The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Jewelry Crafting Information/Questions

Enemy-of-Coldharbour
Enemy-of-Coldharbour
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The raw materials and upgrade tempers for Jewelry Crafting are sourced by mining new nodes that you can find throughout Tamriel. This is great because the materials are not restricted to one location.

Trait Stones, however, only drop from specific zones and activities. I’ve found the following and am hoping others can fill in the missing information:
  • Arcane: Adds 870 Max Magicka (no information)
  • Healthy: Adds 957 Max Health (no information)
  • Robust: Adds 870 Max Stamina (no information)
  • Triune: Adds 435 Max Health, Magicka & Stamina (no information)
  • Protective: Adds 1,844 Physical & Spell Resistance (no information)
  • Swift: Increases Movement Speed by 10% (no information)
  • Harmony: Increases the potency of Damage, Healing, Recovery & Damage Shields granted by Synergies by 35% (Harmony can only be sourced by completing the weekly Trial)
  • Infused: Increases the potency of this item’s Enchantment by 60% (you’ll need to do daily quests or events by killing mobs in Summerset)
  • Bloodthirsty: Increase all damage you do to the target when it is below 25% health by 20% (Cyrodiil Dailies to get Bloodthirsty gear and trait stones)

I’m hoping someone can fill in the missing information.
Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 first is the standard traits who is in all jewelry, just deconstruct for an decent chance of stone.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed in reading about the jewelry crafting specifications, especially seeing this. Granted, it's not a huge loss, but to be less than attributes found in the game seems like a kick in the groin.

I was seriously hoping to see 900/1000/900 traits, but alas, it looks like I'll be sticking with current jewelry options. Stats are better.

The Triune is especially disappointing. What's the point crafting something so "meh".

I bought this game on pre-order, so while I'm not fully happy with JC, at least I picked up a senche and Morrowind with it.

• Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you know that those are not base stats, not epic ?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

I think that Epic stats for the current 3 traits at CP160 for Armour are approximately:

Arcane: Adds 868 Max Magicka http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyph_of_Magicka

Healthy: Adds 954 Max Health http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyph_of_Health

Robust: Adds 868 Max Stamina http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyph_of_Stamina

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

The ones I know up there are legendary. Can't speak to swift, protective, or harmony, though.
  • Youmee
    Youmee
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

The Triune is especially disappointing. What's the point crafting something so "meh".
    Well we use prismatic enchants... Forbtanks in PVE, for some PVP builds? Triune looks fine for me.

• Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty: Increase all damage you do to the target when it is below 25% health by 20% (Cyrodiil Dailies to get Bloodthirsty gear and trait stones)
    20% per ring/necklace ? 60% total.

This will be a huge nerf against those only using healing ward to survive in PvP.
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read the latest info and the FAQ’s but there were 2 questions I would love an answe too;

• will there be research scrolls for jewellery crafting you can buy ingame/crown store just like the other 3 disciplines
    • will the eso plus benefit of 10% reduction to research times apply to jewellery crafting too

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The raw materials and upgrade tempers for Jewelry Crafting are sourced by mining new nodes that you can find throughout Tamriel. This is great because the materials are not restricted to one location.

Trait Stones, however, only drop from specific zones and activities. I’ve found the following and am hoping others can fill in the missing information:
    • Harmony: Increases the potency of Damage, Healing, Recovery & Damage Shields granted by Synergies by 35% (Harmony can only be sourced by completing the weekly Trial)
    • Infused: Increases the potency of this item’s Enchantment by 60% (you’ll need to do daily quests or events by killing mobs in Summerset)
    • Bloodthirsty: Increase all damage you do to the target when it is below 25% health by 20% (Cyrodiil Dailies to get Bloodthirsty gear and trait stones)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26357
    • ARCANE
      • Trait effect: Increases Max Magicka.
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Arcane Trait drop randomly all over Tamriel.
      • Trait Material: Cobalt. Acquired by refining Jewelry Crafting base materials.
    • HEALTHY
      • Trait effect: Increases Max Health.
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Healthy Trait drop randomly all over Tamriel.
      • Trait Material: Antimony. Acquired by refining Jewelry Crafting base materials.
    • ROBUST
      • Trait effect: Increases Max Stamina.
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Robust Trait drop randomly all over Tamriel.
      • Trait Material: Zinc. Acquired either by refining Jewelry Crafting base materials.
    • PROTECTIVE
      • Trait effect: Increases Physical and Spell Resistance
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Protective Trait have a rare chance to be found within Undaunted chests.
      • Trait Material: Titanium. Acquired as part of daily dungeon rewards in the raw form and, rarely, in refined form. In order to create Titanium, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its raw form.
    • TRIUNE
      • Trait effect: Increases Health, Stamina, & Magicka
      • Researchable Item: A researchable ring is awarded at the end of the Summerset main quest line and a researchable necklace is awarded at the end of the Psijic Order quest line.
      • Trait Material: Dawn-Prism. Acquired from Jewelry Crafting Nodes throughout Tamriel with a higher chance to be found in Summerset. In order to create Dawn-Prism, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its pulverized (raw) form.
    • INFUSED
      • Trait effect: Increases Enchantment Effectiveness
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Infused Trait have a chance to drop from Psijic Portals, found all over Tamriel.
      • Trait Material: Aurbic Amber. Acquired from Psijic Portals, with a rare chance for a refined form. Note that Psijic Portals only appear if you have the new Psijic Order Skill Line. In order to create Aurbic Amber, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its pulverized (raw) form.
    • SWIFT
      • Trait effect: Increases Movement Speed
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Swift Trait have a rare chance to be awarded when completing normal Jewelry Crating Writs.
      • Trait Material: Gilding Wax. Purchased from Master Writ Merchants for Writ Vouchers.
    • HARMONY
      • Trait effect: Increases Synergy Effectiveness
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Harmony Trait have a chance to be awarded as part of the regular rewards for completing weekly Trial quests. Note that reward boxes from Trial quests completed before the release of ESO: Summerset do not contain jewelry with the Harmony Trait.
      • Trait Material: Dibellium. High chance to be acquired in refined form from weekly Trial quest rewards.
    • BLOODTHIRSTY
      • Trait effect: Increases Damage against low-health foes
      • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Bloodthirsty Trait have a chance to be awarded when you complete the new Cyrodiil daily board quests (note, not the repeatable quests).
      • Trait Material: Slaughterstone. Acquired in refined form from the War Researcher vendor in Cyrodiil for Alliance Points.
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on April 12, 2018 4:25PM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main question is deconstruction, will it have an chance for trait material?
    How much raw material will you get.

