The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Motif Drops

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I’ve been doing Bolgruls daily quest religiously for the past 2 months and got a total of 4 dragur Motifs. WTH?! This grind is terrible terrible. Searching through guild traders gave me eye cancer; I can’t go back to it.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the exact same experience. Miraculously, the pages are only 7k - 15k on guild stores when you can find them. With the insane low drop rate, I'm not sure why they are priced so low.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks. Don't forget that the mages guild and fighters guild dailies also drop the motif.

Also... next week I expect the anniversary event will start. Last year doing daily quests got reward boxes. If it is the same this year then expect to see a lot more motifs in guild traders next week.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip. I didn’t know those ones dropped any motifs....because I’ve never got one from them.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep....it does state they drop from the Mages and Fighter's dailies as well....but I've never seen one drop from there either.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to obtain different motifs doing dailies, public dungeons, chests, stealing. Only a very patient person can collect motifs this way, as the drop is really frustrating. On the other hand, if we look into the guild stores, the drop seems to be just fine as they are full of motifs. So, for a single person a drop is bad, but an overall drop is good. Don't think there will be any adjustments letting a single person to collect all the motifs in a comfortable way. MMO game needs economy, you know.
    So, I just save money and buy pages. And oh, I wish ESO was not a MMO, but a great single player game...
    Edited by myskyrim26 on March 30, 2018 7:04PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On console. Searching traders for motifs will make your eyes bleed.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue on Xbox EU, get lots of Pristine Shroud's but only 5 pages of Dragur Motif since they started doing the FG/MG/Bolgrul Dailies for it. That's 5 in total with all 8 of my Characters combined. I thought I just had really bad luck as I need some for some Master Writs.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed the same boss in a wrothgar pub delve, 8 hours of farming killing every 5-7min = 2 motiffs
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I don't depend on the Motif drop count, mostly I try to buy everything.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU