The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

no cp battlegrounds possible?

festher
festher
✭✭
hey im new and only lvl 42 trying to pvp but its to imbalanced. i can stack all the heals my warden got plus som resto heals and still get killed in 2-3 sec.

why is it made like this? why not let lowbies play lowbie-games without having a lvl 300+ or more running around runing the game. i dont want that advancges either when i "grow up"
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs are back to being nCP
    Edited by Minno on March 30, 2018 9:07PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    thats wierd. im in full medium blue/puple gear and 24k hp? only 12k resist tho. dunno if thats bad.

2-3 sec a few dizziegswings and a executioner. i get hit for 5-7k or maybe sometime 2-3k but SO fast.
    Shouldnt 24k hp last me a few more sec?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're level 42, you're in the pre-50 Battlegrounds and are going up against other people that are also below level 50, with no-CP being taken into account while in the battleground (even if other players have max CP on their account). Champion Points don't directly matter in the level 50 bracket anymore either, but you'll still probably want to get to at least 160 (for CP 160 gear) before expecting to be able to do much in the BGs.

Balance is not great in ESO's PvP, even at max level, but it'll probably be a little better than what you're experiencing in the pre-50 games, at least once you have enough experience, proper gear, etc...I've seen some people in the lower bracket that spend many thousands of gold on golding out their weapons, putting together the "right" sets, etc...which will give them a huge leg up on legitimately new players, or those that just craft a little training gear every 10-20 levels or so.

'Course, time-to-kill is still extremely short in most cases in the max level BGs, which is a big gripe of mine. I personally think it's bad for the game, but so was the prevalence of perma-blocking builds with highly stacked defense/healing back when CP did count for a while in BGs. Things need to be "smoothed out" a bit, without damage/healing spikes being as dramatic as they are right now, burst damage is one thing, insta-gibbing is another.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    yea ok thanks for your reply. im in full training gear and will focus on that then. training.

i need better gear, snb on my backbar, vampire and mistform etc. maybe then i can do a bit more than 2 hots and then dead :)