The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone have any good temp tank builds

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
Anyone have links or have a ny suggestions i don't even know how to tank
Edited by Sawzallz on March 29, 2018 4:32PM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try out alcasts homepage, probably he already uploaded a new templar tank build and guide. Otherwise look out on youtube for sherman gaming, i think he may have what you look for, since he plays templar a lot as a tank.
    In my opinion you can run the same sets as other tanks on a templar. But i recommend having an ice staff on one bar. Dk and warden tanks are popular, since they can regenerate stamina while blocking. On a templar, you can restore magicka while blocking with an ice staff. Also elemental blockade is your best crowd control skill with a templar, since you are able to slow down enemies, root them and apply minor maim with only that skill. You also can support your group with elemental drain, which again helps your magicka sustain. Very important is the skill rune focus, which gives you ressistances and the magicka return. The rest is pretty similar to other tanks: puncture, low slash, inner fire, blazing shirld or bone shield as damage shield...
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won’t dissuade you from starting your tanking experience with a Templar, but I’ll warn you: templar tanks are much harder to do well with right now than DKs (or Wardens, if you have Morrowind). So it’s up to you whether you want to try diving into the deep end right away and struggle to stay afloat but come out really understanding tanking, or working your way there more slowly by first becoming good at a more optimized class and once you more thoroughly understand the role’s principles moving onto classes where it’s harder to put those principles into practice.

If you start tanking as a Templar, though, some tips that can help you out:
    1. Have an Aedric spear ability on both bars for the 15% melee damage reduction. Radiant ward and luminous shards are good to have. Empowering sweep is another potent option for larger trash pulls
    2. Use the Swarm Mother monster set for stacking adds. Throw a luminous shard on groups of mobs when entering a fight to grab their aggro, then block so they all get pulled to you.
    3. If you can stay relatively stationary, channeled focus gives two resistance buffs and good mag regen.
    4. Templars have no skills or passives that allow them to get any significant amount of stamina back while blocking. To be able to sustain your stamina pool while blocking and using stamina abilities, do as many heavy attacks as you can. You might also need tripots and shards/orbs from your healer. If you play as an argonian, their racial passive also give you resources back. Wearing sturdy traits on your gear, putting CP into shadow ward, and using block cost reduction or feat cost reduction enchants can also help your sustain.

If you have any specific questions I’m happy to do my best to answer them, but those can hopefully get you started if you choose to make a tankplar.