The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Draining Shot is bugged to hell and back

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know this has been reported previously, but it seems to be EVEN WORSE these past few days. Or perhaps more people started running it to take advantage of the borderline-exploitative functionality. Either way, this needs to be highlighted and addressed.
  • The CC (following the knockback) is downright unbreakable sometimes. I was spamming my CC-break (bound to a SINGLE key for easy and reliable use) during a duel today, and my character simply didn't respond. Just crouched there on the ground for the FULL 1.5s duration, which is an eternity when you are taking a ballista (the bow ult, not the siege equipment) to the face. Stamina bar was close to full.
  • Very frequently I get hit by the shot and knocked back, disabled during the travel time, as per standard mechanics. Upon landing, however, I do NOT receive a hard CC, meaning I have no opportunity to CC-break and gain immunity, and consequently the enemy can IMMEDIATELY use draining shot on me AGAIN. Or any other CC, really.

I understand that CC mechanics bug-out from time to time (I've slid across the ground following an incap enough times to know this), but this skill malfunctions far more frequently than the background rate.
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • chillar
    chillar
    ✭✭
    still happens. i got cc'd 3 times back to back. it was the only thing on my recap. the person obviously knew about it and was exploiting the hell out of it
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    I know this has been reported previously, but it seems to be EVEN WORSE these past few days. Or perhaps more people started running it to take advantage of the borderline-exploitative functionality. Either way, this needs to be highlighted and addressed.
    • The CC (following the knockback) is downright unbreakable sometimes. I was spamming my CC-break (bound to a SINGLE key for easy and reliable use) during a duel today, and my character simply didn't respond. Just crouched there on the ground for the FULL 1.5s duration, which is an eternity when you are taking a ballista (the bow ult, not the siege equipment) to the face. Stamina bar was close to full.
    • Very frequently I get hit by the shot and knocked back, disabled during the travel time, as per standard mechanics. Upon landing, however, I do NOT receive a hard CC, meaning I have no opportunity to CC-break and gain immunity, and consequently the enemy can IMMEDIATELY use draining shot on me AGAIN. Or any other CC, really.

I understand that CC mechanics bug-out from time to time (I've slid across the ground following an incap enough times to know this), but this skill malfunctions far more frequently than the background rate.

Ye it’s not fun. This has been happening for me vs. all sorts of skills incl. dshot ZoS broke CC somehow; I’ll get 3x CC’d with an immovable going sometimes.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best thing is when someone use this in BGs to instakill you by kicking you out of bridge or by slow lingering death in lava.