The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Goodbye vma and vdsa

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
We'll that finally killed it. Weapons are dead! Rest in peace.
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pre PTS info. Wait at least till the PTS is in its final cycle to start the doom and gloom.
    I play how I want to.

• Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    b6c.gif
    love is love
  • GazettE
    GazettE
    ✭✭✭
    Im being serious here guys. I dont get it. Whats the problem with it? Why would new 2H system become downfall for these stuffs?
    561+ CP

Sorcerers - Stamina - Magicka - Stormproof

Templar - Magicka - Healer

NightBlade - Magicka - DPS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because now there will be more than a handful of ways to be viable.

Too many enjoying their cake for so long, when everyone else gets a cookie it's suddenly unfair.

You'll still have the options to use these weapons - there is no direct nerf. You just may not have the same difference in advantage as you once did.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    Not at all, your crusher enchant from your MA staves still work if you weapon swap, so you have your MA enchant AND your 2nd 5 pieces set proc on your main bar.
    The bow is the same, you can still use your special weapons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GazettE wrote: »
    Im being serious here guys. I dont get it. Whats the problem with it? Why would new 2H system become downfall for these stuffs?

Because previously magicka users with staves could only have 11 slots, limiting them to certain combos of sets and making a 1 piece set like the VMA staff very useful. Same for Bow users, that bow was effectively a wasted slot unless you had a 1 piece or 4 piece bow.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st why would I use something that's weaker?
    2nd why be made at ppl who were rewarded something unique and useful because they accomplished something challenging.
    3rd don't be jealous and hate on others because they spent the time, gold and patients to learn and conquer something ( you haven't bc of laziness, impatience or unwillingness to learn ) very challenging and properly rewarded.
    4th trophy for everyone never works out.
    5th vma and vdsa are content that have taught so many how to become the competent players they are today. What would be the point to run them now?
    Shall I continue?
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodnight sweet prince.

I will still occasionally run vMA for fun but not vDSA. It's a shame about this loss to Tamriel :'(
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We'll that finally killed it. Weapons are dead! Rest in peace.

Actually you can run 2 5pc sets a monster set and VMA weapons

3 Jewelry 1(2) weapons back bar
    5 Body
    Monster
    Front bar VMA Weapon
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see builds dropping MA staff or bow backbars personally. The ability of those weapons will still be strong and just means builds will be going from 5/5/2 on front bar to 5/3/2/1 on back bar so you just pick a set that you won't hugely be effected losing the 5 and 4 pc's of for the back bar swap. Most of the other weapons from those seemed pretty lackluster.

They could use a little buff however with this change and not be OP.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1st why would I use something that's weaker?
    2nd why be made at ppl who were rewarded something unique and useful because they accomplished something challenging.
    3rd don't be jealous and hate on others because they spent the time, gold and patients to learn and conquer something ( you haven't bc of laziness, impatience or unwillingness to learn ) very challenging and properly rewarded.
    4th trophy for everyone never works out.
    5th vma and vdsa are content that have taught so many how to become the competent players they are today. What would be the point to run them now?
    Shall I continue?
    1. You shouldn't. You'll have to make a build choice, as will everyone else. The difference being, everyone else will have more options. (Again, the weapons didn't get nerfed, therefore, the weapons themselves are not weaker in any way.)
    2. No one's mad. (well, no one but you) I've cleared it plenty of times as have many others, have plenty of weapons, and still think the 2H changes are a good thing for the overall game. You're losing nothing.
    3. No one's jealous, nor hating. Your assumption that anyone in particular hasn't cleared is both arrogant and flat out wrong. You're the one that made a thread whining about a non-issue because your virtual feelings got hurt.
    4. No trophies getting handed out here. People that could clear before can still clear. People that couldn't (or wouldn't) probably still won't. Again, nothing wrong with giving everyone, everyone, more build choices. Keep the vMA/vAS weapon in your build or don't.
    5. Hmmmm...this one's tough. I'd say the reason to run them today might be for players to learn "how to become the competent players they are today."
    Regarding whether you should continue? If you're ready to throw out a single valid, logical reason why this is an issue, we're all ears.

