The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

movement

lyricalrae
lyricalrae
Soul Shriven
I am really struggling with the movement via keyboard on my pc. I am used to playing World of Warcraft with mouse movement. Does anyone have tips on how to make this transition?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem, the button pushing in this game gets exhausting. I dont like not being to "drive" my character with one hand when im not doing legwork that requires finesse( combat)

I bought a red dragon gaming mouse to help with the problem. 12 buttons on the side and two left buttons. So i set the 2 button up for W and the 5 button for S, A is 1 and 4, and 3 and 6 are D. Mouse 3 is sprint. So now i can use one hand to drive my character. My second left button is weapon swap.

It helped significantly, though i thought about switching the mouse buttons to abilities because it is harder to dodge roll using my thumb on the mouse. But its good having 2 ways to move. Red dragon has a really easy profiles on their interface.So i might make a second setup with abilities on my mouse when i have more time to learn it and see how i like that.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem, the button pushing in this game gets exhausting. I dont like not being to "drive" my character with one hand when im not doing legwork that requires finesse( combat)

Agree. I refuse to use WSAD. A programmable mouse enables you to easily use mouse movement.
    Options. Controls.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • lyricalrae
    lyricalrae
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! I hate to purchase a new mouse for a game I'm not even sure about just yet. Hmm, I may have to figure something else out.

Anotherone, can you link the mouse you use? Where did you purchase it?
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As mentioned above, there are gaming mouses that typically have several extra buttons. I bound the Auto-Run key onto my mouse as well as the Bar Swap key as that feels much more comfortable to me.

Mine came with my computer itself so I can’t link it, but here’s an example of one on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FZ3BR5S/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524496566&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=gaming+mouse&dpPl=1&dpID=41d8kORN0jL&ref=plSrch

If you do want to seperately keybind all of your main movement keys onto your mouse then I believe you’ll need to get one with more buttons than the one I’ve listed above.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on April 23, 2018 3:19PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!