Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

QUEST - Wisdom of the Ages - Overheat the Sap Vats - Target Out Of Range

Splashem
Splashem
Soul Shriven
When I try to do the quest, I pick up the wood but when I try to overheat the sap vats I get the message "Target Out of Range" I have tried getting close to the vats, I have tried different spots around the vats, I have tried relogging, I have tried an alt character, I have tried abandoning the quest and reacquiring it. My group member who was with me was able to complete the quest with no problem. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I'm guessing it's a setting in my computer since it occurs to more than one character I have. Thanks for any help you may offer.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I did this one recently and at first had the same issue. Hopefully by now you were able to make it work but if not, you have to go in front of it and point at the red coals underneath and not at the vat itself.
  • Splashem
    Splashem
    Soul Shriven
    I did this one recently and at first had the same issue. Hopefully by now you were able to make it work but if not, you have to go in front of it and point at the red coals underneath and not at the vat itself.

Thanks for replying, Tetujin, however, I AM getting the E (USE) option when I put my mouse on it, It's when I type in the E that I get the Target Out Of Range message.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Splashem wrote: »
    Thanks for replying, Tetujin, however, I AM getting the E (USE) option when I put my mouse on it, It's when I type in the E that I get the Target Out Of Range message.
    This message is caused by the extension of the vats, and the "target" is too far away.

Stand to the right side of each vat, close to the vat, then interact. You should be able to clear them all.

Hope this helps. :)