As it look like refining only give one refined material of stack of 10 rather than 5-8 refined this is very important.

Also the cost of cp160 items, will they require 160 refined or 1600 raw, that will require you to farm 3-400 nodes depending on drop rate.

The one at the preview probably know the first 2 answers but not the last as it require max level skill.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Main question is deconstruction, will it have an chance for trait material?
    How much raw material will you get.

As it look like refining only give one refined material of stack of 10 rather than 5-8 refined this is very important.

Also the cost of cp160 items, will they require 160 refined or 1600 raw, that will require you to farm 3-400 nodes depending on drop rate.

The one at the preview probably know the first 2 answers but not the last as it require max level skill.

Yes, @zaria, the preview article does say the "pulverized" trait material can be gained upon decon. It doesn't say how much ... to be gleaned from PTS when it drops.

I'm sure nodes will be the same as regular crafting nodes in terms of availability juxtaposed to the character level. In other words, jewelry seam nodes will likely be scaled 50% character level and 50% first passive skill points invested.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know for a fact that you have to know the same number of traits to craft set pieces like you do with rest of the craft lines? (i.e. 9 traits for a 9 trait set)

Edit: sorry should have asked has anyone tried a crafted 9 trait piece on a set?
    Edited by Casdha on April 25, 2018 6:03PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    Does anyone know for a fact that you have to know the same number of traits to craft set pieces like you do with rest of the craft lines? (i.e. 9 traits for a 9 trait set)

Edit: sorry should have asked has anyone tried a crafted 9 trait piece on a set?

Yes and Yes, I've crafted a 9 trait jewelry set (Twice Born Star) on the PTS.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like it is gonna be infused for every dps, harmony for every tank and gtfo the rest.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How longs it going to take to learn 6 traits
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

looks like it is gonna be infused for every dps, harmony for every tank and gtfo the rest.

Another comment that’s tunnel-visioned on PvE.

Have you tried new traited sets in PTS Cyrodiil to make sure that sort of blanket statement is true for any content type??
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that SWIFT is utterly useless. Zo$ capped movement speed a while back to compensate for their inability to separate battlegrounds from the base game. So that trait is completely pointless. Lol
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that SWIFT is utterly useless. Zo$ capped movement speed a while back to compensate for their inability to separate battlegrounds from the base game. So that trait is completely pointless. Lol

Few builds will hit anywhere near +100% speed. So niche, yes. Useless, no.
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Swift will be nice for farming, stealing, some tanks in mobile fights and in some PVP instances such as stealing Elder Scrolls. So actually a decent trait just not meant for combat.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was curious. I know it stated that harmony trait stones drop in trials, but can all nine traits jewelry pieces drop anywhere for research? I don't do trial but want to finish the crafting line. If they lock any jewelry drops behind a vet trial that will be dumb for crafters. Especially since the jewelry is no trade.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 6 new traits all have very specific ways to get them, they do not drop generally anywhere. The post you quoted is old information since they've swapped which trait drops where. Updated information is in the 4.0.5 patch notes. I do expect that all traits will be available at traders for research, but prices will probably be very high for a while.
  • SamboJ
    SamboJ
    ✭✭✭
    The official link posted earlier says that you have Bloodthirsty & Triune in the wrong order. E.g Triune comes from Cyrodiil & Bloodthirsty from weekly trials.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26357?Check-out-Jewelry-Crafting-With-this-Preview-&-Guide
    Edited by SamboJ on May 24, 2018 1:33PM
    "Chasing elder scrolls since 2002."
    Founder of Tamriel Fisheries (PC/NA/2015)
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭

[*] PROTECTIVE
    • Trait effect: Increases Physical and Spell Resistance
    • Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Protective Trait have a rare chance to be found within Undaunted chests.
    • Trait Material: Titanium. Acquired as part of daily dungeon rewards in the raw form and, rarely, in refined form. In order to create Titanium, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its raw form.
    [*] TRIUNE
    • Trait effect: Increases Health, Stamina, & Magicka
    • Researchable Item: A researchable ring is awarded at the end of the Summerset main quest line and a researchable necklace is awarded at the end of the Psijic Order quest line.
    • Trait Material: Dawn-Prism. Acquired from Jewelry Crafting Nodes throughout Tamriel with a higher chance to be found in Summerset. In order to create Dawn-Prism, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its pulverized (raw) form.

I got Protective necklace at end of the psijic quest line so thinking these 2 might be mixed up?

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    never saw dawn-prism in JC nodes. Anybody saw it?
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add - check the current Patch Notes - when you finish the quest lines you are getting protective. Triune is from Gladiator rucksacks now...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • A_Divine_Sin
    A_Divine_Sin
    Soul Shriven
    A more obvious pay to win huh, make sure that without summerset you cant access the new jewellery traits or gold jewellery in most sets, unless you so happen to drop half a build to get bits of a crafted set made for you, zos really should have learnt after the morrowind fiasco- over milking the cow loses players