The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Outfit Station Race Motif Variations - Has anyone mapped what they actually equate to?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
I was trying to answer a question on Reddit and wasn't sure what they were asking.

I think they were asking about the Race Motif Variations in a round about way. I tried using ESO Fashion and ESO Styles to see if I could match them to a picture but wasn't finding some of the number 2 and 3 variations, usually in color.

And according to here, there are even different numbers of variations for different Motifs:

UESP Outfit Cost Per Item Chart

Has anyone matched what they equate to? Is it the Material Level Breaks, what are the exact material level ranges for each? Or is it just what ZOS decided to make them?

Dark Elf was the motif in question:

LIGHT Variations 1-3

LDELF.jpg

MEDIUM Variations 1-3

MDELF.jpg

HEAVY Variations 1-3

HDELF.jpg

Edited by SpAEkus on March 26, 2018 9:53PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs either have one look across all levels, or the more expanded ones like above which have four looks. All of the original racial styles do this, as well as some of the others...those can be identified in the outfit stations.

If a style changes looks as it advances, it has four tiers that occur at armor level 1, 16, 26, then 36+.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, thought it might be that. I just wasn't finding exact looking matches.