The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warden Budding Seeds Skill

abelsgmx
abelsgmx
✭✭✭
You think this skill morph would be better if it were a Heal Over Time skill? All warden heal skills are instant heal
Edited by abelsgmx on March 30, 2018 7:31AM

Warden Budding Seeds Skill 32 votes

Yes, would be great...
43%
AurielleLiofaMilwaukeeScottSnowZeniaabelsgmxJackSmirkingRevengeAki-RalNelson_RebelofSunholdWrathOfInnosWildRaptorXJobooAGSweedgeniuswhteva4eva 14 votes
No,, It's fine as it is...
56%
TryxuskojouLynx7386Wolfchild07Taleof2CitiespaulsimonpsCinbriBrrrofskiIV_DeitySilver_StriderCadaCosaTasearWhite wabbitSydneyGreyJierdanitLanceFoxMcCloudRiskyChalice863Argonianwerecroc212 18 votes
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it ought to be a hot, that would just be a 6 second copy of Templars cleansing ritual, what I would want is budding seeds to last for 12 seconds, with the machanics that are the way they are now. Double cast group burst heal. That would make it so much easier to manage. I would actually use it on my warden. Six seconds is just too short to keep up. The other morph ought to stay six seconds though.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 30, 2018 9:27AM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeds offer a HoT through the Harvest synergy

Also, the Healing Thicket ultimate and Nature's Grasp skill are HoT abilities
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I think it's ok as it is.

Corrupting Pollen is already super strong in pvp, doesn't need anymore buffing.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

I think I've never seen Nature's Grip in use. It has great healing capabilities but the mechanic behind the skill is awful and clunky.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, it shouldn't be a HOT, instead it should go off when you recast it instead of having a additional GCD.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrupting Pollen. maybe if you removed the burst at the end, I could see it working there. I certainly dont run Corrupting for its Heal, so how its Heal happens I could see changing. Though I don't think it NEEDS to change.
    What I would find interesting though would be if Budding Seeds was a single cast burst, and Corrupting was a HoT. I find Budding a little clunky. Its the Warden's answer to BoL only it requires both accuracy and double casting. If they did this though I think they need to add a 6 second Buff and leave the Synergy in. (Minor Vitality? Lore friendly, though 3 classes have access to it)
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I think I've never seen Nature's Grip in use. It has great healing capabilities but the mechanic behind the skill is awful and clunky.

I use it in PvP on my Warden tank. I pull myself to a friendly at the front line. Give them heals and start CCing to get the pressure off of them. Situational however, it trades places with Frost Destructive Reach and Frozen gate, with Reach being my preferred. Its also very handy Off Tanking HoF. Hop down to help the Main Tank with no running around to get back up, just find a friendly and jump.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just needs a longer duration, 12 seconds imo
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is actually the way for a MagDen to have mobility in PvP. At least without going vampire for Mist Form
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nature’s grip is amazing. You are playing with the wrong magdens if it isn’t being used ;)

The HoT morph activates the resource regen passive helping hands for each tic.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Nature’s grip is amazing. You are playing with the wrong magdens if it isn’t being used ;)

*if you actually heal someone.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is actually the way for a MagDen to have mobility in PvP. At least without going vampire for Mist Form

Umm.... Bird of Prey? Major Expedition, Major Endurance, Minor Berserk... Nope mobility check sat.

Considering its a target locked teleport, I think the "If" part is covered. You'll know if it connected and its going to heal when it does. The only "If" would be "If you're willing to teleport to wherever that person with low health is"
    You basically just say "If your Mutagen healed someone" same difference.

Now I run Leeching Vines for those resources, which actually is an "If" Honestly though, its got pretty good up time, as long as I'm making sure its going to someone besides me. Luckily everyone loves DoTs and poisons. Every poison tick is resources for me.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 31, 2018 4:13AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For me the skill is crap. My level 50 Magden isn't using it at all. Clunky and useless. There are much better skills that can be applied easier and overall do the job better.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allies inside should take like 15% less damage from AoEs. Just like that, 1 trial spot will be guaranteed for a WARDEN healer.

Rn it’s still always 2x Templars unless someone wants to be a “non-Templar” to feel special once in awhile.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the skill as it is, although I won't complain if they increase the duration as that's my only real gripe with the skill.
    Argonian forever
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Umm.... Bird of Prey? Major Expedition, Major Endurance, Minor Berserk... Nope mobility check sat.

Considering its a target locked teleport, I think the "If" part is covered. You'll know if it connected and its going to heal when it does. The only "If" would be "If you're willing to teleport to wherever that person with low health is"

Now I run Leeching Vines for those resources, which actually is an "If" Honestly though, its got pretty good up time, as long as I'm making sure its going to someone besides me. Luckily everyone loves DoTs and poisons. Every poison tick is resources for me.

