Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

"All About Mechanics" - Dungeon/Trial/Arena Guide Series!

xynode
xynode
✭✭✭✭
There are so many dungeons in this game and so much information to absorb, and not everyone gets the chance to understand how things work before getting defeated OR getting kicked from dungeon finder. Of course there are many dungeon guides out there and I'm sure there will be more from others in the future but this is kinda my own swing on things, breaking information down in my own way.

This new series on my Youtube channel called "All About Mechanics" is aimed at helping everyone, old or new with mechanics of dungeons and the boss encounters, explaining everything you need to know in order to survive, perform and achieve the completion for each!

All of the dungeons are completed on veteran difficulty with a hard mode completion at the end showing the full mechanics along with useful tips to further enhance your completion once you get used to the fights. The group setup used is also deliberately balanced with a composition of 1x tank (warden), 1x healer(dk) 1x stamina dps (dk) 1x magicka dps (sorc). Of course i can hear people screaming "you don't need a healer just go 3x deeps and a tank"...this is about teaching mechanics, not about showing off with over the top damage burning/skipping mechanics since you have done it a million times before, #RememberWhereYouStarted everyone has their own level of experience and this is about helping people, not a competition of who has the longest /cough. You will see that with this basic setup, all mechanics are VERY manageable and controlled.

The beginning of the series is of course starting with Banished Cells I, and i shall be going through all of the first tier dungeons, then tier two and so on. Once they are completed i shall be going through version II of each dungeon in the same order as before until finally hitting the DLC dungeons. So this is not just a helpful series of guides but it also is set in order of Difficulty, structure towards demonstrating easiest to hardest content for the most part. This way players can really get their teeth into their dungeon diving experiences from start to finish.

I will be posting as many dungeons per week as possible along with the usual live streams and build videos/updates so keep your eyes peeled for more updates.

I shall post the updates in here per video as well as of course add each new one to the "All About Mechanics" playlist on my channel.

I hope this content helps you all and that you enjoy the content.

Xynode

The first dungeon guide is Banished Cells I, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXOXfxhjTso
Edited by xynode on September 23, 2019 5:00PM
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great, especially for new players and those veterans who can have spots where they struggle.
    I've looked for videos of this nature....one's where dungeon mechanics are explained. Sadly, not alot out there. PLENTY showing off, but almost zero explaining how it was actually done.
    This series is a great service to the community.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    This is great, especially for new players and those veterans who can have spots where they struggle.
    I've looked for videos of this nature....one's where dungeon mechanics are explained. Sadly, not alot out there. PLENTY showing off, but almost zero explaining how it was actually done.
    This series is a great service to the community.

Thank you! Plenty more to come in the near future, gotta get them ALL done:)
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    xynode you're a legend. Looking forward to Fungal Grotto II and the DLC dungeons.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    xynode you're a legend. Looking forward to Fungal Grotto II and the DLC dungeons.

Thank you!

All the version I will be first, THEN version II's and the harder ones THEN the DLCs.
    Lots of work to do and also i have started providing written guides along side them on my website too :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Next Episode of "All About Mechanics" Along with a written guide on the website - SpindleClutch I Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDj17Bwwp3s
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome. Subscribing!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome. Subscribing!

Thank you!!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice :) especially the focus on details and clarity. I now know that then last boss in BC1 drop the fire circles on ground you shield up or block as one shot is incoming, knew about raising sword but that can be a bit hard to see.
    Edited by zaria on April 18, 2018 12:36PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely have to recommend this series, this dudes attention to detail, no fuss and making the content accessible to newer less experienced players is a refreshing change. Keep up the good work Xynode
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Eso101rus and @Zaria hugely appreciated, plenty more to come!

Also, the next episode is complete!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDp9D0hOQlI
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just nice, note that it might be better to start with the harder one for more views , vBC1 is kind of infamous for the one shot who don't belong in an 1 dungeon who is supposed to be just an step up from normal dlc.
    Still the attention to detail is awesome, I say its an magnitude deeper than other guides, easy non death run for weak groups.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    going in a specific order with many more to come here are the next dungeon guides in the series :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMpX5B8IOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zH11XetbiQ&t=601s

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool. How long does it take to make each video?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very, very commendable!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Cool. How long does it take to make each video?

