Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Player returning after over a year, questions about DK

sinxsader
sinxsader
Soul Shriven
Hello i'm returning after over a year and I play DK, more preferrably magicka DK because the skills look awesome and i'm a dunmer...how are they in pvp? Also are they better in light or heavy armor? Is vampire good to use with magicka dk? I've done some research and people say seducer, silks of the sun, wizards riposte are good. I'm not too sure and would like some input. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK (and more specifically Magicka DK) just took a big hit in power from the last patch due to off balance changes and changes to Lava Whip.

I can't really advise on sets but if you've been checking guides you should have a reasonable idea. AlcastHQ and Tamriel Foundry have some good basic build ideas normally.

You should also be aware we're only two months away from Update 18 (Summerset) which will change the game A LOT due to jewellery crafting and two handed weapons counting as two set pieces, so any gear or builds you invest in now will likely change then.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • sinxsader
    sinxsader
    Soul Shriven
    That's kind of unfortunate. So is the general consensus Stam dk is better in PvP? I will mostly just be engaging in 1v1 - 1v5 situations.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second worst class in the game after magicka warden at the moment. ZOS doesn't want anyone to play them for some reason.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 3, 2018 9:39PM
  • sinxsader
    sinxsader
    Soul Shriven
    DK is probly my favorite class ever in any mmo and the others don't interest me...nb and sorc have always been broken. That's unfortunate. I'll still play dk though because skill matters more. I just can't pick between Stam and mag.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinxsader wrote: »
    DK is probly my favorite class ever in any mmo and the others don't interest me...nb and sorc have always been broken. That's unfortunate. I'll still play dk though because skill matters more. I just can't pick between Stam and mag.

Play whatever you enjoy. Maybe ZOS will buff them one day (highly unlikely knowing their track record; they only buff NB and sorcs), but at least you'll enjoy the play style.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 3, 2018 11:50PM
  • sinxsader
    sinxsader
    Soul Shriven
    sinxsader wrote: »

Play whatever you enjoy. Maybe ZOS will buff them one day (highly unlikely knowing their track record; they only buff NB and sorcs), but at least you'll enjoy the play style.

It's all good. Maybe i'll go with magdk since they seem to be the more tanky ones.