First Boss Fang Lair BUGGED

Hixtory
Hixtory
✭✭✭✭
Hey ZOS, the first boss of fang lair it's been bugged for quite some time now, apparently is a russian roulette because sometimes it works fine but others it just keep restarting the whole time. I went in there 2 times and both times the boss kept resetting itself after the 2nd wave of monsters. It's impossible to continue with the dungeon.

So far no apparent reason, initially we presumed it was to much dps but even with 2nd dps doing only heavy attacks it continued happening.

Pls check it out. Thanks
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 21, 2022 2:49PM
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm bug, it may happen since a while now and is really annoying. If there is a workaround pls let us know. :)

Oh... and while we are at it: WGT last boss: the helpfull "I identified the rims, you need to close them bla bla" isn't helpfull if there are no rims to be closed at that specific time, or they already opened and you had no notice, or boss is already dead and that darn lady just doesn't shut up. In fact, the hints could only provide help when they are actually tied to the event...
    Edited by Elsterchen on April 2, 2018 3:23PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was someone using the Shadowrend set? Maybe the tank? Because this set somehow bugs the whole fight and makes it resetting all the time (but after 6-7 times you can go on and finish the fight eventually). Just unequip this set for this fight and everything will be fine. Tested :wink:
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Was someone using the Shadowrend set? Maybe the tank? Because this set somehow bugs the whole fight and makes it resetting all the time (but after 6-7 times you can go on and finish the fight eventually). Just unequip this set for this fight and everything will be fine. Tested :wink:

Ty for the advice on shadowrent, will try that next time.

But you are wrong, with saying it will go on eventually. First time this happened we spend an full hour trying to get past that boss... to no avail I may add. The whole fight just resetted randomly (it seemed), the only thing we noticed was a strange behavior in the gate (it didn't close at the beginning of the fight, and when it closed the fight would resett and it would slam open again).
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tripple boss in Falkreath Hold seems to have the same problem, after the first stage, the boss combines, you nuke him down to 50% so he splits up again, and bääm back to start.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

No, no one was using that set, I have yet to see a pve build with that set anyway.

We were a regular group, 2 DD, 1 Healer and 1 tank.

I really don't know the sets everyone were using but I was in my sorc with a regular setup, 5 Necro, 2 Ilambris, 4 IA, 1VMA Destro staff.

Fun thing is that the previous day I was there and I had no problems at all. We even made 3 od the 4 achievements required for the personality. Yeah HM still missing.
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug is still happening :( i have done scalecaller on vet hm, speedrun and no death but still havent even managed to complete the quest for this dungeon because of this bug.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    This bug is still happening :( i have done scalecaller on vet hm, speedrun and no death but still havent even managed to complete the quest for this dungeon because of this bug.

What you mean?
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »

What you mean?

When you walk up to the first boss fight of fang layer the adds spawn and run up to the group and then as you attack them they disappear and respawn at their original positions again. This happens over and over making the fight unplayable. This same bug has also been happening in vet darkshade caverns 2. When you get to the boss fight with the 4 centurions and tons of spiders blocking the door to the final boss. They just reset over and over after taking damage.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

What you mean?

When you walk up to the first boss fight of fang layer the adds spawn and run up to the group and then as you attack them they disappear and respawn at their original positions again. This happens over and over making the fight unplayable. This same bug has also been happening in vet darkshade caverns 2. When you get to the boss fight with the 4 centurions and tons of spiders blocking the door to the final boss. They just reset over and over after taking damage.

oh LOL I was confusing the dungeon name, well that's even worse then. Sorry to hear about that
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is still happening. 1st boss resets at around 75% over and over again.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I havent tried again for quite some time, but if this continues is quite sad for ZOS not to even answer on this thread.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening non stop in all of my attempts at Fang Lair since Summerset launch. I've been unable to proceed past the first boss since she resets constantly.
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    Had this last night. Reset twice but the third time we fought in the centre of the area and it worked. No idea if that was related.
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to us last night too.
    We fought in the middle and it still reset.
    Gave up after resetting, regrouping and quite a few tries.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be better if the group stays where they enter the room and all use range, let the mobs come to you and burn them down. Worked 3 out of 4 times :)
  • Ussury_Volk
    Ussury_Volk
    Soul Shriven
    Same here... We gave up after quite a few tries. It was my daily random, norm.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    Seems to be better if the group stays where they enter the room and all use range, let the mobs come to you and burn them down. Worked 3 out of 4 times :)

Although I appreciate the answer still is a bug, and ZOS should adress it and fix it, its been a long time already
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭

Although I appreciate the answer still is a bug, and ZOS should adress it and fix it, its been a long time already

Agreed. Fang's Lair and Bloodroot Forge both broken. No ZOS comment :(

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So
    • Invisible Lava in Bloodroot
    • Resetting boss in Fang Lair
    • Hell, CoH II bugged the other day when boss went to 35% - boss just lock up, standing there looking stupid and wouldn't go for the sword (RIP HM, had to wipe). Prior to that, we had to suicide to get to him because the portal wouldn't work (in combat bug)

IDK how they fix one thing and somehow break 8 others, completely unrelated?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm today that this damn boss will not get past the second wave and I spent over and hour in Group Finder just to have it do this....
  • MotoVexGT
    MotoVexGT
    Soul Shriven
    I've also experienced this, and it is super frustrating. She randomly will reset, with no rhyme or reason, and pop back into the middle saying "The way is shut!" Infuriating.
  • xNeros
    xNeros
    ✭✭
    The bug still persists and is making it impossible to progress with the dungeon-quest.

We tried all kinds of different approaches (split up/all stack in the middle/at the entrance/etc.) but there seems to be no workaraound.
    Had to leave and abandon the quest.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - please take a look at this situation!
  • PM_1
    PM_1
    ✭✭
    Had the same issue in Fang Lair, seems to be 'pet' related. Our Nightblades 'shades' were causing the problem. Try using no pets, works fine for us now.
    Xbox1 Eu
  • Desperatu
    Desperatu
    Soul Shriven
    More precisely, it's about immune pets, like shades or netch, so dismiss all un-damageable pets before the fight. Yes fashion pets too.
    The mobs try to target the netch, and since it's labeled immune , they just reset the whole fight.
    A soon as we got rid of all stupid non kill-able pets, it worked just fine.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged.

Ran this tonight and had to restart this fight a few times before it worked

Not sure what caused it but when we fought it away from the door, closer to the exit it worked.
    Edited by Katahdin on June 13, 2018 6:16AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DrinkingKoolaid
    It happened to me last night too, I kept playing with different people, ok the 5th try, it worked. Just pray it doesn't reset.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 months and counting :smile:
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When she says the way is shut, she isn’t kidding.
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    I found two things which cause the reset of FL first boss - Shadowrend set and warden's Netch. So probalby any pet, that cannot be targeted will cause the issue.
    Edited by Gothrock on June 16, 2018 11:41AM
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    This boss again after resetting Fang Lair Vet 3 separate times (with random group from group finder)...we can't get past this stupid boss cuz she resets the wave after the second sometimes the first wave.....its bad enough I have to wait over an hour to find a group willing to do this, but to be unable to complete this dungeon cuz of this bug is b.s.
This discussion has been closed.