Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fun New Builds?

chuckaloco
Still relatively new to ESO but been an Elder Scrolls fan since Oblivion. I have a bad habit of maybe playing for 10-20 hours on a character but then restarting a new one. The only time I have really put the work in is when I made a Breton mage then played through until level 50 on skyrim and got the platinum trophy. Unfortunately this bad habit has carried on to ESO and I play up until around level 30 then start over, I always seem to gravitate towards an Argonian as they’ve been my favourite race since Oblivion (purely because once in a blue moon it came in handy to breathe under water, and now I can swim twice as fast) and a Healer role. Currently have a level 34 Argonian Templar and a level 27 Argonian Nightblade (which isnt as good as the Templar in PVP but the Undaunted Blood Fountain is super handy in dungeons). Just started as an Argonian Warden but I feel like at around level 30 I’m going to want to try something new and end up back on the Argonian. Is it just me or is the Argonian the outright best Healing race, and also what other fun, addictive classes do you recommend trying out? I was thinking Nord Warden Tank with Greatsword and put time into the provisioning skill line or a Dark Elf Sorcerer with a Destruction Staff and Restoration staff. Thanks!
  • antimawkish
    antimawkish
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with sticking to alts if that's what you enjoy. You might consider respeccing (i.e., resetting skills and attributes at the shrines in your capital city) when you get bored of a character and starting over at 30ish with a new build. That way, you keep progressing toward CP ranks while also satisfying the craving for a change of pace. As a bonus, you also start to unlock some class-defining abilities that come at higher ranks, which further opens up new build options.
  • chuckaloco
    Nothing wrong with sticking to alts if that's what you enjoy. You might consider respeccing (i.e., resetting skills and attributes at the shrines in your capital city) when you get bored of a character and starting over at 30ish with a new build. That way, you keep progressing toward CP ranks while also satisfying the craving for a change of pace. As a bonus, you also start to unlock some class-defining abilities that come at higher ranks, which further opens up new build options.

Does respeccing not require a micro transaction every time? I do agree with wanting to get those high level race abilities but its more the fact of wanting to try out new races as well as classes, but as I always seem to use magicka based over stamina I think Argonian suits me perfectly and thats why I always play as one.
  • SixSixTrample
    chuckaloco wrote: »

Does respeccing not require a micro transaction every time? I do agree with wanting to get those high level race abilities but its more the fact of wanting to try out new races as well as classes, but as I always seem to use magicka based over stamina I think Argonian suits me perfectly and thats why I always play as one.

Respec just costs gold at the temple. Its some amount of gold per point.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to change the race, that would cost real money, but relocating attributes and skills can be done ingame for a small amount of gold.
    I really recommend you to stay a bit longer with a class, since the real game starts with cp160. Until then its rather learning your class and base game mechanics, but with cp160 you finally hit the gear cap and a lot of options like veteran dungeons and trials with lot of new sets are open.
    Overall your ideas arent bad, dunmer mage is nice, but altmer would be slightly better. Levelling destro and healstaves i very important, especially for pvp.
    For healers argonian surely pretty much the best class. For healers also destro and resto staves are very important, for pvp you also might level sword and shield.
    For your tanky nord, i recommend levelling sword and shield too, since its the tank weapon to go. 2h would be important for pvp. Maybe learning destro staves might be beneficial, once you hit cp160 and when you intend to tank stuff.
  • chuckaloco
    Thanks! All 3 of my argonians have a a destro staff as main bar, frost staff is OP has hell for keeping those enemies in place then a resto staff with buff abilities on the other bar so glad to know I’ve pretty much sniffed out the best way to play a healer