The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daedra and Sotha Sil...

Wanderer_13
Does it known how Sotha Sil persuaded Daedra to do not step on/interfere on Nirn?
Edited by Wanderer_13 on April 6, 2018 11:34AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Wanderer_13
    oh, yes. I mixed up
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a theory going around that Sotha Sil is looking at ways to destroy the Daedra. This is mentioned in dialogue with the final conversation that you have with Sotha Sil.

So maybe he offered not being destroyed?

But he was also very specific in his wording that the Daedric Princes may not set foot or physically manifest on Nirn. But there is a loophole insomuch as they can act through intermediaries. Maybe this was part of the deal?

However, Sheogorath has already broken the deal. He physically manifested in Southpoint, Grahtwood.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Wanderer_13
    Isn't deal is legaly broken because of lack of Alessia's descendant for Amulet of Kings?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    However, Sheogorath has already broken the deal. He physically manifested in Southpoint, Grahtwood.
    Unless that interior was actually part of his own realm. There was a lot of illusion going on in that quest already, so one more piece wouldn't go amiss.
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't deal is legaly broken because of lack of Alessia's descendant for Amulet of Kings?

No, that just has to do with their physical ability to manifest and interfere with Nirn. The whole idea of the soulburst was that Akatosh was providing protection in the form of a veil which physically PREVENTED other Deadric princes from interfering. The Couldharbour Compact was just an agreement that Sotha Sil somehow got the princes to agree to, like by threatening them or offering them something.
  • Wanderer_13
    By the way, why Sotha Sil did that, if the Amulet of Kings had been working well? To be insure? Maybe I dont know something?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, why Sotha Sil did that, if the Amulet of Kings had been working well? To be insure? Maybe I dont know something?

Additional insurance is likely; Morrowind was at war with the Empire at the time, and the odds of the Dragonborn emperor and his son dying were good. Also there was at least one person who was poking holes in the veil to let the Daedra through anyway - see Gil-var-delle for details.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Aldorexi
    Aldorexi
    Soul Shriven
    The way i see it is that Sotha Sil wants to reinforce the liminal barriers of the mundus to prevent daedric invasions such as the planemeld, the best example i've seen to describe this is to think of the mundus as a house with holes in its roof and through those holes the daedra invade, what sotha sil wants to do is fix those holes banishing the daedra permanently without relying on the dragonfire and the amulet of kings which are both flawed. I recommend reading the truth in sequence if you haven't done so.