The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enjoy Frivolous Fun During the Jester’s Festival Event!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Enjoy Frivolous Fun During the Jester’s Festival Event! The Jester's Festival begins on Thursday, March 29 at 10:00AM EDT and will run until Monday, April 2 at 10:00AM EDT. Check out this article for everything you need to know in order to participate in the peculiar and preposterous fun!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the eso anniversary event start soon after the Jester's festival is over, hence the short duration of the event?
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    why so much shorter than last year?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the eso anniversary event start soon after the Jester's festival is over, hence the short duration of the event?

I'm expecting the anniversary event on the 4th, and hopefully it will last 2 weeks.

FYI, if anyone is planning on making a forest in their home I love the Jester's festival tree's. They have a falling blossom animation that looks great if you have a lot of tree's blossoming at once.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta keep dubious recipe at a premium price :wink:
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajcorbell wrote: »

Probably based on some sort of statistical analysis that shows most players stop doing event-related events within a couple days and just use these events as a way to grind xp with the bonus.

In all honesty, the Jester's Festival was the easiest of all the "Holiday" events for me to acquire all the achievements and special items. Do I wish I would have farmed it more last year for Dubious recipes? You bet! But, from what I recall, I spent about 2 evenings running the quests on all my characters, got the achievements on my main, then just levels alts with the xp bonus during the rest of the time.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajcorbell wrote: »
    Yeah kind of bummed about that myself as I am away for the holiday weekend. Will basically get Thursday night to play and that's it. :confused:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm taking Thursday and Friday off.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I hope its enough time to get the dubious recipe!
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each day, you can talk to one of the Jesters to receive a unique daily task. Upon completion, you'll receive the Jester's Fesitval Box.

Does it just sound like it or are we actually not able to do 3 quests per day per character anymore?

And another question to this:
    Finally, during the event, you can also acquire Jester's Large (15,000 gold) and Small Trees (5,000 gold) from the Achievement Vendor, Heralda Garscroft, found in Alliance Capitals.

Does that mean the tree furnishings are removed from the vendor after the festival period? Haven't they been there all the year for purchase as long as the festival achievements were completed?

The article is a bit confusing to me.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    Does that mean the tree furnishings are removed from the vendor after the festival period? Haven't they been there all the year for purchase as long as the festival achievements were completed?

I think (and I could be wrong) that is just their awkward way of saying you can only get the achievement required to buy the trees during the event.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New Recipe for Jester's Pavilion furnishing, allowing you build your own pavilion tent!

One of the ingredients to make this should be the banners... :)
  • ZOS_DominicD
    ZOS_DominicD
    admin
    feyii wrote: »
    Each day, you can talk to one of the Jesters to receive a unique daily task. Upon completion, you'll receive the Jester's Fesitval Box.

Does it just sound like it or are we actually not able to do 3 quests per day per character anymore?

And another question to this:
    Finally, during the event, you can also acquire Jester's Large (15,000 gold) and Small Trees (5,000 gold) from the Achievement Vendor, Heralda Garscroft, found in Alliance Capitals.

Sorry about the confusion! We were a little imprecise.

You can definitely do 3 quests per day per character.

Technically, you can purchase the trees from the vendor at any time, but you can only get the Achievements required to purchase the trees during the event.

Just in case you don't have enough Gold during the event period, we allow you to buy the Achievement items like these trees at any time.
    Dominic Davies
    Web Content Editor - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not really that bothered by the festival last year. However the anniversary one was awesome and the double xp one was great. I really hope they don’t shorten the times on them.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    New Recipe for Jester's Pavilion furnishing, allowing you build your own pavilion tent!

One of the ingredients to make this should be the banners... :)

Oh gods, the banners! I had actually forgotten about those. I probably destroyed 50 of them last year, and still have dozens in one of the free inn rooms.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 days ? Wow, that's.... short ! :/
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My pig! Where is my pig???!"

Love this event! :lol:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The event is short and takes place during a holiday weekend. Why not start it a few days earlier?
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I have Friday off, otherwise, just Thursday evening and the weekend seems pretty short. But, I did get all the achieves last year on my main, as well as all the recipes, so I'm really just shooting for the new items this year, esp. the tent plan.

While the quests were fun the first time around, they definitely were not quick to complete. The one in Daggerfall is especially annoying, as each character has to go to the dungeon and get the ingredients, and they aren't inventory items that you can stock up on for your other characters like the fish during the New Life Festival. So, off each of them runs to the dungeon to compete for the nodes that spawn (I think you can also get them from the enemies, which means you have to fight as well).

The Ebonheart one isn't too bad, as really, it only takes more time when you're trying to get the achievement. The Almeri one is the easiest/shortest. But, yeah...I feel like it took me almost as much time to do those three quests as it did to do all 8 of the New Life quests.

But, the dialogue between the jesters was pretty good, so it was enjoyable. I'll probably run this until I get the new items and will work on some of the achieves on my alts whilst doing so. Hopefully, three days plus an evening is enough time to get the new items.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 27, 2018 4:04PM
  • creeker5
    creeker5
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Dubious Camoran Throne recipe for sure going to be a drop during this years event? The article was not clear.

"A host of fun consumables"
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Jester's Standards still going to be bound? Would it be possible to unbind them and/or give them a vendor value? None of the other events had bound furnishings....
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    creeker5 wrote: »
    Is the Dubious Camoran Throne recipe for sure going to be a drop during this years event? The article was not clear.

Since they've never removed items from the event boxes in subsequent years, I'm assuming that everything in the boxes from last year are still drops for this year.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldnt have picked a wose date. Well maybe this years feb 29th xD
    Atleast is not the "grind wormcult motif" festival. I hope?
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, so since I'm having family to my house almost that entire time, I will be lucky if I can do the quests on just one character. Which means I most likely won't get that DCT recipe I've been waiting for. "Thanks" zos for throwing out the magicka version like candy at a parade but making the stam version very scarce (200k+ at guild trader, which will go up even more now with the short event).
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Nice, so since I'm having family to my house almost that entire time, I will be lucky if I can do the quests on just one character. Which means I most likely won't get that DCT recipe I've been waiting for. "Thanks" zos for throwing out the magicka version like candy at a parade but making the stam version very scarce (200k+ at guild trader, which will go up even more now with the short event).

I'm sure it'll drop in the short term. Maybe not to completely worthless like Witchmother's did, but it should dip before it goes back up.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    creeker5 wrote: »

It is needed for achievement, if I remember correct. How can it not drop?
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's.... brief. Hope there's a decent droprate on the new memento and schematic, cause I'm going to be pretty busy during this awfully-short window.

More than that, though, I really, really hope ZOS fixed the Ebonheart quest so you don't have to glitch the clipping of the cart in order to avoid a bounty. That one piece of bad design really damaged what was otherwise a great event last year.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    Bummed that the event is so short this year.
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, how awful that it's only four days, and on a holiday weekend.
    So if that Dubious Camoran Throne recipe doesn't drop in that short time frame, then you can't get the Jester title for your character.

:/ The jester title is the main thing I wanted this year, but I might not be able to get it, now.

Edited by SydneyGrey on March 27, 2018 6:02PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we'll only have four chances to get Princess without alerting the butcher (per character), which means if we mess up all four times, that'll be it, and we won't be able to get the Royal Jester title for that character? :#:#:#:#:#
    And that's if we're actually able to play for all four days. The only way such a short time frame would work if if you could do the three quests multiple times per day on the same character.

Edited by SydneyGrey on March 27, 2018 6:11PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry, on April 1st they are going to say "April Fools! We are extending the festival until the 10th!" Just watch and see.