The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Not able to participate in Jesters Festival Quest

Idontknow91
Idontknow91
✭✭✭
My friend isn't able to participate in the Jester's festival quest. It gives him the message, "This quest has already been completed" on all of his characters, but he hasn't done any of the quests since last Jester's Festival. Can you help me solve this issue? We really want to farm that Dubious Recipe.

We've tried these resolutions with no success:
1. Abandoning the quest and repurchasing it from the crownstore
2. Sharing it from my character to his while in a group.
3. Checking all of his characters to see if the problem would subside, but it didn't.

• Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, I think a moderator's touch may be necessary for this one?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just means he can't do the starter quest, because it's not repeatable. He can go directly to any of the 3 Jester's tents and pick up the repeatable quests without issues.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Really, thank you! We'll try that. Is that a common issue known to happen?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clareno88 wrote: »

Yes. You only have to do the starting quest the first time.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clareno88 wrote: »

It's not an issue, it's intended. The intro quest is to explain that the Jester's Festival exists, and tells you where to go to celebrate it. Like other tutorial type quests, you can only do them once per character.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Got it. Awesome, thank you!