The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug: Rapids Everywhere!

SilentRaven1972
SilentRaven1972
✭✭✭✭
A while back, Rapids was fixed so it didn't hit others not in your group. Now, every time I turn around, I have some form of Rapids on (especially bad with the event). Is this going to be corrected again? Soonish? Please?
"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kind of enjoy getting the free rapids without having to have it slotted. Especially since the event involves so much running around.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bug I do not wish to be fixed. The only bug I don't want to be fixed.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like getting Rapids from others, but I do wish they would fix the problem of it being purgeable. Nothing like trying to get rid of a cold fire burn, but your purge cleanses Rapids instead.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?

Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is true. Apparently, this bug has resurfaced.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they fix when rapids falls off earlier than it should for no bloody good reason. Frickin annoying to be going slow as molasses for no reason whatsoever.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really miss when it was bugged and you could get rapids from a group member across the map. It made it nice for catch up with group in Cyrodiil. I also just miss getting rapids if you aren't in group - it's an incentive for ball groups in Cyrodiil to avoid pug surfing because their mobility becomes unreliable when randoms can start soaking up your rapids and root immunity.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back, Rapids was fixed so it didn't hit others not in your group. Now, every time I turn around, I have some form of Rapids on (especially bad with the event). Is this going to be corrected again? Soonish? Please?
    What reason would you possibly have to not want Rapids shared? It's a bug that's nothing but beneficial to the playerbase. I hope they just leave it this way.
    Edited by itscompton on March 30, 2018 9:58PM
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want it, get it and use it. Other players that don't want it shouldn't have to deal with it. I don't enjoy being hit with rapids at the wrong time and plunging to my death off some high point.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want it, get it and use it. Other players that don't want it shouldn't have to deal with it. I don't enjoy being hit with rapids at the wrong time and plunging to my death off some high point.
    or you could quit riding next to cliffs.

• Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this bug. Better fix the lorebooks
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather they fix when rapids falls off earlier than it should for no bloody good reason. Frickin annoying to be going slow as molasses for no reason whatsoever.

That's because it's being considered a negative effect so it can be purged by Templars, warden, or pvp skill line purge.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    I like getting Rapids from others, but I do wish they would fix the problem of it being purgeable. Nothing like trying to get rid of a cold fire burn, but your purge cleanses Rapids instead.
    That's because it's being considered a negative effect so it can be purged by Templars, warden, or pvp skill line purge.

Let's read the skill description :

Mobilize your forces, granting Major Expedition and Major Gallop to you and your allies, increasing Movement Speed by 30% and Mounted Speed by 30% for 30 seconds.
    Also grants immunity to snares and immobilization.
    The effect ends if you cast any spell on an enemy or an ally.

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

Let's read the skill description :

Mobilize your forces, granting Major Expedition and Major Gallop to you and your allies, increasing Movement Speed by 30% and Mounted Speed by 30% for 30 seconds.
    The effect ends if you cast any spell on an enemy or an ally.

Up until the last patch the only effect that was removed was the immunity to snares and immobilizations, not the major expedition/gallop buff. I've used it thousands of times in combat and farming and never had it purged until this last patch.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until the last patch the only effect that was removed was the immunity to snares and immobilizations, not the major expedition/gallop buff. I've used it thousands of times in combat and farming and never had it purged until this last patch.

This not true. Give me the date of your last patch and i'll find you video footage older than that showing how it has always been.

(i've been providing Retreating Maneuver for my guild group in Cyrodiil for the past 6 months)

You are probably thinking of the Minor Expedition buff from Charging Maneuver :
    The effect ends if you cast any spell on an enemy or an ally, but you gain Minor Expedition, increasing your Movement Speed by 10% for 8 seconds.
    Edited by Aznox on April 3, 2018 4:41PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club