Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lore books?

POPSadopalis
POPSadopalis
✭✭
Can anyone tell me if collecting lore books before you initiate the mages guild story line is prorated towards increasing your rank? or no?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are, but not absolutely sure...sorry...
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. If you collect lorebooks before acquiring the Mages Guild skill line, those lorebooks will still count toward the skill line once you unlock it. Your progress is based off of the lorebooks you’ve found organized within Shalidor’s Library (in your Journal).

It works the opposite way for the Fighters Guild though. Killing Undead/Daedra/etc will not level up the Fighters Guild skill line if you have not yet unlocked it.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 1, 2018 6:31AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with vaoh. He’s entirely correct.
  • POPSadopalis
    POPSadopalis
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Yup. If you collect lorebooks before acquiring the Mages Guild skill line, those lorebooks will still count toward the skill line once you unlock it. Your progress is based off of the lorebooks you’ve found organized within Shalidor’s Library (in your Journal).

It works the opposite way for the Fighters Guild though. Killing Undead/Daedra/etc will not level up the Fighters Guild skill line if you have not yet unlocked it. [/quote

Awesome, Thank you!

davey1107 wrote: »
    Agree with vaoh. He’s entirely correct.

Thank you!

I think they are, but not absolutely sure...sorry...

Thank you!
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the double exp events affect lorebook exp?
  • Aeph
    Aeph
    ✭✭✭
    Double XP events don't seem to affect guild skill line XP, no double Mages Guild XP from lore books.