The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Every time i equip body tattoos, my lizard takes a bath in cheeto dust

jokeaccount
jokeaccount
✭✭✭
Just got the morag tong tattoos yesterday and was excited to try them on, but they turn my green argonian's skin a weird pinkish-orange color from head to toe.

I've only seen like one other person report this problem (on reddit), and I've also seen a lot of screenshots online of argonians wearing body tats with no issues, so i'm wondering if it's something on my end?
Edited by jokeaccount on June 15, 2018 12:21AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the curse of the Argonians. You must find the missing gold coin return it to the temple coffer and shed the blod of a man named Turner. Only then can you fully enjoy the game again.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    h e c k

now i have to decide if i want to look green and boring or like a tattooed chester cheetah
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with argonian and Khajiit are that when you create the character you chose a skin/fur pattern. This is the same thing the tattoo layer is on, somwhen you apply a tattoo you lose the skin texture and gain the tattoo.

On some characters it’s severe. One of my Khajiit has orange and black tiger strips...the tattoos remove the stripes so he becomes an orange cat with tattoos. Another has a lighter gray texture to his fur, so when I apply a tattoo he goes from like thundercloud gray or dark, dark grey.

There’s no fix...the game can’t currently support multiple body textures on a character.

Of course, your issue sounds a bit more extreme. I’m not sure why your character would be such a different color underneath. It’s possible that you chose orangish skin with the totally,different texture overlaid, but I’m not sure the character creator works like that.