Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lightning staff glyph question non-pvp!

bri5
bri5
✭✭✭
Glyph of absorb health or shock glyph for a magsorc? I'm confused about which one is better. I thought you wanted magic damage if you are a magsorc, but I've seen posts about you should be using shock on your staffs
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use absorb health if max DPS is your goal. You have more effective ways to heal (surge, healers, maybe twilight, etc).

Also, don't run the same enchant on both bars. They'll share a cooldown and lower your damage.

If you're running Ilambris it's a good idea to use the opposite damage element (flame enchant on lightning staff) just to create more opportunities for the fire proc. It's kinda a good idea even if you're not, to apply the burning status effect. Put that on the front bar where you heavy attack and/or force pulse weave.

On the back bar, you can put a spell damage enchant or a shock enchant. Shock will give you more single target burst and the damage buff enchantment will give you better AOE damage.
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!