Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Dedicated Guild hall

Varidian
Varidian
✭✭✭
One thing I really do wish we could do, or at least have the ability to obtain is dedicated guild halls. Not a player house botched to be one...

I have the Ebonheart chateau as my guild Hall and it really is decorated with that in mind, it has all you could need and decorations are placed in a realistic manner... But only 24 people can visit at one time. And you have to access it via finding my name... Visit residence... Painful for new players of eso. many players I encounter do not even know you can visit other players houses... let alone how.

Imagine if we had a simple button on the guild page - go to guild Hall.

Player population subject to property size. You can't fit 100 people in the free Inn room granted...

But you can easily get 100 to 200 into my guild Hall and still have space to walk with your arms out.

Personally I believe this would justify having guild halls to start with.

Even have it accessed by non guild members as an option. For the sake of marketing and advertising your guilds facilities...

The one thing I would be against is a guild trader inside the guild Hall because that would damage the current competition for a city trader... But who knows maybe it would throw the market in a better direction.
What I propose is:
  • Players may toggle a property to become private living or open access (guild)
  • Guild page now hosts a "guild hall" button for short easy access
  • Players can host the guild hall as an open access for a set capacity of visitors - subject to property size
  • House visitors for guild hall is raised from 24 to a maximum of 100 or 200 - subject to property size

kh4z583m85dy.png

Post your ideas in the comments
Edited by Varidian on April 8, 2018 3:28PM
The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make this happen!

I hate that guilds really only function through the chat. I want something that makes guilds feel more tangible. Having official guild halls would make them feel much more present and involved in the game, rather than just a group of people that talk in chat. Most of the guilds I am in have players that have been members for years and haven't interacted with each other beyond chatting in the guild channel. As is, many of the guilds I've been in don't even have any place to officially meet up.

A few of my guilds have some very dedicated guild-masters that have sunk a lot of time and resources into outfitting their house into a make-shift guild hall and I applaud and appreciate the effort, but most players don't even know you can visit other players' homes. And the way you have to search through the roster just to find said guild-master and then right click their name to visit their home is just messy and unnecessary. Please give guild-masters the ability to officially designate a home as their guild hall, and then clean up the UI a bit by just adding a button for the players to click on. Just a simple, big button that wont be missed by new players that says "Enter Guild Hall" is really all it would take.

I'm not saying that this would take away the hard work that goes into building a community, but it would certainly enhance it and make it feel more rewarding. Guilds would have more interaction beyond the chat and it would make events (like pvp tournaments, raffles and other contests) feel more lively.

I know not all guilds are dependent on their members participating and working together, but I think the majority of them would benefit from this simple feature.
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    Please make this happen!

I hate that guilds really only function through the chat. I want something that makes guilds feel more tangible. Having official guild halls would make them feel much more present and involved in the game, rather than just a group of people that talk in chat. Most of the guilds I am in have players that have been members for years and haven't interacted with each other beyond chatting in the guild channel. As is, many of the guilds I've been in don't even have any place to officially meet up.

A few of my guilds have some very dedicated guild-masters that have sunk a lot of time and resources into outfitting their house into a make-shift guild hall and I applaud and appreciate the effort, but most players don't even know you can visit other players' homes. And the way you have to search through the roster just to find said guild-master and then right click their name to visit their home is just messy and unnecessary. Please give guild-masters the ability to officially designate a home as their guild hall, and then clean up the UI a bit by just adding a button for the players to click on. Just a simple, big button that wont be missed by new players that says "Enter Guild Hall" is really all it would take.

I'm not saying that this would take away the hard work that goes into building a community, but it would certainly enhance it and make it feel more rewarding. Guilds would have more interaction beyond the chat and it would make events (like pvp tournaments, raffles and other contests) feel more lively.

I know not all guilds are dependent on their members participating and working together, but I think the majority of them would benefit from this simple feature.

as a guild leader of 106 people, I cant agree more. I don't actually know what 90% of my guild actually look like. one of my long term members saw me at a guild trader a while ago, I didn't even know where or what he looked like.

adding a button, increase the visitor population.

sounds like a very small bit of work to me, and would satisfy the entire guild community as a whole
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    updated with a pic that was posted into another forum on the same topic started by my self. see this is my point, if someone can do this at home the devs can pull it off too.
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • Alexandea
    Alexandea
    ✭✭✭
    Pacrooti likes this idea! It must come in an upcoming update in the end of this year!
    @PACROOTl
    “Today, is your lucky day!”
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, i just watched The ESO PAXEast broadcast and they said they looking into Guildhalls and more features added to Housing. Hope They do this, also, yes you described the complicated way, there are already addons out there, like PortToFriendsHouse that lets you dedicate a keybind to travel to a Guildhome :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    It really is something they should implement officially. It's a challenge explaining how to visit the guild hall

Imagine trying to walk 100 new people through installing add ons...
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this as well
    Edited by Krainor1974 on April 9, 2018 1:51PM
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    Right across the board. On multiple sites and forums this has been wanted since housing first hit eso
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Guild Hall Button addon is now live on Minion/ESOUI.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.