The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion for outfit system

thomas1970b16_ESO
thomas1970b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Since the launch of the outfit system it is quite hard to sell crafting style materials.

My suggestion is to, instead of golf cost, to be able to change style in outfit system by using an appropriaty style material.

That would give some options and also keep the materials in the market.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, too, have seen a decline in sales of style mats. While your suggestion of using the materials to change the style of items in the outfit station holds merit, and is one that many other people have also requested, I don't see it being implemented due to the gold sink that was purposefully created by outfits. Removing the gold sink would be counter intuitive to the whole design of the outfit station as implemented.

One option I would personally like to see installed, and one that I think could be done relatively painlessly with future updates, would be to require more style items for furnishing creation.

Look what happened with the increased presence of Hlaalu furnishing plans in the market. Refined bonemold resin price skyrocketed as more people suddenly had the ability to craft Hlaalu furnishings that required it. New furnishings could be added that would be style-specific (if in name only) that could require lion fangs (Daggerfall Covenant) or eagle feathers (Aldmeri Dominion).

Now do I want a Dro m'Athra candlestick to require 12 defiled whiskers? Absolutely not! But, I do think a single style mat for small house items, up to possibly three for large housing items would actually help put more emphasis back on style mats, without pricing them out of the ballpark for people who still need them to craft gear the traditional way and/or for master writs.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    ....require more style items for furnishing creation....

No thanks. Asking ZoS to make things more expensive is just dumb. Why would you want that? Just because you want to be able to sell style mats for a little more?

Transmutation slashed the price of perfect trait gear, so is your next suggestion to make it cost 100 crystals to transmute?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I tried to buy as much of the Bonemold Resin as I could at 3k or less as I knew it'd go up with the update. Now, I see it at 10k and up - no way am I gonna spend that much on one piece. Some of the plans require 20 of the style mat, so 200k+ to craft the gong? Not sure anyone would pay 200k+ for the finished product.

People love to charge crafters a premium for mats, but they sure don't want to pay what it then actually costs a crafter to make something.

I'm all for the idea of having new furnishings use some of the newer style mats, but 20 bonemold resin to craft one piece of furniture is a little ridiculous considering how hard these are to come by. Sure, if you get Defiler gear, you can decon it for a chance, but it's only a chance, and I deconned about 6 or so pieces I had and only got 1. The other way is to pickpocket NPCs in Vvardenfell to get 10 unrefined pieces to refine into 1 resin.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    ....require more style items for furnishing creation....

No thanks. Asking ZoS to make things more expensive is just dumb. Why would you want that? Just because you want to be able to sell style mats for a little more?

Transmutation slashed the price of perfect trait gear, so is your next suggestion to make it cost 100 crystals to transmute?

Not what I wanted at all. If you look at the body of my post, and not just the little excerpt you quoted, I wanted more varieties of style mats to be used for furnishing, not more quantity of each. I even stressed that in my last paragraph...
    ...do I want a Dro m'Athra candlestick to require 12 defiled whiskers? Absolutely not! But, I do think a single style mat for small house items, up to possibly three for large housing items would actually help put more emphasis back on style mats...

I'm not advocating to increase the number of style mats required, just the variety of style mats included in the furnishing process. I am in full agreement with @Jayne_Doe that 20 bonemold resin for whatever Hlaalu piece requires it, or 20 nickel for a single baked potato is downright ludicrous. But a single polished shilling for an Abah's Watch nightstand, or two tenebrous cords for an Ebonshadow tapestry I think would be just right.

Edit for spelling.
    Edited by Feric51 on March 27, 2018 7:00PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)