The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Birthday Event and RNG Rewards

rafaelcsmaia
rafaelcsmaia
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone from ZOS could please explain how "rare" the worm motifs will be? by reading ESO's main site, it seems like it will be almost impossible to complete without a heavy grind:

Rarer rewards include hard-to-get motif pages previously only available in Vvardenfell, the Horns of the Reach dungeons, and the Clockwork City. Even rarer, you could receive a motif page for the brand-new Worm Cult style, a look that can only be found in the Anniversary Gift Boxes!

If its rarer than the VVardenfell and HOTR motifs, either those are stupidly easy to get or worm cult is as hard as getting Buoyant armiger pages.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably harder than Buoyant armiger.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on their site yes it should be harder, but what bugs me is why? All event motifs in the past were so easy to obtain
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happy already. I can't afford to spend endless amounts of time sweating this game. Challenging but not ridiculous is fair. I fear its going to reward the 1% with no other commitments than a 9-5 ESO-sweatfest.

I feel like they never get these things right first time round so it will be an obscenely low drop rate.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The laughable thing is, worm cult is now so old, the textures on it are awful but you will still find motif pages for 10.000.000 gold and people will buy them.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, do I get it right that you'd be able to get dailies and weeklies ONLY IF YOU PREVIOUSLY HAD COMPLETED Mages' Guild main story quest line?
    If so, it sucks...
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Liferefugee
    Liferefugee
    ✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Hmm, do I get it right that you'd be able to get dailies and weeklies ONLY IF YOU PREVIOUSLY HAD COMPLETED Mages' Guild main story quest line?
    If so, it sucks...

No, they said that if you have completed the mage line then the book that lists the events you can do will be available via that method. The rest can access via the book itself which would need an inventory slot.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's not correct. My stamblade has done none of the story quests for fighters or mages guild but can get the dailies. You do have to join the guild but that's trivial; I'm not sure if there's a level requirement.
    Edited by kringled_1 on April 2, 2018 5:00PM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happy already. I can't afford to spend endless amounts of time sweating this game. Challenging but not ridiculous is fair. I fear its going to reward the 1% with no other commitments than a 9-5 ESO-sweatfest.

I feel like they never get these things right first time round so it will be an obscenely low drop rate.

This, i believe a ~20% drop rate for them would be fair, do around 5 dailies, maybe 8 or 9 if your RNG is bad and get one.

Doing simple math, we have 14 pages to find, the event lasts for 12 days, if you do the maximum dailies in one character (40) every day, you would need a little more than 2.5% chance to get all in a single toon, while stressing and doing an insane amount of quests and getting no duplicates (unlikely).

• Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, i believe a ~20% drop rate for them would be fair, do around 5 dailies, maybe 8 or 9 if your RNG is bad and get one.

Doing simple math, we have 14 pages to find, the event lasts for 12 days, if you do the maximum dailies in one character (40) every day, you would need a little more than 2.5% chance to get all in a single toon, while stressing and doing an insane amount of quests and getting no duplicates (unlikely).

I'd love a list of those dallies if someone has a link?

Crafting writs X 6
    Vvardenfell X 4 - 2 vivec, 2 Ashlander
    Mages guild X 1
    Theives guild X 2/3?
    DB X 1
    Fighters guild (I assume has one)
    Wrothgar must have a couple?

I'm now lost :D

But yeah, that seems a fair drop rate. Tbh I'd like anything along the lines of Hollowjack drop rate (Although I was spamming nMA. It shouldn't be an ultra rare motif only the sweatiest of us are 'allowed' to have.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on their site yes it should be harder, but what bugs me is why? All event motifs in the past were so easy to obtain

My guess is that it's so they can frustrate people into buying them in the crown store.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafting writs X 6
    Mages guild X 1
    Theives guild X 2/3?
    DB X 1

But yeah, that seems a fair drop rate. Tbh I'd like anything along the lines of Hollowjack drop rate (Although I was spamming nMA. It shouldn't be an ultra rare motif only the sweatiest of us are 'allowed' to have.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Repeatable_Quests
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Crafting writs X 6
    Mages guild X 1
    Theives guild X 2/3?
    DB X 1

@Stewart1874 Don't forget the World Boss dailies are sharable. So for Vvardenfell:

6 World bosses
    Vivec daily
    Ashlander daily x2

And Wrothgar:
    6 World Bosses
    Trinimac delve daily

Gold Coast has two world bosses. Clockwork City has two as well.

