The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance War PvP objectives idea

Maura_Neysa
Maura_Neysa
✭✭✭✭✭
I have an idea for something to help expand the Alliance War. I think it would be easy to implement and would only be a same change. I think though it would help open up the map a lot.
Add a flag outside each Delve.
    Delve Flag features
  • This flag would not have any Alliance aligned NPC on it.
  • All that is needed to take control of the flag would be for all of the delve bosses to be dead. Then, just the standard flag flip timing.
  • You also could take the flag away from an Alliance with just the standard flag flip timing. You could link this to causing the bosses to respawn. That way you aren't just standing in the delve. If all you want to do is take it away, its quick and easy. If you want to capture it yourself, there is work, but not wasted time.
  • This flags are worth none/marginal AP. After all you are probably about to go get your 10% buff.
  • This flags WOULD count as part of the the Campaign points. Making them low priority to AP farmers, but worth more to War Efforts
Why do I think this would help?
- Delves are not zerg friendly. Bosses don't have enough HP to last any time against more then like 4 good players
- There are a lot of Delves spread out across the map. Creating whole new "commonly traveled paths"
- Small groups of average players could have big impacts on the War by capturing these objectives.
- Great players would have more access to 1vX situations (not 1vZerg)
- There is a lot of amazing map that Devs have already put the work into creating.
- (Optional idea) Tie in control of a region to control the Delves. Say for example the travel roots between Brindle + Ash/Roebeck, Draklowe + BRK/Alessia, Dragonclaw + Chalman/Alswell or adding in locks to the Fast Travel paths between Ash+Alswell, Chalman+BRK, Alessa+Roebeck. Just to give it some active effect beyond just point scoring.

There is just so much more map then is actually used in everyday PvP
Cyrodiil-Mundus.jpg
Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 30, 2018 7:46AM
Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
Major
Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
Warden 2x Bow DPS
Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
Others
PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Alliance War PvP objectives idea 7 votes

This is a great idea. ZoS please take note.
28%
wsmith97ub17_ESOAnkael07 2 votes
This is just another add Flags idea. This horse is black and blue and dead
42%
SugaComaSkanderWildRaptorX 3 votes
I like where this is going, but......
28%
pieratsosFyaal 2 votes
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ... No

What cyrodil needs is a smaller map a a challenge campaign where guilds can challenge each other ... You then all spawn timer starts and most points end of four hours wins

Same scoring as campaign ... No achievements to stop it becoming about making Emps
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SugaComa

Pulled this off of a post on another thread I was making. Sort of like the idea and would help out dead campaigns...
    Actually I would prefer it went to RNG. Instead of everyone piling into one campaign, how about if it filled people into 1 of 2 or 3 based on keeping the population even.
    This would help with lag. As it wouldnt tax the servers as badly. It would hopefully help cut down on the Troll zone chat, just because the Trolls wouldn't always be pair up anymore. You could still PvP with your friends/Guild by grouping from outside so that you travel into the campaign your group is already in.
    Personally I dont see much of a difference behind why 30 day vs 7 day campaign anyway, other than reducing the time you have to wait if you want to push for Emp when someone has a serious lead.

The major flaw I see with the idea is... I dont want to see 4 dead campaigns. At least right now during off times, you can still count on decent activity in one campaign.
    It would need something like map scaling too. Like if the population is under 2 bars, then home keeps arn't capture-able. If its under 1 bar only IC is available (Yes this doesn't work since IC is DLC)
    Could also tie the Home Keep NPC strength to Server population. Making those significantly hard to take, which would encourage people to fight stay more with the Emp Keeps. Or even NPC taking keeps after (x) amount of time, the NPC move to talk Home Keeps or even all Keeps out to the Outposts back. Something like once ever 2 hours they will pick One (or one level), which can be reset by wiping out the NPC before they can flip the flag. Maybe 50 NPC with like 5 siege.
    (Totally veered off topic there, sorry for that)

Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SugaComa

Pulled this off of a post on another thread I was making. Sort of like the idea and would help out dead campaigns...
    Actually I would prefer it went to RNG. Instead of everyone piling into one campaign, how about if it filled people into 1 of 2 or 3 based on keeping the population even.
    This would help with lag. As it wouldnt tax the servers as badly. It would hopefully help cut down on the Troll zone chat, just because the Trolls wouldn't always be pair up anymore. You could still PvP with your friends/Guild by grouping from outside so that you travel into the campaign your group is already in.
    Personally I dont see much of a difference behind why 30 day vs 7 day campaign anyway, other than reducing the time you have to wait if you want to push for Emp when someone has a serious lead.

The major flaw I see with the idea is... I dont want to see 4 dead campaigns. At least right now during off times, you can still count on decent activity in one campaign.
    It would need something like map scaling too. Like if the population is under 2 bars, then home keeps arn't capture-able. If its under 1 bar only IC is available (Yes this doesn't work since IC is DLC)
    Could also tie the Home Keep NPC strength to Server population. Making those significantly hard to take, which would encourage people to fight stay more with the Emp Keeps. Or even NPC taking keeps after (x) amount of time, the NPC move to talk Home Keeps or even all Keeps out to the Outposts back. Something like once ever 2 hours they will pick One (or one level), which can be reset by wiping out the NPC before they can flip the flag. Maybe 50 NPC with like 5 siege.
    (Totally veered off topic there, sorry for that)

Interesting idea
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking all the active delve bosses or just all the delve bosses? Because some of those Cyrodiil delve bosses have some absurd respawn timers.

At that point, it'd be easier to just make them mini-flags with 3 guards like the IC flags.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking all the active delve bosses or just all the delve bosses? Because some of those Cyrodiil delve bosses have some absurd respawn timers.

At that point, it'd be easier to just make them mini-flags with 3 guards like the IC flags.

Flag would be per delves. 1 flag controlled by 1 delve. Also it wouldn’t require you to kill the boss, just that it be dead. So if you come across a delve and one boss is dead and you kill the other, the flag is open to be flipped. Alternatively, takening the flag away from an alliance would auto spawn all the bosses instantly.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others