Depends on the run. Firstly we need to make sure it is a clean run per boss to be sure to SHOW the mechanics, which is why you see me not always using my ultimate, this is a demonstration not a burn. So that can take an hour or so to record depending on if i need to do more takes or not (dlc's will take longer).
    Then about an hour to edit making sure everything is in place and i get the voice over in separately without ballsing my words up (which i do a lot lol). Then about an hour and a half to render, an hour to upload and about 2-3 hours to fully process.
    THEN i have to make the written guides which can take about 2hours ish.
    So for each guide about 10-12 hours from start to finish.

That alone is a busy day, not to mention 3 hours a day+ live streaming, and multiple hours testing new content and updating builds for possible alterations, upgrades etc, helping patreon supporters all day long (including hour long one to one sessions) and updating my website with new content, news, updates AND all my social media stuff and SEO.

My working day is about 19 hours and there are still not enough hours haha!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Very, very commendable!

Thank you!! More to come in the series!
  • MrsPink
    MrsPink
    ✭✭✭
    Stopping by to subscribe.

Finally someone who actually explains and shows mechanics, not just "this is how you burn it down quickly" I'll share all of these videos on my guilds discord server. Perfect for the new players that want to do dungeons, but just get the "go youtube it" if they ask for help.
    GM of Dark Royalty
    PS4 EU
    Karma's just sharpening her nails and finishing her drink. She says she'll be with you shortly.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrsPink wrote: »
    Stopping by to subscribe.

Finally someone who actually explains and shows mechanics, not just "this is how you burn it down quickly" I'll share all of these videos on my guilds discord server. Perfect for the new players that want to do dungeons, but just get the "go youtube it" if they ask for help.

Thank you so much, fully appreciated! I see countless players not knowing what to do in this game and honestly there is not enough help out there. The tiny 1% of arrogant players who get one achievement and forget "where they started" just shout "burn it" and that is of NO help...how did YOU first complete things? following mechanics (or being carried). This series is designed to help EVERYONE no matter where they are in the game fully understand the mechanics of the PVE content so that they may get things done more efficiently in any group no matter what their level and experience, just by understanding what to do or what's coming. And of course the more understanding people have the more chance they have of achievement hunting when they get better at them AND pugs will hopefully be a lot more manageable with the knowledge being more readily available.

This game and it's community are amazing! The more toxic stuff gets stamped out and the more HELP comes in, the better for everyone in my opinion.

Thank you very much for your kind comments and I am glad this series is helping people...On that note, here is another guide :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mNGHckmZEc&t=15s
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much.

There is only one series by one guy who explained how to beat veteran dungeons and I like it a lot except video quality is a bit poor but he explained very well.

I like you both and keep going, watching your videos, too as you can always learn something new.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much indeed, much appreciated! yup everyone has their own swing on things:) :)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very glad you’re doing this! I had an idea recently to make a giant forum post describing every dungeon boss fight+their mechanics (will get around to it eventually). Your vids are even better though! :)
  • black_celebration
    black_celebration
    ✭✭✭
    It's a very good idea, @xynode, and we can see a very good realisation. Thank you!
    let's have a black celebration
    tonight
    to celebrate the fact
    that we've seen the back
    of another black
    day
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Very glad you’re doing this! I had an idea recently to make a giant forum post describing every dungeon boss fight+their mechanics (will get around to it eventually). Your vids are even better though! :)

thank you glad you like the content and find it helpful:)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a very good idea, @xynode, and we can see a very good realisation. Thank you!

you are most welcome and ty for watching:)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episode VIII is now completed (just updating the website with the written guide to this and COA1)

After this dungeon i am moving on to the neutral dungeons before hitting version II's and dlcs :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biP9yE7zOfE&t=4s
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing these, love your vids! They've helped me tidy up a lot :) keep them coming!!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    Thanks for doing these, love your vids! They've helped me tidy up a lot :) keep them coming!!

You are most welcome!

Arx corinium next!
    Hitting the neutral dungeons now
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for doing this, an excellent excellent series. Sub for content, liked for the awesome stuff.

#RememberYourRoots
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Thank you for doing this, an excellent excellent series. Sub for content, liked for the awesome stuff.

#RememberYourRoots

Thank you hugely appreciated!!