Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should drink buffs stack with food buffs?

Anotherone773
Anotherone773
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I dont know of anyone that uses drink buffs for combat. Everyone uses food. It might be used for a few niche builds but its definitely not common. I use drinks for writs and to level provisioning. Other than that, i never bother. I think they would see more use if they could be stacked with food or if their effects were either greatly increased or changed.

Do you think drinks should stack with food?
Edited by Anotherone773 on March 30, 2018 5:08PM

Should drink buffs stack with food buffs? 153 votes

Yes
33%
rikimm16_ESObwc.maneke_ESOGilvothDracaneBarsIselinCarnage2K4clocksstoppePezdestroyer81ElsonsoNyghthowlerdruidicwolficebladessMettaricanaSkillzMFGKemosabe2point0IsmeldaHuineGeorgeBlackGrumpyDucklingBobby_V_Rockit 52 votes
Yes, and their buffs should be increased/changed
8%
Sunradaryl.rasmusenb14_ESODarcyMardinIruil_ESOMicallefAcherationStrider__RoshinAurrynthea_Draketerrordactyl1971Anti_VirusMehrunesFlagonJamelielTensar 13 votes
No its fine as is
49%
sParkSnareashenehb14_ESOArobainLightspeedflashb14_ESOSvenjaMaulkinjedtb16_ESOAllPlayAndNoWorkthomas1970b16_ESOSeptimus_MagnaZiRMJasonSilverSpringtechnohicashigraysrfrogg23Sigma957ToRelaxTaleof2CitiesRagnaroek93Ley 76 votes
No, but their stats should be increased/changed to make them worth considering as an option.
7%
Aldmor13KanarMinalanEmma_OverloadLYESHAMBLESsneakymitchellAzyle1ZeroXFFmartijnlv40CompM4sworir5Tberg725 12 votes
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already combine drinks and food. They have hybrid foods that provide regen + max stats and the numbers are adjusted accordingly.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No its fine as is
    Just imagine having Clockwork Citrus Fillet (a food) with Witchmother's Potent Brew (a drink) at one time.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Back in 2014 they said several times they were going to make it so you could use both. Instead they came up with event recipes that give you something like that.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    lol da ***? drinks are perfectly fine if you need more regen, just because you dont need more regen, doesnt mean they are useless to every other player, unintelligent people
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    No.
    If you could stack the 2 best food and drinks it would be way overpowered. You guys seem to think zos is a group of *** who don't know what they do.
    Edited by TarrNokk on March 30, 2018 5:24PM
  • Diabolus1989
    Diabolus1989
    ✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    If you could stack them then there wouldn't be any incentive to upgrade provisioning for the blue and purple recipes.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it would be absolutely broken to be able to use a food and drink at the same time, drinks absolutely need to be improved. Your max pool of magicka/stamina affects your damage directly, whereas recovery not only does not, but it matters less than your max pool.

Drinks are useless and anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be all about that garlic cod and dubious camoran. Not great for balance tho.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be fun. Alas, would break balance.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like that. Everyone would be strong :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    While it would be absolutely broken to be able to use a food and drink at the same time, drinks absolutely need to be improved. Your max pool of magicka/stamina affects your damage directly, whereas recovery not only does not, but it matters less than your max pool.

Drinks are useless and anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

You must not know that Witchmother's and Dubious are drinks, which I find pretty comical considering your last sentence there.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and their buffs should be increased/changed
    Not a bad idea if the buffs were halved
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Have it so when both of them are up, the buffs are diluted.

But as others have said, event recipes have been taking the place of them.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was the original intent of Provisioning but they scrapped that idea. I personally think Food + Drink would have been a good way for them to go as well but they're the devs.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yup, I could actually feel comfortable using a hybrid.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    Hmm... I don’t know. The way it is now requires some decisions to be made. Would allowing them to stack throw off the game balance too much?

I’ve got food and drink items that both increase my stats, which would be almost an extra 8k health and magicka when combined. That’s a pretty substantial boost.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I´d finally make some drinks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    There is plenty of sustain in the game if you spend some time theorycrafting your character.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    Yest lets just superficially raise the bar so that we can nerf other stuff later. No thank you.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

You must not know that Witchmother's and Dubious are drinks, which I find pretty comical considering your last sentence there.

So your response to me saying drinks are useless is to mention literally the only two that aren't totally useless, and aren't even widely used. Good job I guess?
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Sure why not.
    No. Why?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, but their stats should be increased/changed to make them worth considering as an option.
    Just imagine having Clockwork Citrus Fillet (a food) with Witchmother's Potent Brew (a drink) at one time.

That would go far in undoing some of the sustain nerfs. :lol:

I think everyone would roll provisioning and fish for a living though!

All that leading to; Fishing OP! Pls nerf!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    For those that say that witchmothers and dubious already do this. They do, however you lose a large amount of an important resource to gain a small amount of a not so important one. Recovery rate just isnt a good option when compared to others available for provisioning.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Dubious Camoran Throne is all I use honestly
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes! I never understood why I can't have a meal and a drink active at the same time. It would make so much more sense.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • frausty
    frausty
    ✭✭✭
    No its fine as is
    I'm fine with it but I do think there should be a way to improve recipes - maybe this will be feature in one of the future expansions - food crafting, in the same way that we can combine different strength glyphs in enchanting for instance. That way I may be able to craft a Salmon-Millet Sop that lasts two hours instead of one!
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just the buff to health recovery since you can apply defile and bam you get 200 regen from drinks. Making it pretty bad. ZOS should focus on the green food and drinks. It terrible! Only players who start a game will use that. The stats should be twice as much than the blue provisions. All players use is just blue/purple/gold. Sure there is plenty of diversity meals and drinks out there but if you want to stack a lot in one stat green should be the option.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The holiday food has it covered and they are balanced already.

Seems like green pact + bone pirates + ozorga pie + dubious would be a bit crazy. I’m sure lots of people would come up with better, but you can see where it could go.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This would bring us back to approximately pre-Morrowind sustain. I am all for that!

I think some changes would be needed though, so drinks only gave regen and foods only gave max stats. Then you couldn't stack multiple max stat consumables (would be a little too powerful).
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No its fine as is
    I use duel stat drinks but thats common for stamblade.
    PS4 NA DC