I am aware, I really believe you and all the people that espouse the value of this passive REALLY overestimate the amount you get back. I use leeching on my warden tank and the return from this passive is like 60 regen, at best.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am aware, I really believe you and all the people that espouse the value of this passive REALLY overestimate the amount you get back. I use leeching on my warden tank and the return from this passive is like 60 regen, at best.

If only that Combat Metric add on that is so staple to the PC world included those items too. Its hard to say on console, because while I can see my Heals lighting up all over the place. Someone pointed out, the Life Steal Portion of Leeching might not count since Life Steal is a debuff. I've always doubted that since it applies that green aura to any enemies its proc'd on. It is however also hard to judge what is Constitution and what is Nature's Gift. I just know that with Leeching, Stamina managment is a breeze. Without it though, I'm soon down to relying on that Netch 0.5sec return rate.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If only that Combat Metric add on that is so staple to the PC world included those items too. Its hard to say on console, because while I can see my Heals lighting up all over the place. Someone pointed out, the Life Steal Portion of Leeching might not count since Life Steal is a debuff. I've always doubted that since it applies that green aura to any enemies its proc'd on. It is however also hard to judge what is Constitution and what is Nature's Gift. I just know that with Leeching, Stamina managment is a breeze. Without it though, I'm soon down to relying on that Netch 0.5sec return rate.

The combat metrics does track resourse return and I can say for sure that The lifesteal does not proc the passive. I always check after and I could show you. You really ought to have netch going 100% of the time anyway, literally no down side to it.

Maybe instead of pineing for combat metrics, you ought to just join the master race and be part of the best way to play the game.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The combat metrics does track resourse return and I can say for sure that The lifesteal does not proc the passive. I always check after and I could show you. You really ought to have netch going 100% of the time anyway, literally no down side to it.

Maybe instead of pineing for combat metrics, you ought to just join the master race and be part of the best way to play the game.

No thanks, the Master Race comes with a metric ton of bugs and issues and cheating.
    - Maits (or whatever) Straight up cheating. Something that tells you something is about to happen even though you shouldn't be able to tell its coming.
    - Purge now! Also cheating, more forgivable after all the effect is there to see, that one is just dumbing it down.

Used to play PC, got tired of the thing being worthless every 2 years, because either A-it was outdated or B-I thrashed it again, after another Blue Screen. Xbox may not be as pretty, but at least it always runs.
    So you are saying you can see for a fact that you are only getting 60? 60/sec? All I see in what people post is that overall Drain and Return stat, that doesn't tell you what is draining and what is returning.

Note: Not saying that issues and bugs and cheating dont exist on console. Just saying it isn't enough to *** me off, and its stopped quick. Cryodiil Self respawn, lasted under a month.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your logic is funny to me, especially the "cheating" stuff, but this is just factually wrong-
    .worthless every 2 years,

I am still using a 2500k, a cpu that came out in 2011 on my main pc. With a couple of sli 970s that I picked up for 200$ a piece 2 years ago. This set up runs the game at 60fps at 5760x1080 at max, I run the game in Nvidia surround. But that is not even close to what you need to run the get 60 fps. I have a secondary PC that I built for my gf and it uses a i5-650, a cpu from 2010, one that is only a dual core with hyper threading and my very first GPU I ever bought, a 550ti from 2011, it runs the game at 1920x1080 on medium with 45 -60 fps easy. There is a in-game fps counter that shows this, along with a in-game ping display. This is the Beauty of PC's I will be able to play the game on just about any hardware I have laying about, till they shut the severs down. You are locked into either the PlayStation or Xbox.

I have been playing the ESO almost exclusively since Feb 2015, I don't know what you are referring to when you say "metric ton of bugs and issues", the game has always ran great for me, nothing ever game breaking has occurred to me.

It just occurred to me that there is a bug that you made me find, though it is not game breaking but the way artic blast and gripping shards proc chilled not at 1% base. So there is that I suppose.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 31, 2018 6:21AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your logic is funny to me, especially the "cheating" stuff, but this is just factually wrong-
    .worthless every 2 years,

I am still using a 2500k, a cpu that came out in 2011 on my main pc. With a couple of sli 970s that I picked up for 200$ a piece 2 years ago. This set up runs the game at 60fps at 5760x1080 at max, I run the game in Nvidia surround. But that is not even close to what you need to run the get 60 fps. I have a secondary PC that I built for my gf and it uses a i5-650, a cpu from 2010, one that is only a dual core with hyper threading and my very first GPU I ever bought, a 550ti from 2011, it runs the game at 1920x1080 on medium with 45 -60 fps easy. There is a in-game fps counter that shows this, along with a in-game ping display. This is the Beauty of PC's I will be able to play the game on just about any hardware I have laying about, till they shut the severs down. You are locked into either the PlayStation or Xbox.

