-- ZO$ !!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are having issues and they are compensating you the (probably only) best way they can. I understand you aren't happy, but sometimes it rains and complaining won't change that either.

I get it, but I’m afraid complaining is all I have. Given the sheer number of issues over the past two weeks, and given how much I pay for the service, I feel I’m entitled to vent a little frustration.

I’m very appreciative that the event was extended, but let’s be honest: the event does not equate in any way to the real world cash that I spend to be able to play. This isn’t some overblown sense of entitlement, it’s simply about wanting to realise the service that I pay for (as I would in any other walk of life). If I were in a restaurant and the service was poor, I’d complain; there would be an expectation that I shouldn’t have to pay as much for poor service as I would for good.

Overall, I really do think the guys any ZoS do a great job and they have produced a great game. That’s said, we have experienced server issues for way too long and it really is about time paying customers were treated to an explanation and a lasting fix.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So another loss of four to six hours but given a week in compensation...

Yeah this is a huge injustice.
    Edited by Turelus on April 12, 2018 6:13AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as I see it, due to the fact the servers are 24/7 available, it is absolut okay to use a few hours for maintance,
    like that more then downtime due to any issues.
    but yeah there will always be ppl who have just then their timewindow to play, and will complain, that is just natural.
  • SugaryCereal
    SugaryCereal
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately the NA servers seem to be down a full 45 minutes before their scheduled maintenance time :(
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Given a week? I assume you mean “had an in-game event extended by a week”? You - we - have been given nothing.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately the NA servers seem to be down a full 45 minutes before their scheduled maintenance time :(

Same for the eu by the look of it. Which kind of makes my point. Multiple unscheduled server downtime, and not even at times that were notified.

Edit: Steam seems down, main PC/Mac up.
    Edited by agegarton on April 12, 2018 6:36AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given a week? I assume you mean “had an in-game event extended by a week”? You - we - have been given nothing.
    Ah, the arguing of how one phrases or chooses to use a word. That part where the original argument is lost and new ones must be found. :trollface:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maintenance4Life
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS Lawyer or Community Ambassador ?

I do not go much into the forum but every time I read you, it is always defending ZoS in some way.

Nestor always helping and giving information like MissBizz an the cat girl, cant remember his name.

Do not get me wrong, I usually agree on what you say (Like this, few hours is nothing) but the only thing you do is defend ZoS, as if they needed it.

Just curious.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah, the arguing of how one phrases or chooses to use a word. That part where the original argument is lost and new ones must be found. :trollface:

It’s more: that part where you think you have been compensated but actually you were wrong, you haven’t been. You’ve just been incentivised to log back in.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s more: that part where you think you have been compensated but actually you were wrong, you haven’t been. You’ve just been incentivised to log back in.
    I was going to log in any way and I (like many others) was especially frustrated with the downtimes because they interrupted an event.

ZOS did something they didn't have to do in a way of making up for issues, this isn't something common for them either so sure I am going to be happy with them seeing we were upset about losing time during the event and giving us more.
    They could have just ignored us, they didn't, I get some extra XP farming time and event boxes, that's cool with me.

Chicharron wrote: »

I do not go much into the forum but every time I read you, it is always defending ZoS in some way.

Nestor always helping and giving information like MissBizz an the cat girl, cant remember his name.

Do not get me wrong, I usually agree on what you say (Like this, few hours is nothing) but the only thing you do is defend ZoS, as if they needed it.

Just curious.
    @Chicharron I'll bite today.

I in no way have the level of intelligence required to be a lawyer, I would have thought my forums posting gave that much away at least (I lose a lot of debates). :tongue:

I do defend ZOS a lot, mostly because the level of abuse they get I often feel is unwarranted. I understand peoples frustrations with the game, I agree the game has issues and a lot of my posts reflect that.
    However I also don't generally think it's fair to disrespect developers (they're people too), I hate people who have nothing to do on a forums but be toxic, I dislike the spreading of misinformation and I love to debate people who do such things.

I've also done this long before I was ever a CA, I was also like these people for a time and complained, threatened to unsub, even took a six month break at one point. When I came back I took a new approach to ESO, I took the game for what it was, stopped worrying about what it wasn't and started to have fun again.

The thing is once you get a CA on your name people suddenly forget everything else about you. Suddenly you're no longer allowed an opinion, especially if you happen to have one contrary to their own. And clearly if you think ZOS did something good then you're on their books.

I have close to 15,000 posts on the forums. If people only ever read the drama and rage threads (and let's be honest they're the most fun) then yes you're going to see me defending ZOS a lot.
    If you read the ones about how botting, exploiting, lack of communication, push towards weaving etc. you'll see me speak of the things I dislike about ZOS or ESO.
    If you read threads where people ask for help I normally do my best to help in them or tag someone who is wiser than me on the topic.

People can take me and my posting the way they want. If it helps people sleep at night thinking I am a ZOS lawyer then good for them, I'll just be here trash posting and enjoying life. :wink:

TL;DR I post too much and yes sometimes I argue with people I disagree with.

Edit: I am also super annoyed at myself I didn't just post that "OBJECTION!" meme instead of trying to be constructive. I would have farmed way more Awesome points.
    Edited by Turelus on April 12, 2018 8:18AM
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to log in any way and I (like many others) was especially frustrated with the downtimes because they interrupted an event.

ZOS did something they didn't have to do in a way of making up for issues, this isn't something common for them either so sure I am going to be happy with them seeing we were upset about losing time during the event and giving us more.
    They could have just ignored us, they didn't, I get some extra XP farming time and event boxes, that's cool with me.

Chicharron wrote: »

Just curious.
    @Chicharron I'll bite today.

I in no way have the level of intelligence required to be a lawyer, I would have thought my forums posting gave that much away at least (I lose a lot of debates). :tongue:

I do defend ZOS a lot, mostly because the level of abuse they get I often feel is unwarranted. I understand peoples frustrations with the game, I agree the game has issues and a lot of my posts reflect that.
    However I also don't generally think it's fair to disrespect developers (they're people too), I hate people who have nothing to do on a forums but be toxic, I dislike the spreading of misinformation and I love to debate people who do such things.

I've also done this long before I was ever a CA, I was also like these people for a time and complained, threatened to unsub, even took a six month break at one point. When I came back I took a new approach to ESO, I took the game for what it was, stopped worrying about what it wasn't and started to have fun again.

The thing is once you get a CA on your name people suddenly forget everything else about you. Suddenly you're no longer allowed an opinion, especially if you happen to have one contrary to their own. And clearly if you think ZOS did something good then you're on their books.

I have close to 15,000 posts on the forums. If people only ever read the drama and rage threads (and let's be honest they're the most fun) then yes you're going to see me defending ZOS a lot.
    If you read the ones about how botting, exploiting, lack of communication, push towards weaving etc. you'll see me speak of the things I dislike about ZOS or ESO.
    If you read threads where people ask for help I normally do my best to help in them or tag someone who is wiser than me on the topic.

People can take me and my posting the way they want. If it helps people sleep at night thinking I am a ZOS lawyer then good for them, I'll just be here trash posting and enjoying life. :wink:

TL;DR I post too much and yes sometimes I argue with people I disagree with.

Edit: I am also super annoyed at myself I didn't just post that "OBJECTION!" meme instead of trying to be constructive. I would have farmed way more Awesome points.

I see.

It is very cuirious to see how people take the game so seriously.