The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PVE Sorc

BoaNoite
BoaNoite
✭✭
For endgame PVE, more importantly vDSA which would be better for DPS a magsorc or a stamsorc and why? thanks
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too general a question. Both can achieve 40k+ dps, it just depends on preferred style of play.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    Too general a question. Both can achieve 40k+ dps, it just depends on preferred style of play.

well a better question to it is what will work better if i was to swap out bars and gear and PVP with it
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoaNoite wrote: »

well a better question to it is what will work better if i was to swap out bars and gear and PVP with it

Its the same answer, depends on playstyle. Magic and stam play very different. Both can be strong in PVE and PVP.

To your original question, I prefer my stam sorc for VDSA. They are quicker and have a little better burst damage. Makes them very good at spawn killing mobs. In both arenas (VSA and VMA), the ability to burst mobs as they spawn has the biggest impact on score. That said, magic sorcs work just fine in VDSA and are perhaps the best class to learn VMA.

In trials, I play stam sorc in the older trials (most fights are stack and burn, and they pull a little more DPS), in newer trials I usually play magic sorc (or magic nightblade these days), they are more survivable and can damage from range. Mechanics require more respect in the newer trials, and stamina is not the best way to learn them.

-Do you want to play at range, perhaps with pets, and use elemental damage (i.e. destro staff)? Play magic.

-Do you want to be more of an in your face melee fighter with blades and a bow? Play stamina.

If you have no idea and want to go with what is generally easier to learn (both new content and playstyle) and manage, Magic is definitely the answer. Magic sorc is the best class IMO to break into end game PVE.

Both will have the same strengths and weaknesses of the sorc class. High stats, *** poor access to buffs, and above average Damage and Survival. Both will also have above average mobility and sustain (especially in content like PVP where Dark Deal makes your bars).
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 30, 2018 8:05PM