The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What did you guys think about Argonians Passives

Liccao
Liccao
✭✭
Hi my follow ESO players
in som time I have woundered over Argonian Passives why they are been made like they are. And when I tell my friends about it they acturly often agree with me. If we take a look them

They have if I remember corrctly
50% swim speed
5% more healing done and resived
3% Max Magicka
9% Max Health
4950 tri stat
10% Poison resist

at lvl 50.

But now we came to the point why does they not have a 3% stam too or perhaps more. Perhaps take a little away of there max HP.
I mean Argonian can be born into a role as Shadowscale or Assassins but they dont benefit they role vary well if you would like to RP one
I know that they live in the Swamps of Black March and the hist and all that so for me it is a good reason for them to be Healers. But Tanks? Why
Ebenheart already have a Tank it the Nord but why an Argonian too. I know they are vary good at it my own Tank are Argonian too

Why does they dont have a little bonus for stamina like they would if they acturly could be an Assassin.

Also if you look back to skyrim one of my friend told me that Argonians was a passive thief race in that game.
I was just wundering over it perhaps I am wrong.

What do you guys think about it? I would be happy to read
Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
Race: Argonian
Class: Warden
Name: Saliandros

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian has always been the odd one in ESO trying to find racial passives which are lore friendly and actually good.

Lore wise I'm not an expert but balance wise for ESO they're in a good place now, they're a desired race in some role and have interesting bonus for most other roles.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    I think the magicka is quite negligible, their health and disease resistance fit their harsh homeland I think. Healing received and resources gained through potions fit their (in my view) shamanistic culture.

Also they should be coldblooded, so stamina might only be good when they've had their morning-sun xD
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering why Argonians don't have a Stam passive is the same as wondering why Khajiit don't have a Magic passive. ZOS made the Races lean more toward one side of the spectrum or the other, with Health just being it's own thing. You don't see any Races having bonuses in both Stamina and Magic.

I myself don't see Argonians as "The Tank Race", just because they get a max Health passive? They fit best as Healers, and that boost to Health does help even Healers too.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame Skyrim for this one. Argonians used to be built for guerilla warfare with focus on alchemy, sneak, athletics, and other minor magicka schools like illusion and mysticism.
    With Skyrim's Histskin power they were turned into some kind of resource recovery tank, and for some reason that defines them in ESO as well. Their magicka schools were changed to alteration and restoration as well, which explains their knack for healing.

Personally I want my old spear-wielding skirmisher Argonians back.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You don't see any Races having bonuses in both Stamina and Magic.

*cough*Dunmer*cough*
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

*cough*Dunmer*cough*

Being superior is in our genetics. How else could we be so good at everything? :wink:
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wondering why Argonians don't have a Stam passive is the same as wondering why Khajiit don't have a Magic passive. ZOS made the Races lean more toward one side of the spectrum or the other, with Health just being it's own thing. You don't see any Races having bonuses in both Stamina and Magic.

I myself don't see Argonians as "The Tank Race", just because they get a max Health passive? They fit best as Healers, and that boost to Health does help even Healers too.

I think the point is that historically they've leaned more toward the 'Stamina' realm of things. They're supposed to be athletic, acrobatic, and sneaky as a general rule with skills leaning toward Spears. The lore reflects this but of course there are no Spears in the game at present sadly. :(
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

*cough*Dunmer*cough*

Being superior is in our genetics. How else could we be so good at everything? :wink:

Mildly superior to a nord mage and a breton brawler. Others are better.
    Dunmer are deluded racists
  • uGGo7
    uGGo7
    From lore-perspective, the argonian passives seem to reflect the the fact that they grow up in a very harsh marshland.

Swim speed is obviously because their physique is perfect for it (see, Infernal City by Greg Keyes).

5% more healing done and received reflects their basic survival skills that argonians, especially those living deeper in Black Marsh, learn from a young age. And even posess genetically trough The Hist

3% Max Magicka, 9% Max Health: Now this one is interesting. Max health is probably because they have thick skin and scales that could add bit more protection. As far as I know we don't know exactly how thick your basic argonians scales/hide is, but I'd assume it's thicker than your average men/mer. Max magica could be reference to their connection to hist, which while bit of a mystery, could provide argonians with natural born abilities in magic

4950 tri stat, 10% Poison resist: Again, I would put this down to centuries of evolving and adapting to extremely harsh enviroment.

Liccao wrote: »
    I mean Argonian can be born into a role as Shadowscale or Assassins but they dont benefit they role vary well if you would like to RP one
    I know that they live in the Swamps of Black March and the hist and all that so for me it is a good reason for them to be Healers. But Tanks? Why

I think ZoS had mostly tribal argonians in mind when creating this class. Warrior type argonians would be great benefit to a village living in the marshes and having to defend themselves from dunmer slavers (altough this might be more of a job for scouts) but also from wild animals like Wamasus who might come looking for food in the village. Wamasu is good example because of their thick skin and large size, they would be harder to take down with just arrows than with axes, spears and swords.

EDIT: Also the racial traits of argonians would be governed by the hist, so it might be that this point of history, during time of war among people of Tamriel and between all of Tamriel and Coldharbour, the argonians need strenght to survive and thrive
    Edited by uGGo7 on April 17, 2018 11:02AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never thinking about Argonians as assassins, they are simply too cute for that, and thus I'm not affraid of the Shadowscales, they just more adorable than deadly.
    I like their passives and style, definitely the best race and appearance in game.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."