The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

jewelry crafting: improving existing jewelry

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought i remember that they said you can not only craft jewelry and change traits but also improve existing jewelry - if that is correct i assume this would mean all jewelry from any set not just the once craftet? That would be quite neat...
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be asinine to release jewelry crafting and new jewelry traits without allowing the changing of previously existing jewelry item traits.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they would limit it to crafted jewellery in order to maintain the uniqueness of gold trial jewellery and golden vendor jewellery. But it looks like you'll be able to upgrade anything, which is great.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 29, 2018 7:09AM
  • dekzz
    dekzz
    ✭✭
    Im HONESTLY hoping that the improvement will only work on craftable jewelry and NOT on the trial/dungeon drops. Or at least not trial ones. Even if we ignore the spit in the face to everyone who actually worked hard and finished vet trials (multiple times), that would just remove any kind of end game chase and gear grind.

Next chapter we could craft maelstrom and master weapons and we're all set ! -.-
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume it's full crafting like the other lines.

It would be odd (and confusing) to start having special rules for one crafting line vs the others. You're still going to need to find and research the new traits before you can transmute them any way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they would limit it to crafted jewellery in order to maintain the uniqueness of gold trial jewellery and golden vendor jewellery. But it looks like you'll be able to upgrade anything, which is great.

Why do I hear the squeals already in my head from the people that come to realize they paid so much gold from the vendors when they could have waited to upgrade instead.

Of course it remains to be seen exactly how it will work. Or in you can use Transmutation to change existing traits on pieces.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dekzz wrote: »
    Im HONESTLY hoping that the improvement will only work on craftable jewelry and NOT on the trial/dungeon drops. Or at least not trial ones. Even if we ignore the spit in the face to everyone who actually worked hard and finished vet trials (multiple times), that would just remove any kind of end game chase and gear grind.

Next chapter we could craft maelstrom and master weapons and we're all set ! -.-

Less than 1% of players ran vet HM trials. And those that did got their gold jewellery pretty quickly. It wasn't a very long gear grind, nor did many people participate in it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

Why do I hear the squeals already in my head from the people that come to realize they paid so much gold from the vendors when they could have waited to upgrade instead.

Of course it remains to be seen exactly how it will work. Or in you can use Transmutation to change existing traits on pieces.
    There's nothing to say that the upgrade costs won't be more expensive than purchased jewellery, depending on rarity of the tempers it could be anything from 50k to 500k to make something gold.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on clarification if we can transmute jewelry and if droppable sets affect in any way.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only use dropped sets so if you can't upgrade everything to gold there's no point in me ever using the feature.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best solution IMO:

- u can craft ALL jewelry Ingo gold ones - the Material to doing so is only dropped in vet trials (u can sell/buy it).

Win win
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Best solution IMO:

- u can craft ALL jewelry Ingo gold ones - the Material to doing so is only dropped in vet trials (u can sell/buy it).

Win win

Most likely you'll be able to obtain the temper from refining whatever raw materials are required for crafting jewelry. The main draw of doing vet Trials than would be to decon the gold jewelry you get for better/more chances at these Tempers, which isn't much incentive to do vet trials but honestly, there isn't much incentive to run trials once you fully gear out your character(s) either other than killing time and motif farming (of which Celestial and Dro-m'Thra have been farmed to death anyways that the markets overflow with them, even after the nerf)
    Argonian forever
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dekzz wrote: »

Really? Get off your elitist high horse! I was playing this game when there were still VR ranks and you had to grind each and every toon from 0-VR16 and each and every CP you had cost the same..do the changes they have made since devalue that earlier time of mine spent? Not in the least. Believe it or not there are people who are perfectly fine doing normal trials running whatever gear and skills they want, but detest doing vet trials because they dont want to play inside the very limited skills and sets they are required to run there.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe only be able to upgrade dungeon/trials jewerly if you have respective dung/trial vet achievement...
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language