The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crashes on Xbox one

Brrrofski
Brrrofski
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Since the patch last week, I'm crashing way way more than before. This is in pve, not PvP (crash like every hours in that)

Usually, it's after 3 or 4 hours is solid playing. Now it happens at least once an hour. I turned the game on for the first time today, picked up writs, went to Woodworks table and instantly crashed. It's happening everywhere, even in the middle of nowhere.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Are you guys aware of this. It's not because of the event, it was happening before this.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, no matter where i am.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same... Game is very to close to unplayable.

Original CWC was so good. It is really sad they reverted it and will take almost 6 months to implement the improvements back.
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    I've got several crashed since last weeks patch. Not a lot but way more than I use too.
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Same here :(
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, the game has been extremely unstable for me lately as well.
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on April 7, 2018 10:33PM
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many booted from server errors.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I go to a crafting table in a busy place, it will crash if I have been playing a while. However I found a workaround that works about 80% of the time. Go up to the table, but wait about 5 seconds before clicking on it. Then once in it, wait for the camera to stop panning before moving any menu items.

However, it would be nice to have a fix for this.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it stands now any place I go to crashes... when the update after dragonbones came out it made vivec city actually something I could go to all day and most crashes I had was 1 in a day. Now with current update anywhere crashes, I'm even getting worse infinite loading screens than before.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Ghost12584
    Since the last patch I’ve noticed the amount of crashes for me has increased. I crash about every hour and a half and I’ve already made a forum post about this and also submitted a ticket to ZOS but to no avail. They really need to fix this issue because the game really is close to unplayable for me.
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Haven’t had any issues with my one x. HOWEVER before with my OG1 I crashed every hour.
  • hussein7861
    Same it's so annoying I've been crashing everywhere but seems especially in dungeons
  • Ghost12584
    Yeah if I crash more than half the time it’s in a dungeon. I’ve noticed that every group I am in, it seems like someone throughout the course of the dungeon gets disconnected because their game crashed.
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much of this has to do with the Anniversary event.
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 but I am having the same problem. 7 times in the last hour alone. I'm giving up for now and might try again later.
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm all my friends are having crashing problems on Xbox.
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup crashes on Xbox since the patch to fix the UI errors are out of control.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Started happening right after the patch which was on Tuesday if I remember correctly so before the event started.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA

No crashes. No negative differences since making hardware adjustments last year.
    Edited by Defilted on April 8, 2018 12:54AM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the servers do not appear strong enough for all the people back for the holiday event on XBox. Performance is not even playable at this point.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find my sound goes first. The effects sounds will disappear and come back. Sometimes no sound then randomly it crashes.

the sound seems to be the first step for me. If i restart its fine.
  • Gargis
    Gargis
    ✭✭✭
    Same %&#*, different day. Yea, I get the same thing.

What a joke

/looks over the horizon.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing on NA (XBox One X), and I haven't had any crashes since the patch. Been playing since 8am this morning.

The only issue I'm running into is Rivenspire. It seems I keep getting booted to reload screen, then restore. From there, I get an error about a target, so I log out, log back in, and I'm inside a building.

Been trying to avoid Rivenspire, but the TG quests keep sending me there.

• Ghost12584
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Started happening right after the patch which was on Tuesday if I remember correctly so before the event started.

Yeh, it started happening after that patch.

I'm on EU if that makes a difference.
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Yeh, it started happening after that patch.

I'm on EU if that makes a difference.

I'm on EU as well, Xbox One X but no crashes at all this week. After the maintenance last week I had a couple of lockups and an outright crash, but I did a full restart of the console and nothing since.
  • Kataristoz
    Kataristoz
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also on EU. Playing on an Xbox one X. This problem started after typing on a connected keyboard (logitec nordic usb). Dont know if that was the trigger, but had no issues before that.
    Now I try not to use keyboard in chat, but it keeps freezing regardless, and drops to Xbox home screen. Did a hard reset after each instance helps, but still happens.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same..crashed twice tonight.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of gave up...

When I don't crash, I get 2 minutes loading screens... Just switching one character to another takes up to 5 minutes.

I started leveling characters on my PC account that I bought for PTS because Xbox is really annoying to play right now.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    I was so happy for 3-5 days, only few crashes but now once again aaaaaalot of crashes like 2-4 a day. Game either freezes and throws me to db or on some cases just throws me to db without any "warning".
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »
    I was so happy for 3-5 days, only few crashes but now once again aaaaaalot of crashes like 2-4 a day. Game either freezes and throws me to db or on some cases just throws me to db without any "warning".

Yeh, same her. Go to gold coast - load screen after 4 steps. Take another 4 steps - endless load screen. Finish the daily, go to stormhaven - refresh food buff - DC.

Such an enjoyable experience
    Edited by Brrrofski on April 17, 2018 8:00AM