I have been playing the ESO almost exclusively since Feb 2015, I don't know what you are referring to when you say "metric ton of bugs and issues", the game has always ran great for me, nothing ever game breaking has occurred to me.

It just occurred to me that there is a bug that you made me find, though it is not game breaking but the way artic blast and gripping shards proc chilled not at 1% base. So there is that I suppose.

Not talking game bugs, I'm talking about system bugs. Besides if you only know of those two bugs in game, that's some serious blinders. Even if you only limit the whole game down to Wardens, still serious blinders. Fletch Direct Damage, Eternal Guardian, using frigging doors!

Besides it sounds like you put a whole lot of work into those 2 PCs. I'm not interested in taking on a second job repairing computers. The last one I built was in 2006, it didn't make it to 2008 before it couldn't handle Star Wars Galaxies any more. Don't get me wrong, it still runs, its still the only PC I own, it also only gets turned on once a year for taxes. Mean while that same Xbox360, the white one with known issues, still lasted me 10 years. Even then what was "wrong" with it was just that somehow it was draining the controller battery in under 5 minutes. New batteries new control didn't fix it.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bird of Prey doesn't immediately pull you out of harm's way while healing you, nor does it reduce damage and make you CC immune. It's pretty good on a StamDen, but for a MagDen it's def the worst option out of the 3
    Edited by Tryxus on March 31, 2018 8:22AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides it sounds like you put a whole lot of work into those 2 PCs. I'm not interested in taking on a second job repairing computers

Besides if you only know of those two bugs in game, that's some serious blinders

Edit: you are not worth it.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 31, 2018 8:44AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, would be great...
    Re: the OP: yeah, I wouldn't mind it if one of the morphs were a HoT. Sure, it would be very similar to the Templar's AOE HoT, but the synergy would still differentiate the two enough IMO. Perhaps if the skill were changed to a HoT, the synergy could be changed to a burst heal. I used to use Budding Seeds as an emergency "oh s$&@" burst heal, but keeping it up all the time is a pain. Alternatively, a longer duration on the current skill would be better. Less constant refreshing, or seeing the burst fire off when everyone's at full health.

I've only ever seen people using Nature's Grip to get over that dangerous gap to the chests in Vaults of Madness, haha.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides it sounds like you put a whole lot of work into those 2 PCs. I'm not interested in taking on a second job repairing computers

Besides if you only know of those two bugs in game, that's some serious blinders

Edit: you are not worth it.

LMAO Fair enough.
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Re: the OP: yeah, I wouldn't mind it if one of the morphs were a HoT. Sure, it would be very similar to the Templar's AOE HoT, but the synergy would still differentiate the two enough IMO. Perhaps if the skill were changed to a HoT, the synergy could be changed to a burst heal. I used to use Budding Seeds as an emergency "oh s$&@" burst heal, but keeping it up all the time is a pain. Alternatively, a longer duration on the current skill would be better. Less constant refreshing, or seeing the burst fire off when everyone's at full health.

I've only ever seen people using Nature's Grip to get over that dangerous gap to the chests in Vaults of Madness, haha.

I'll use it in PvP on my tank, so I can get to the front line and start soaking up some of that damage that was aimed at who ever I jumped too.
    I'll also slot it Off-Tanking HoF as it makes an easy way to get back up top if I had to jump down to because the Main Tank went down. For more efficient then running all the way around to the back stairs
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, would be great...
    In its current form it's about as useless as Templar's healing ritual. Nobody wants a delayed burst heal.

I've seen some spamming it for a heal every 2s instead of every 6, but this just results in less healing than healing springs.

The only thing it has going for it right now is the synergy, which the tank can use to self-heal and proc Alkosh in coordinated groups. In random groups, however, it is rarely synergized.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 31, 2018 9:24PM
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, would be great...
    In its current form it's about as useless as Templar's healing ritual. Nobody wants a delayed burst heal.

I've seen some spamming it for a heal every 2s instead of every 6, but this just results in less healing than healing springs.

The only thing it has going for it right now is the synergy, which the tank can use to self-heal and proc Alkosh in coordinated groups. In random groups, however, it is rarely synergized.

You, you are right, I posted this thinking in PUG's and how hard is keeping alive a party in vet II dungeons
    Edited by abelsgmx on April 3, 2018 5:36PM