Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Current values for motifs - don’t want to low ball

VonNelson
VonNelson
✭✭✭
Too much...

So my bf (who hasn’t been playing eso much recently) is on with me yesterday doing dalies and as always happens gets some amazing plans and motifs in his rewards. Rng loves him. I want to buy them off him but don’t want to take the ***. So my question is, percentage wise, how much less are furniture plans and crafting motifs worth right now?

And how do I persuade him to come back to do it all again tnite haha
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use MM and check price in last 10 days...?
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    MM?
  • Pr0fischimmler
    Master Merchant - an addon for PC. If you are not on PC or don't want to run an executable for an addon like MM, check out Tamriel trade centre.
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    I am a console pleb - I will check this out thanks
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best way on console is to ask in your crafting/trading guilds for price check, or to tap WTS then link item in trading hubs, vivec etc and see what offers you get.

Honestly Worm cult is all over the place on Xbox. I sold one for 130k while others have sold for 40k.

Older motifs are common so it depends on the motif.
    Edited by Beardimus on April 9, 2018 7:32AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice @Beardimus I will check in with my guilds. There’s been some serious heated debates about prices in stores vs people exploiting people who don’t craft’s ignorance in zones and getting stuff for cheap. He’s got buoyant swords, I really want it but not for 100+ k
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    I am a console pleb - I will check this out thanks
    Note that consoles has higher prices than PC, probably because addons and probably bots and perhaps more casuals.
    tamriel trade center can still be used to check if something is expensive or cheap.

You can also just look in guild stores for prices of the set. Note that the big pieces tend to be more expensive than belts.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice @Beardimus I will check in with my guilds. There’s been some serious heated debates about prices in stores vs people exploiting people who don’t craft’s ignorance in zones and getting stuff for cheap. He’s got buoyant swords, I really want it but not for 100+ k

BA swords and chests are the two highest priced motifs I've been seeing right now on XB-NA. I ended up paying 95k for BA swords and only need chests to complete the motif, but I can't stomach paying 150k+ right now.

Just from trader hopping the last 4 days looking for Worm Cult and BA stuff, here's an anecdotal average of some of the more popular motifs. Keep in mind the smaller/less desirable pieces tend to represent the low end of the prices)

Buoyant Armiger = 70-150k
    Worm Cult = 40-120k
    Militant Ordinator = 35-95k
    Akivirii/Bloodforge/Dreadhorn/Silken Ring/Mazzatun = 20-40k
    Minotaur/Order of the Hour/Yokudan/Trinimac/Ancient Orc/Morag Tong = 10-30k
    Vvardenfell house motifs/Ebonshadow/Apostle/Dro m'athra = 10-20k
    Abah's Watch/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves' Guild/Draugr = 7-15k
    Alliance motifs/Dwemer = 5-10k
    Ra Gada/Outlaw/Celestial = 2-6k

I may have missed some there, but that's a pretty general assessment of what I've seen across traders on Xbox over the past few days. Zone chat sales tend to save you a little money if you buy direct, however.

Edit to add a few I forgot.
    Edited by Feric51 on April 9, 2018 1:24PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The middle of any event is the worst time to look for prices, as the supply is in turmoil. Wait until it finishes, and the supply will settle down again.

Just make sure you know what you want, and why you want it, so you're ready to trade effectively.
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    Seems like most people have no concept whatsoever of value. Or they are hoping to get that one sucker who will pay 300k for the food recipe from last event
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on x-box EU

At the moment the prices are all over the place, I've been picking up Work Cult pages for as little as 10k, But then go to another trader and the same page is 100k. As for the other motif pages it best just travelling around traders and pick up some real bargains. Yesterday a mate picked up BA Gloves for 11k.

As for furniture designs etc I haven't seen much of a change 10-15k for blue and up to 50k for purple, some rarer purple's you can double or triple it.
    Edited by SergeantJinx on April 9, 2018 3:39PM
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @Feric51 thank you that has been really helpful. Really don’t know how to handle this now. As I was saying it’s my other half who has the motif. The honest thing would be to tell him how much it’s worth and encourage him to sell it in guild store.

• VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @SergeantJinx I’ve been holding off looking in guild traders but think I’ll have a wee looksee later
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completed all motifs several months prior to this event (yes, I knew it was coming, but I got impatient and wanted to complete and move on to MW furnishing plans). So, all my motifs I've sent to my hubbie first, though I can freely sell any BA motifs since he pulled that from one of his free crates.

I suppose you can get a sense of guild trader prices, note that the guild takes a cut, and then give him an estimate of what he could get from selling it and see if he'll offer you a GF discount. :D;)
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    As luck would have it I pulled the exact motif from a crate. I only have 3. Can you imagine the probability of that!!
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is our sales data for Buoyant Armiger Chests:

getSalesImage.php?id=253678&width=800&height=500&view=all&temp.png

You can see the dip on the right hand side due to the anniversary event. Average price has gone from around 200k to 140k. Most of the BA motifs seems to follow this ~30% price drop as well as other rare and high priced motifs. More common and cheaper motifs seem to have less of a price drop. I would guess motifs that have a higher normal volume would be less affected by the temporary volume increase from the anniversary event
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much...

So my bf (who hasn’t been playing eso much recently) is on with me yesterday doing dalies and as always happens gets some amazing plans and motifs in his rewards. Rng loves him. I want to buy them off him but don’t want to take the ***. So my question is, percentage wise, how much less are furniture plans and crafting motifs worth right now?

And how do I persuade him to come back to do it all again tnite haha

buy the worm cult stuff now while it is relatively cheap ---- the prices will skyrocket when the event is over.

the bouyant armiger pages are also way cheaper now, especially in zone chat --- ive been getting them for 50 per page.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they are hoping to get that one sucker who will pay 300k for the food recipe from last event

Dubious Cameron? I buy stacks. The price will legitimately go to 500k on my server. It’s supply and demand.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Use MM and check price in last 10 days...?

Motif price is dropping daily, so better check for last 3 days.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, this is your BF? Don't you have some influence over him? I am sure you can convince him to pay sell for just about any price.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that some motif pages are starting rise in the past 2-3 days (Im exluding Worm Cult cause that a totally different thing). My theory is that many stoped to do so much dailies as they have done in the prev week. Also many got so much motifs they are now finishing by buying them instead of farming them. Offcourse there are some which are still going down (mostly the more expensive ones).
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor yes. Might offer sweetrolls irl - good idea!!