The rest of the game getting an opportunity doesn't lessen the 'special-ness' of your 'trophy' either.

If you're truly about the challenge and the player improvement these pieces of content provide, then that's why you'll continue to run that content.

Your counterarguments are making you sound like the entitled one here.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I don't see builds dropping MA staff or bow backbars personally. The ability of those weapons will still be strong and just means builds will be going from 5/5/2 on front bar to 5/3/2/1 on back bar so you just pick a set that you won't hugely be effected losing the 5 and 4 pc's of for the back bar swap. Most of the other weapons from those seemed pretty lackluster.

Yeah only difference i'd see that my build will become bit stronger with the update because i will have full 5/5/2 on frontbar
    ^^

Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who knows, maybe they will put the secondary stats on msa/master weapons again (the 189 spell dmg or what it was), just wait for pts and relax.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not convinced that vMA destro or bow will go away. Needs testing, and honestly it might end up depending on class.

Master DW and master bow will still be great in PVP on certain builds.

IMO Asylum 2H was never that great, now it will just be used about as often as it always deserved to be (i.e., not very).
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master/maelstom/asylum weapons are still plenty viable.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zeni0s wrote: »
    Not at all, your crusher enchant from your MA staves still work if you weapon swap, so you have your MA enchant AND your 2nd 5 pieces set proc on your main bar.
    The bow is the same, you can still use your special weapons.

You need a cookie
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

mechanical acuity would work
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip VMA 2H it was already pretty worthless soon it will be completely irrelevant.

ZOS can I have my 8 temps back?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    It's not about the maelstrom bow or destruction staff. The MAIN bar weapons will suffer.

I invested so much time in getting perfected asylum destruction staffs for all my characters (8 staffs in total) that I'd hate to put them on the shelf...

Add in another one piece bonus again, the old ones they had before. They are competing against a 5 piece bonus AND a one piece bonus now, so it'd be justified to have their old bonuses reinstated. But this is pre-PTS stuff, so we'll see what they did...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll this is true and after some thought and seeing that lights attacks will do more damage then yeah. Vdsa weapons will be more pvp oriented it seems. But I guess we won't know till summerset drops and see if guilium the rogue doesn't get the 2h weapons needed like asylum staffs.
  • Pr0fischimmler
    If Mechanical Acuity is not nerfed, there is a low chance that anyone would ever drop a Maelstrom staff in PvE. I don't think crafted sets will outvalue Acuity + BSW or Trial Set. With Staffs being two pieces, using a full Monster Set will make Acuity 5pc Frontbar only specs even stronger, or sets like Moondancer 5 piece interesting again.
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to add a common bonus to this weapon (equal to 4-th bonus of any other 5-pc set), otherwise they will be even more underpowered
    Rawr
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I guess we won't know till summerset drops and see if guilium the rogue doesn't get the 2h weapons needed like asylum staffs.

Gollum the Rogue you mean?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vMA bow and vMA Destro will still be used, they add too much DPS to remove from a build.
    If Mechanical Acuity is not nerfed, there is a low chance that anyone would ever drop a Maelstrom staff in PvE. I don't think crafted sets will outvalue Acuity + BSW or Trial Set. With Staffs being two pieces, using a full Monster Set will make Acuity 5pc Frontbar only specs even stronger, or sets like Moondancer 5 piece interesting again.

BSW is best when used with 5 piece on body, otherwise the uptime is too low , at least from last time I tested it(compared to only have BSW on frontbar). Moondancer got a 30 seconds duration and is therefor a very good set to use on frontbar. vMA inferno/lightning staff still has a place on the backbar.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO_Blash wrote: »
    But I guess we won't know till summerset drops and see if guilium the rogue doesn't get the 2h weapons needed like asylum staffs.

Gollum the Rogue you mean?

I'm crying :joy::joy::joy:
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    The change only kills front-bar arena weapons.
    Such as:
    Asylum Staff
    Asylum Axe
    Master Destro
    Master 2H
    Master Bow (in dual bow build)

Hopefully they will re-add the flat damage bonus boosts that were removed a few patches back.
    eisley the worst