Now, where you're going to find the time to fight all these bosses to get the associated loot may be another problem...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time we had daily based rewards, people were blazing thru cyro's town quests, they're fast and easy, the rewards are crap tho.
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on April 3, 2018 1:14PM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafting writs X 6
    Mages guild X 1
    Theives guild X 2/3?
    DB X 1

@Stewart1874 Don't forget the World Boss dailies are sharable. So for Vvardenfell:

6 World bosses
    Vivec daily
    Ashlander daily x2

And Wrothgar:
    6 World Bosses
    Trinimac delve daily

Now, where you're going to find the time to fight all these bosses to get the associated loot may be another problem...

And the 3x undaunted pledges plus 1x random dungeon
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

Crafting writs X 6
    Mages guild X 1
    Theives guild X 2/3?
    DB X 1

Clockwork City has up to 4 dailies
    Craglorn has 2 Dailies plus some repeatable
    Trials
    Delve and 3 Undaunted Pledges, so 4 there
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably harder than Buoyant armiger.

I find it funny how they claim the CWC motifs will be rarer than BA, yet BA in game is 1,000,000 rarer :|
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafting writs X 6
    Mages guild X 1
    Theives guild X 2/3?
    DB X 1

6 World bosses
    Vivec daily
    Ashlander daily x2

And Wrothgar:
    6 World Bosses
    Trinimac delve daily

Delve dailies in Vvardenfll and Wrothgar are shareable, as are the Gold Coast ones.

Crafting writs X 6
    Mages guild X 1
    Theives guild X 2/3?
    DB X 1

Clockwork City has up to 4 dailies
    Craglorn has 2 Dailies plus some repeatable
    Trials
    Delve and 3 Undaunted Pledges, so 4 there

Craglorn has a lot of dailies. Off the top of my head:

3 Skyreach dailies (Catacombs, Hold and Pinnacle)
    Spellscar
    2 dailies in Valley of Scars
    The pilgrimage quest
    Shada's Tear
    Rahni-Za School of Warriors
    Seeker's Archive
    Elinhir Sewers

I'm glad you only have Worm Cult left to get, but some of us are not that lucky.

But in all seriousness, it's a game, not a job. Do as many dailies as you feel like, but don't stress about it. It's what the sane players are doing.
    The Moot Councillor
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

I'm glad you only have Worm Cult left to get, but some of us are not that lucky.

But in all seriousness, it's a game, not a job. Do as many dailies as you feel like, but don't stress about it. It's what the sane players are doing.

Im quite positive you misinterpreted what i've written, I said we have 14 pages to get as its the only exclusive motif in the event, the other you can farm in any time span you feel better. Worm cult, however, is bound to those 12 days, hence why it becomes a chore.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Im quite positive you misinterpreted what i've written, I said we have 14 pages to get as its the only exclusive motif in the event, the other you can farm in any time span you feel better. Worm cult, however, is bound to those 12 days, hence why it becomes a chore.

It's exclusive for now. It's been in the game files for a long time. I'm sure it will show up somewhere.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    If so, it sucks...

Not correct. They are giving a list of available daily quets. If you have completed the mages guild you can commit that list to memory and access it from your journal. If you have nit completed the Mage guild quest then you will need to keep the list in your inventory.
  • Funkpirata
    Funkpirata
    Soul Shriven
    Will this be a list of repeatable quests only relevant to the anniversary event? Or is it worth doing the mages guild quest line to have this list saved for future reference. Like is it a list of all repeatable quests in the game?
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I wonder, will the Cyrodiil Settlement Quests be considered repeatable since you can do several a day? Can anyone verify that last year these worked?
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When is the anniversary event? I've haven't seen anything from zos.

Nm, I found it.
    Edited by MajBludd on April 4, 2018 10:01AM
  • Pr0fischimmler
    Funkpirata wrote: »
    Will this be a list of repeatable quests only relevant to the anniversary event? Or is it worth doing the mages guild quest line to have this list saved for future reference. Like is it a list of all repeatable quests in the game?

Yes, there is one just inside this thread... on top, a helpful link i found on reddit yesterday:

https://thallassathoughts.wordpress.com/category/learning-center/eso/
    Edited by Pr0fischimmler on April 4, 2018 10:50AM
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    The laughable thing is, worm cult is now so old, the textures on it are awful but you will still find motif pages for 10.000.000 gold and people will buy them.

Which is similar to how many modern paintings fetch abysmal prices in comparison to historic art pieces that are worth fortunes...classic.
    --
    Also, the drop rate seems pretty decent so far :smiley:
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I wonder, will the Cyrodiil Settlement Quests be considered repeatable since you can do several a day? Can anyone verify that last year these worked?

Yes they work, as well as the town cyro quests, which imo is the fastest after crafting dailies