Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Coming back after 2 years, class picking

Kasyee
Kasyee
✭✭
Hello all :)
Im coming back after 2 years and I want to start over from lvl 1 with friends.

The character I played before leaving was magicka DK that had 2 build depending on items I equipped : fire mage and healer.

I'd still like to be able to play something viable that is able to take main group healing role and dmg role depending on the gear.

I really liked DK for fire and theme and my my favourite roles (healer and dmg), but I found it's combat in dmg mode a little stale and boring. Is it still that way? Can you recommend me anything else you think Id like?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to play both dd and healer, probably most suited classes will be magicka templar and magicka sorcerer. With summerset pretty much every class gets some heal abilities tough, so you are pretty free to choose. For healing its templar>warden>nightblade=sorc>dk atm. For damage its nightblade>sorc>templar>dk>warden.
    At least something about that.
  • Kasyee
    Kasyee
    ✭✭
    Do I have these new skills/abilities if I own only base game though?

From your summary wouldnt nightblade be best for me then? best dmg and 3rd in heal?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    difficult question tough. a bit of a playstyle question. magplars atm play range as dd's, but actually were meant to be a melee class. sadly jabs are most of the times not a good damage skill, since melee range and some bugs. nightblade is a ranged class tough.
    the warden is only playable, if you purchased morrowind.
  • chuckaloco
    I have 3 healer characters, one Templar, one Nightblade and one Warden. Imo there is a huge gap from Templar and Warden as the best to Nightblade in 3rd. The Undaunted blood fountain ability is really good for dungeons and the siphoning class is good for solo but it doesn’t do much for PVP and the sacrifice you make in DMG to make it a Healer is quite a lot, so you end up with an average healer (which is still pretty good for dungeons, until the boss) and not great for damage. I found myself using a Frost staff to take all the aggro from bosses in dungeons and then just healing myself with lifesteal as the nightblade, rather than actually just healing my group outright. Warden is good for aoe and a super healer but the damage isnt great, Templar can do big healing and good damage so if you want to jump between roles I recommend a Templar. The Nightblade healer sure is fun to play though.
    Edited by chuckaloco on April 10, 2018 2:46AM